Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope I never take this success for granted...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 972

I hope I never take this success for granted...

Jan 10, 2019, 10:49 AM

It's so, so sweet but I hope I (and other Clemson fans) don't become those fans who feel a season is an automatic failure if we don't make the playoff or win it all (See jaded Bama fans).

Having gone to Clemson during the West era when 8-4 was a terrific season, a run like this seemed like a pipe dream and one I never imagined even during the Bowden era. I'm going to try and enjoy the ride as long as it lasts and hope I can keep that perspective even in "down" years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can't become Bama fans - enjoy the wins but

Jan 10, 2019, 10:55 AM

don't get to the point they are, where they can't enjoy their team's successes along the way if it doesn't end with a NC - that is not realistic or healthy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: We can't become Bama fans - enjoy the wins but

Jan 10, 2019, 11:06 AM

One guy who called on the Finebomb show said Alabama's 14-1 season was a failure. Really sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed

Jan 10, 2019, 10:56 AM

Last year, one year removed from the national championship there were some folks (not many, but some) treating the season as a failure when we finished 12-2 and 4th in the country.

It's gonna happen to some folks, thats fine, but I maintain if you can't be happy being 4th then college football probably isn't the sport for you.

Well said, enjoy every minute of this ride. It will, one day, end. That'll be fine when it does, but I sure as heck will be enjoying the heck out of this ride while it lasts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you even log and see Clemson fans' reaction the week

Jan 10, 2019, 10:59 AM

after the USuCk game? Even Nikki Hood's husband said it felt like a loss. I'm sure beating Bama like a drum will keep those "fans" grounded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Did you even log and see Clemson fans' reaction the week

Jan 10, 2019, 11:10 AM

Leave Nikki Hood's husband alone. He is still upset that the folks in Palo Alto didn't let him in to view their stadium.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 972
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic