Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Super Bowl winning QB says Clemson commit Cooper has a "super high ceiling"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Super Bowl winning QB says Clemson commit Cooper has a "super high ceiling"

Apr 3, 2015, 12:55 PM

Super Bowl winning QB says Clemson commit Cooper has a "super high ceiling"

It didn't take long for 2016 Clemson quarterback commit Zerrick Cooper to gain national attention because of his dynamic skill set. It is that same skill set that got Cooper noticed recently by a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are going to be loaded at QB in 2016

Apr 3, 2015, 1:17 PM

Watso, Schuessler, Bryant, Isreal and Cooper. The problem is that only one of them can play and with so much talent at that position in 2016, its likely one of them will eventually transfer due to lack of playing time. In my opinion, I think Schuessler will be the guy that will transfer after this season. Its nice having all of this talent at QB but no one wants to sit on the bench their whole career

Re: We are going to be loaded at QB in 2016

Apr 3, 2015, 1:26 PM

Cooper will redshirt Watson's last year. Someone else will transfer like you said and then we have 3 staggered. One will redshirt this year. Seems like it will work out perfect.

Apr 3, 2015, 1:38 PM

I agree that one will transfer. That being said, as Carls stated, we will have the qb's staggered and will be absolutely loaded. It may be wildly premature but after DW4 leaves Clemson will have the same problem Ohio State has, 3 starters on the roster and only one starting spot. It all goes back to the fact that Clemson is no longer recruiting but reloading.
Dabo is taking the program to new heights building off the foundation of CTB. Welcome to the age of Tigers being a powerhouse once again!
All I can say is, #### it feels good to be a Tiger!!!

Apr 3, 2015, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: We are going to be loaded at QB in 2016 ]

I may be wrong, but I just don't see Scheussler at the same talent level
as these other guys. Correct me if I'm wrong---which I may well be

Apr 3, 2015, 7:20 PM

Oh, and the only part he maybe better at, is after 3 years he may know more about the offense, but he loses that advantage with a bean pole body size.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to We are going to be loaded at QB in 2016 ]

I just wish that Differ would keep his mouth shut about what a super high ceiling Zerrick has when he actually don't know that much about him and already can see what a talent Zerrick really is. Talk like that is what some coaches hasn't seen right now bc of his ACL injury that has kept most coaches interest away, and after Differ's opinion will bring a lot more attention to him by other coaches. And that will make keeping him committed much harder to do. Our coaches saw what they needed to see and got him committed to us. I say that Differ should let other coaches do their own recruiting without him helping in getting him recruited by other teams. There are a lot of coaches that hasn't seen what Clemson and Differ has seen in Zerrick Cooper, so keep your mouth shut Differ. And as far as what Bleedorange09® has said about Schuessler may transfer, I hope that he does so that he can get some playing time. I appreciate him choosing Clemson, but IMO, if true freshman QBs beat him out, then he will never be good enough to be a Clemson QB. IMO, he hasn't taken full use and advantage of the weight room b/c his body looks to be the exact same as it did when he came to Clemson, He was 190 pounds when coming to Clemson, and he has only gained 5 pounds since enrolling at at Clemson 3 years ago. I just don't see any definition in his arms that you see from someone that works out in a weight room, especially in a weight room like the one we have at Clemson, and he has only gained 5 pounds, and none of the 5 pounds appears to be muscle. So seriously, he has never planed to be a starter nor a back up QB at Clemson!!!. Tucker and Bryant though will have to fight it out, and the one that wants it the most will be the QB that starts for us when DeShaun moves own or gets another injury. And I'm praying that DeShaun doesn't ever get another injury. A QB like DeShaun are the ones you see winning the Heisman trophy and winning championships. Goooo Tigersss, and I think that Zerrick Cooper will be a reload QB for Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2015, 6:43 PM

Great post. I totally agree with you. If a player doesn't have the smarts
or motivation to realize the importance of the weight room at this level of
football then he doesn't need to be here. We really don't need a lot of
players with "buggy whip" arms.

Apr 3, 2015, 6:32 PM [ in reply to We are going to be loaded at QB in 2016 ]

I had ACL surgery. The only way to regain confidence in your leg's stability
is to get in the weight room and build your legs into tree trunks. The re-built
ACL is actually stronger than the original, but the muscles around it atrophy during
recovery, even with rehab. The key is to re-build the size and strength of those
muscles that surround and support the knee. I'm not sure he should even be attempting to
play until he accomplishes that. He sound like a great prospect. At 6'5", he needs
to get up to at least 230, so he should be red-shirted and told to make the weight room
his second home. He could be a monster in the making.

lol,your acl injury is nothing like these guys.

Apr 4, 2015, 12:16 AM

Just stop it....go count hotel rooms.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Trent Dilfer had Deshaun at the back of the pack during his Elite 11

Apr 3, 2015, 3:15 PM

He went on & on about the other kids and how greatly awesome once in a lifetime QB's they were. Did any other QB's from that camp or other true Freshmen have the impact that Deshaun Watson did? I think we have another awesome commit but Not because Dilfer said so. He's full of ****

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Shouldn't have any trouble with that 12 ft Christmas tree !

Apr 3, 2015, 4:59 PM

This response is meant to be sarcastic and about as useful as Dilfer's opinion.

Re: Shouldn't have any trouble with that 12 ft Christmas tree !

Apr 3, 2015, 6:46 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Trent Dilfer? Never heard of him.

Apr 3, 2015, 6:49 PM

Okay, I got it. Dilfer was a QB who won a Super Bowl. Who did he play for?

Apr 3, 2015, 6:56 PM

Slumdog V
V
V

Trent Dilfer 49ers.jpg
Dilfer in November 2007
No. 12, 8, 4
Position: Quarterback
Personal information
Date of birth: March 13, 1972 (age 43)
Place of birth: Santa Cruz, California
Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Weight: 247 lb (112 kg)
Career information
High school: Aptos (CA)
College: Fresno State
NFL draft: 1994 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6
Career history

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1994–1999)
Baltimore Ravens (2000)
Seattle Seahawks (2001–2004)
Cleveland Browns (2005)
San Francisco 49ers (2006–2007)

Career highlights and awards

NFL

Pro Bowl selection (1997)
Super Bowl Champion (XXXV)
AFC Champion (2000)
Steve Largent Award (2003)
Bart Starr Man of the Year Award (2002)

College

First-team All-WAC (1993)
WAC Offensive P.O.Y. (1993)
AP All-American (1993)
Sammy Baugh Trophy (1993)

Career NFL statistics
Pass attempts: 3,172
Pass completions: 1,759
Percentage: 55.5
TD–INT: 113–129
Passing yards: 20,518
QB Rating: 70.2
Stats at NFL.com

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he's no Nunez, but I guess he'll do(nm)

Apr 3, 2015, 7:02 PM

nm

Re: New Story: Super Bowl winning QB says Clemson commit Cooper has a "super high ceiling"

Apr 3, 2015, 8:06 PM

I appreciate Tigernet and am thankful we have decent coverage of most things (M & W tennis played today...where's a short write-up about that). I've never complained about the site, or anything other than an occasional asinine "fan," so don't go hatin'. However, this is a warmed up leftover - same story as a week/10days ago. This happens often. Ah, gotta love the off-season, I suppose.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic