Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love the folks getting mad at Kapernick...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

I love the folks getting mad at Kapernick...

Aug 28, 2016, 10:51 AM

Was it a silly publicity stunt? YES, no doubt about it.

However, while I may agree that his reasoning was wrong...it amuses me all the people who are taking it personally as an affront to freedom.

You do realize that the FREEDOM this country provides means he can chose not to participate? That's one of the main principles this country was founded on.

Go all patriotic if you want, but if you're challenging his RIGHT AS AN AMERICAN not to stand for the anthem...then you need to read the constitution.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Precisely +1***

Aug 28, 2016, 10:53 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not -1 !!!***

Aug 28, 2016, 11:31 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i love the folks that love the folks getting mad at Kapernick

Aug 28, 2016, 3:01 PM

i love it when bullies act like they've got it all figured out, man. they're so cute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It's about the FALSE narative behind his "protest", silly!!!

Aug 29, 2016, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Precisely +1*** ]

ct

Re: I love the folks getting mad at Kapernick...

Aug 28, 2016, 11:01 AM

My point is he has the right to do that but he does not
have the right to do that in a 9'ers uniform while representing
the team and not expect some blow back. He lives in San Fran for gods sake
he is in the majority of that city's thinking and thinks that the rest of America feels the same
way. If he wants to do things like that do it while not representing his team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 11:06 AM

His right as an American supersedes that uniform man. Big time. The 49'ers even released a statement saying as much. They employ him, they do not own him.

Aug 28, 2016, 11:15 AM

I am sorry I will dumb this down for you to understand. It is his right
to do that but it is the right of others to disagree and speak out about his actions.
It is a 2 way street not a 1 way shove it in your face road and ONLY your opinions
matter because it is your right. The 9'ners may have made a statement we employ him not own
him but when they cut him it is their right also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 11:46 AM

You don't need to dumb anything down for me. Nor do you need to act like an a$$ by saying something like that. You're precisely the type I'm referring with my original post apparently.

I make a point, and you immediately resort to insulting my intelligence. Excellent strategy, I'll be sure to take your post seriously...............

Aug 28, 2016, 1:46 PM

Settle down buddy - its almost time for the Clemson Mens Varsity football season to start...

Who gives a d@mn what Colin did. It likely will never have any impact on anyone on this board!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Aug 28, 2016, 2:02 PM

Thank goodness.

Aug 28, 2016, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I love the folks getting mad at Kapernick... ]

Freedom just protects him from prosecution by the government. It doesn't mean anything in terms of public opinion and backlash.

Wait hold on about 5 fireman lost their jobs

Aug 28, 2016, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I love the folks getting mad at Kapernick... ]

Calling out BLM, some teachers and there's the last few months, do their rights as Americans go away? See freedom of speech just allows you to do it, it does not protect you from the majority of they disagree with you. How many boycotts have their been the last few years because of reed of speech?

His employee has every right to keep him and basically day it's ok we agree with him(then we can boycott) (which conservatives rarely do) or fire him for cause because they don't agree with Him.

Re: Wait hold on about 5 fireman lost their jobs

Aug 28, 2016, 12:25 PM

But they can't take away his right not to stand, all they can do is fire him/pay out his contract (there's a little gotcha).

His right...I have a very simple point here. Everyone making it deeper only justifies my point more.

If you're incensed at his actions, so be it. But don't challenge his freedom. I noticed several misguided people (here and elsewhere) flexing their patriot muscle for the wrong reasons and I made a post about it. That's all.

Aug 28, 2016, 9:36 PM

I think you are getting your feelings hurt because we don't agree with your left wing point of view.
Yes he and you have your rights and I have the right to tell you how stupid it is!
He also is doing this because he is Islamic!!! Wake up America!

Aug 29, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait hold on about 5 fireman lost their jobs ]

Wow you sound like a child.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

You are spot on

Aug 28, 2016, 11:04 AM

Living in this great Country gives him the right to do as he pleases......to bad he doesn't have the common sense not to disrespect the flag of a Country that allowed him to do it. He would be killed in other parts of the world. The freedoms that exist here have nothing to do with the injustice that also is a part of the big picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: You are spot on

Aug 28, 2016, 11:50 AM

Not buying it...

His opionions and views for "oppression" are severely misplaced. You know believe it or not there are still kids that probably look up to that Gonzo looking MFer and him not standing up and paying homage to the country that has given you the opportunity to rip off an employer out of millions is beyond disrespectful. The only thing oppressing people of color are themselves and Democrats. He wants to impress me...go protest a BLM or a Hillary rally...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 28, 2016, 11:57 AM

So racism doesn't exist?

Minorities won't be denied a place to stay because of race.

Minorities will have the opportunity to go to "great" schools.

That's just the short list.

Aug 28, 2016, 12:16 PM

Is racism narrowed down to one race?

Is it more racist now than in 60s and 70s? Truth is RIGHT NOW is a perfect time to be a minority in this country. This disparity that you are claiming exists has everything to do with culture and less to do with racism.

I am white and grew up in the ghetto off Dorchester Rd in North Charleston, SC. I've been beat up for being white as a kid and was called cracker on a number of occasions. I remember sitting in class in the 7th and 8th grades and seeing black pregnant class mates...I remember seeing a gang fight in high school that was so bad the police couldn't even stop it. My point is...who is the real oppressor here? Really?

I'll never agree that minorities are oppressed against in this country ANYMORE. Especially with my wife's uncle laid up in the hospital in Charlotte after he and his family were jumped for by 4 black guys last weekend for being white.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 28, 2016, 12:50 PM

White tears....smh.

Aug 29, 2016, 9:59 AM

You sound pretty racist congrats.

This, too, is very reasonable

Aug 28, 2016, 11:54 AM [ in reply to You are spot on ]

He should have more respect, but freedom means you can act that way if you wish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: This, too, is very reasonable

Aug 28, 2016, 11:58 AM

Agreed.

We are not challenging his right to do it, we are saying he

Aug 28, 2016, 11:11 AM

is a moron for doing it. Just like the Principal at TR Friday night who did not let students wave American flags at the Berea game because he didn't want the American flag to be used as a symbol of racism. Come'on! If the Mexicans want to come to this country and live......become Americans. Not Mexican Americans. If Mexico is so great, go back to Mexico. If you want to be proud that you are Mexican, I have no problem with that, but I find it incredulous that our American leaders are going to limit the flying of the American flag because they are afraid we will offend NON-Americans.

Re: We are not challenging his right to do it, we are saying he

Aug 28, 2016, 11:44 AM

There are plenty of people confusing the issue and challenging his right. Maybe not you, but plenty of people are mindlessly making it an affront on freedom.

It IS an affront to freedom in the sense that he is being

Aug 28, 2016, 11:54 AM

disrespectful to the very thing that provides and protects his freedom, and the freedom of the people he is suppsedly taking a stand for.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It IS an affront to freedom in the sense that he is being

Aug 28, 2016, 12:04 PM

You do realize we live in America...where you can BURN the flag if you chose, in public view, as an act of "symbolic speech". Supreme court ruled on it under the 1st Amendment.

His stand WAS NOT an affront on freedom, if anything it was him exercising his freedom.

Debate on how stupid he was for doing it all day, but don't challenge his right to do what he did.

Aug 28, 2016, 12:09 PM

Don't give a crap about this idiot except when says "blacks are oppressed", which contradicts his lifestyle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Lawd dude - again - I'm not challenging his right

Aug 28, 2016, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: It IS an affront to freedom in the sense that he is being ]

to do what he did. Mercy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Good Lawd dude - again - I'm not challenging his right

Aug 28, 2016, 12:16 PM

you just said (in capital letters) it was an affront to freedom ("in a sense"). I'm sorry, but that's wrong. It can't be both ways. He is either acting on the principle of freedom, or America suddenly became communist overnight and I missed it. That's all I'm saying.

And I stand by that 100%. He is taking a swipe at America:

Aug 28, 2016, 12:35 PM

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."

He is disrespecting the whole country for some perceived injustice. The thing he is disrespecting (the flag and the country it represents) is the very thing that provides and protects his freedom to speak out, so in that sense, it is an affront to freedom.

Now, if he wants to complain about something that is wrong with America, that's fine, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Honor the source of your freedom.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: And I stand by that 100%. He is taking a swipe at America:

Aug 28, 2016, 12:42 PM

The fact that so many people think my post is in disagreement with your point to honor the source of your freedom concerns me. I AGREE WITH THAT.

I don't agree with people making it seem like that's not his right. That feels wrong to me.

At what point does disagreeing with a persons opinion on an issue mean that you want to limit his 1st Ammendment rights? Cause there are a lot of people that are acting like that and it's mind blowing to me. And also a bit scary.

How are you gonna feel if that oppression happens to you...in this country?

All young people should serve 2 years out of High School

Aug 28, 2016, 12:48 PM

White, Black, Asian, Hispanic it doesn't matter. It would help to build a more solid America and this type of nonsense would cease

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All young people should serve 2 years out of High School

Aug 28, 2016, 12:50 PM

Another dumb idea. Smh.

Aug 28, 2016, 12:52 PM [ in reply to All young people should serve 2 years out of High School ]

Structure may be good for our youth, but forcing them into the military isn't the way to do it. You might as well just water board them if that's your logic. People in this country are FREE. That's why this country exists. You can't force people into things like some kind of cult with mind control.

Aug 28, 2016, 12:55 PM

Well How do we do it? Something has got to give. Cities are burning and we better find an answer soon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 12:59 PM

On that point I will agree and slap my own hand because I'm just pointing out an issue without a solution.

Here's hoping someone smarter than me finds an answer quick. For your sake, my sake and everyone in this country.

Aug 28, 2016, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: All young people should serve 2 years out of High School ]

I am exercising my freedom and I have decided you are a spoiled brat. You have bought into the lies of the media!

I love language and its nuances. Because you feel something

Aug 28, 2016, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Good Lawd dude - again - I'm not challenging his right ]

is so, you can't see Smiling's truth in what he is saying/suggesting. You don't like the words he uses or take exception to those because you've decided up front any phrasing along those lines is just wrong. That's bad form.

The Flag, National Anthem & America the Beautiful et al. are simply symbols of the Freedom under which Colin lives, breathes, works and is afforded the right to protest.

Why thumb your nose at the very thing you are exercising? That's the affront I believe some folks are trying to convey and hopefully you can recall the bombers long enough to find the feels in it?

If you're unhappy with certain aspects of the human condition within the borders of the States, then find a way to address it directly or in an indirect manner that makes sense. What Colin has done is "protested" a thing, a symbol of his right to protest and in doing so proved himself wrong as he woke up this morning in the comfort of his home, among fleece or feather and not in some cold, dank dungeon or modern day version of the Bastille.

Thanks Colin for proving America great even though you attempted to condemn her symbols, the truth they convey & the Freedom they embody.

I award him no points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love language and its nuances. Because you feel something

Aug 28, 2016, 12:56 PM

I actually just said I agree with him DSP. Said multiple times Colin acted like an idiot actually.

Forcing someone to stand for the national anthem isn't the answer to America's stupid, as much as some may want it to be.

Forcing him? Who suggested forcing him? Not me.***

Aug 28, 2016, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Forcing him? Who suggested forcing him? Not me.***

Aug 28, 2016, 1:01 PM

Nope, no you. But the general consensus I've noticed since the debacle is he should have stood..."because of reasons." That's all fine and good...if you live in North Korea.

Who said he should be forced to stand?

Aug 28, 2016, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I love language and its nuances. Because you feel something ]

I don't agree with that at all. I'm sure there are some nutjobs that feel that way, but I don't see any in this thread, and I'd say that 95% of the people who care feel the same way

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Who said he should be forced to stand?

Aug 28, 2016, 1:05 PM

I see a few nutjobs, not you, but some. And most didn't post in this thread, you are correct. I also mentioned I saw them elsewhere, not just on tigernet. The nutjobs are the reason for my post, not yourself.

Aug 28, 2016, 12:51 PM [ in reply to It IS an affront to freedom in the sense that he is being ]

A Flag is merely a symbol. Smh.

Aug 28, 2016, 5:03 PM [ in reply to We are not challenging his right to do it, we are saying he ]

I agree. Right on my American bro!!

Aug 29, 2016, 2:57 PM [ in reply to We are not challenging his right to do it, we are saying he ]

Dang!!! I didn't know about this. Not being able to wave an American Flag at an event held in America. What a wussy!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont agree with what he did either. The irony is he disrespecting the men and women

Aug 28, 2016, 11:13 AM

Of color who have fought for that flag. It represents them as well.

Re: I dont agree with what he did either. The irony is he disrespecting the men and women

Aug 28, 2016, 12:20 PM

The hell it does!

I doubt anybody has questioned his right to do that

Aug 28, 2016, 11:15 AM

it's amazing how dense some people are

Re: I doubt anybody has questioned his right to do that

Aug 28, 2016, 11:56 AM

I'm assuming you're referring to me when you say "it's amazing how dense some people are." If so, once again, excellent strategy insulting those with a differing opinion. The American Way?

time and place for everything...***

Aug 28, 2016, 11:31 AM

Re: time and place for everything...***

Aug 28, 2016, 11:51 AM

I think I said in the VERY FIRST part of my original post I didn't agree with his reasoning...but go on hearing what you want to hear.

C'mon, nobody is challenging his right not to stand.

Aug 28, 2016, 11:45 AM

People are upset not only because he's being disrespectful, but because his reason for being so is 100% bogus, and his behavior is childish and moronic. He's just flat out wrong, and he's directing his misplaced anger toward the very thing that actually protects not only his right to be a moron, but the rights of all not to be discriminated against.

As you point out, he has every right to be all of that, but people also have every right to call him out on it.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: C'mon, nobody is challenging his right not to stand.

Aug 28, 2016, 11:49 AM

I've seen lots of folks, not just on TigerNet, ignorantly making this about his "attack on freedom."

It doesn't just have to be on TigerNet...the world's a big place, I've seen it here, and elsewhere.

I'm not mad....

Aug 28, 2016, 11:49 AM

If he wants to make himself look like a complete uninformed imbecile, that's his choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm not mad....

Aug 28, 2016, 11:52 AM

Agreed, and I think he does look like an uninformed imbecile. But that doesn't change the fact that if he chooses not to stand, that's his right.

That's way too reasonable

Aug 28, 2016, 11:52 AM

Don't you know only extreme right-wing views are allowed on the mange?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 28, 2016, 11:56 AM

People should also read the 3rd verse of the SPB. I believe there you will discover the reason it's not part of the public playlist. Secondly, no man has the right to judge a persons intentions either, in regards to it being a publicity stunt or simply him following his convictions. Rather than people getting into an uproar, how about listen and try to understand how a person feels before throwing out condemnation. There is no perfect governed state on this Earth without sin or issues. IMO, that place is up above.

Of course he has the freedom not to participate.

Aug 28, 2016, 12:08 PM

And I have the freedom to disagree with his opinion and his actions.

The first amendment allows for freedom of speech, but it does not ensure that there won't be consequences for what is said (e.g., public backlash, losing your job, etc.). Many people confuse the two.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Of course he has the freedom not to participate.

Aug 28, 2016, 12:13 PM

As I've said, I agree with your right to disagree...I even agree about your disagreement. He's an idiot for what he did. Agreed? ;)

wrong Judge... freedom "not to participate" is a lie.

Aug 28, 2016, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Of course he has the freedom not to participate. ]

no such freedom exists

and never can.

otherwise the Constitution has no basis....

for the Constitution to have basis it must be respected

and followed at all times by all involved.

anything less and it's nothing more than a menu for failure as a Country.

the key words are: "follow by all at all times".

Colin KaperHole can disrespect those not following the Constitution all he wants -

and there are plenty of those around on both sides of the aisle.

He just can't disrespect the Flag or the Constitution it represents.

You, and all those who think like you, are simply wrong.

And the rest of us are damaged by your misguided ideas....

you can take a crap on the flag but it isn't a good idea***

Aug 28, 2016, 12:27 PM

Aug 28, 2016, 12:27 PM

I think he is spoiled and full of ####. His reasoning equals that as well. We all know folks from all walks that have been extremely successful and those that are not financially successful. Today, using race as an excuse not to earn a buck is lame. If Colin is unhappy, he can go live in The Sudan until he realizes the opportunity folks with his attitude have in America. It's nonsense and it paints a good illustration of why is he isn't starting with all the talent he has.

Lol, you do realize people then have the

Aug 28, 2016, 1:03 PM

Right to be offended, boycott and say whatever they want about it. You know, freedom.

He doest have the freedom from consequences of actions tho. See any public figure that even makes anything hinting at an off color joke

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol, you do realize people then have the

Aug 28, 2016, 1:20 PM

Yep, and I've said as much multiple times in the thread. I have no quarrel with those who think Colin acted foolishly. As a matter of fact I agree. And it's #### sure people's right to be upset with him, just like it was his right to do what he did.

It's the folks proposing blind allegiance that concern me.

it is not a Right to disrespect the Flag or the Constitution

Aug 28, 2016, 1:17 PM

you lightweights simply don't understand.

Quite frankly, I'm far more offended for our Nation by what KaperHole did

than by what Juan Carlos and Tommie Smith did in the Olympics in 1968.

They stood up for the Flag and the anthem,

but also gave a salute that reminded the Country

about the values we were supposed to embrace.

Re: it is not a Right to disrespect the Flag or the Constitution

Aug 28, 2016, 1:22 PM

Lightweight? I'm a little heavier than you give me credit for. ;)

But what don't I understand about the 1st Ammendment? Enlighten me please.

well when my wife posted a Fathead on my wall

Aug 28, 2016, 1:42 PM

it was a picture of me. Should I take a hint?

seriously though, I understand the misconception of the 1st Amendment.

just as with all rights, there are limits though.

nothing is unassailable. (well except for those who view Christ as such...)

the point is simple though as well: you can't denigrate the validity of that which gives or pronounces your rights.

to do so is prima facie contradictory.

at that point you become literally without rights.

disrespect bad cops, flagrant politicians, historical family names, flags which bear the shame of history -

disrespect those all you want, and then some!

casting dispersions on the Constitution or its Banner

because some have inappropriately co-opted that Banner

is undeniably without merit.

Aug 28, 2016, 1:25 PM

Maybe Mr. Kaepernick's misguided protest would carry a little more weight if he declined all those dollars the NFL is paying him. You the kind of dollars that have UNITED STATES OF AMERICA printed on them??!!!!
Until then he just looks like an attention #####.

Aug 28, 2016, 1:34 PM

Amen, well said.

Aug 28, 2016, 1:26 PM

So why is he wrong for making a stand for "Black Lives?" Why aren't we as passionate about cops killing unarmed blacks as we are about Kap standing for the anthem?

Aug 28, 2016, 1:45 PM

Because they don't care.

No one has yet said his fiance converted him to Islam

Aug 29, 2016, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I love the folks getting mad at Kapernick... ]

earlier this year....

Well....

Aug 29, 2016, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I love the folks getting mad at Kapernick... ]

smh

Aug 28, 2016, 1:32 PM

If he chooses to be that way, that's fine. It's his American right. HOWEVER, he also needs to keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands of men and women from all ethnic backgrounds who wear that flag on their shoulder proudly. I'll shed a tear for those who never took the uniform off, today.

Aug 28, 2016, 1:42 PM

I served in the Air Force and am also a black man. I've also gotten harassed by the police. They're some good ones as well as bad ones. I just think police killing unarmed blacks is a more serious issue than standing for the anthem.

He has two choices: A. man of principle or B. sellout

Aug 28, 2016, 1:50 PM

I will explain.
He chose to exercise his right of protest in one of the most divisive way. He said he was doing that because . . .
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Now that he has put that out there he has two choices.
Choice 1 is to be a Man of Principle and continue to "not stand up to show pride...". He should continue to do that until there are not more "bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder." Whether or not those statements are real is not the question. That was the point of his protest and therefore he should continue his protest until they are no longer (by his perception) in existence.

Choice 2 - Be a sellout. If the problems (as he perceives them) aren't eliminated and he discontinues his protest, then quite simply he is a Sellout. If he's going to lose money, stature, reputation for the cause he believes in and continue the fight, he will be able to stand by his word. If he caves to public pressure, then he is a prostitute to fame and fortune.

Re: He has two choices: A. man of principle or B. sellout

Aug 28, 2016, 1:57 PM

I agree with you 100%.... I hope he stands his ground and more people join the cause. He is making a non violent stand and I hope more players join the cause in one way or another. I can't understand why people are so offended when it's said that black lives matter. Do they or don't they? If he was making a stand for the gay and lesbian community he'd be getting praised right now.

don't misconstrue what I said

Aug 28, 2016, 6:40 PM

I think he is a loser who is exercising his 1st amendment rights and that he does not have the courage to stand by his beliefs. I think he will cave and show us how much of a coward he really is. But that is simply my opinion. I may be wrong. Time will tell.

exactly

Aug 28, 2016, 2:38 PM

if you are spending your time pondering this and bashing him, I'd encourage you to find a hobby. it's a big who gives a ####

btw, it's game week

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Exercising Your Rights Can Still Be Wrong

Aug 28, 2016, 3:14 PM

Kapernick can continue to eat big hard dk in all day

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 5:39 PM

He had the right to do it and I have the right to call him an idiot for doing it. I don't have a lot of patience for people like him who throw around labels merely to incite people. This notion of so many "oppressed" people have largely been made by people who have never seen oppression - and that include the BLM folks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 8:44 PM

I don't think new citizens have to pledge an oath of allegiance anymore......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 28, 2016, 9:26 PM

He is doing this because he has converted to Islam! He is also engaged to a leader of The BLM movement.
He USA hypocrite of the highest order.
He was adopted by white people who cared for him and loved him and did not are what color or race he was.
He is worth over 100 million dollars because he can play a game! He was accused of rape on 3 different occasions yet still afforded the right to play football.
He claims blacks are being oppressed in America yet as an Islamic person he has not taken a stand against their awful treatment of women or the fact that they are conducting genicide against Christians world wide.
Please stop lecturing us on Mr. Kapernicks rights and open your eyes to what is really going on.
By the way the NFL is a bunch of hypocrites as well! The league not the players.

Aug 28, 2016, 9:48 PM

He has the right. ..

Just like everyone else does to call him out for being a lazy disrespectful punk that accomplished jack for his "cause"

....even hurt it

Aug 28, 2016, 10:32 PM

Since I live in the Bay Area I’ve witnessed first-hand Colin Kaepernick’s so-called “career”. There is almost a 1:1 relationship between the time he became quarterback and the 49ers descent from excellence - which sadly has not yet reached the bottom.

Several questions come to mind with the first being why now? Why not sometime during the past 5 years did he decide to “protest”. The answer is simple – this is not a protest at all. When one protests there are 2 reasons: to either promote yourself or to actually expect an action around what you are protesting. To say he does not want to “show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color” is not actionable – those are just words. Words that may incite conversation but still just words. What does he expect to change? Specifically?

It is my opinion this is just a way of promoting himself. It’s not the first time. “Bad boy” behavior is common in the NFL. His miscalculation is that it is usually followed up by stellar performances on the field. And in his case he probably won’t even by playing by the time the season starts. There is no such thing as “bad publicity” though and by doing this his brand grew exponentially. Perhaps not in a way most of us would like, but it did grow.

My opinion is the real way to voice your discontent with his behavior is to not say anything at all. And yes, I get it – I’m doing exactly what I say we should not do. His PR folks – and please don’t fool yourself into thinking this was not a very calculated and planned thing - have spent the past 2 days counting how many “comments” have been made on all the various sites. They view this as total success.

Personally, I can’t help but think about the irony of his actions anyway – he is “protesting” the very thing that gives him the right to do so. And that right – that right that over 600,000 US soldiers died for in WWI and WWII and we should honor and be grateful for every day - drowns any kind of ridiculous Colin Kaepernick behavior even if it is his right to do so.

Aug 28, 2016, 11:16 PM

Didn't you make a post a month or two ago bitching about political post that weren't on the P&R board?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 29, 2016, 10:04 AM

He has the freedom to do what he wants.

I have the freedom to call him a #######.

Also I wonder what the two white people who ADOPTED him and raised him think about his accusations of oppression.

Aug 29, 2016, 3:04 PM

the dude grew up in a white family in Turlock, California. While CK is half-black, I'm not sure he really knows too much about African-americans being oppressed.

Replies: 90
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic