Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a gut feeling that we will win the NC this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,477

I have a gut feeling that we will win the NC this year

Aug 2, 2012, 7:49 AM

And no, that's not indigestion from Hardees' new bacon-bacon biscuit that i just wolfed down. Nor does it have anything to do with the considerable talent we can bring to bear on the field. Something just feels different about this team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Re: I have a gut feeling that we will win the NC this year

Aug 2, 2012, 7:53 AM

ACCCG I'm with you
NC will be in 2013

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2012, 7:59 AM

Nice. I don't know wat it is, maybe i'm just too fired up about football season. I'd originally thought we'd go 9-3, but i feel like we've got a special group of guys, and that may be selling them short.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Aug 2, 2012, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I have a gut feeling that we will win the NC this year ]

I tend to think more along those lines, but we will soon be very special, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pointed you for the enthusiasm, although it didn't help

Aug 2, 2012, 7:58 AM

my old nerves. At this point in time in my life I am forced to take one game at a time in order not to succumb to "positive-thinking" stress disorder. However, there are a lot of us old-timers who want another NC before we depart this earthly realm. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I pointed you for the enthusiasm, although it didn't help

Aug 2, 2012, 8:01 AM

Haha it's not just the old folks. I'm jealous that you guys got to see Clemson at its greatest. My earliest memories of tiger football are, unfortunately, hatfield and west

Mine go back to the Frank Howard days, the mandatory

Aug 2, 2012, 8:13 AM

ROTC and "Rat" System, so a lot of my thinking is based upon what the upperclassmen drilled into us, and I suppose that will be with me as long as I'm still around.

Mine too.***

Aug 2, 2012, 8:15 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I pointed you for the enthusiasm, although it didn't help

Aug 2, 2012, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I pointed you for the enthusiasm, although it didn't help ]

Hatfield didn't start out too bad. I was up there during the transition from CDF to Hatfield. That was a crazy night after the coaching change was announced. Tons of students stormed the front lawn of the Dean.

I'd love to say I'm completely in agreement on your initial feeling, but I'd settle for an ACC title and a BCS bowl win. Not too much to ask for! :).

I go back that far too.

Aug 2, 2012, 8:20 AM

I still remember being in the kitchen with my mom listening to the Clemson games of the early 60s on the radio. WOOOHOOO MERCY!!!

I hate to say but I had a good feeling about the Orange Bowl

Aug 2, 2012, 8:24 AM

game until the fumble return.

My point is that there is a long season ahead and many things can happen. Lets see where the road leads and hope to enjoy a good ride.

Re: I hate to say but I had a good feeling about the Orange Bowl

Aug 2, 2012, 11:26 AM

ugggh...same here. That game was under control (scoring back and forth but still in hand) until that fumble return.

One game at a time this year - let's start by trouncing Au-Barn.

We are going 11-1 this year.***

Aug 2, 2012, 8:28 AM

Re: We are going 11-1 this year.***

Aug 2, 2012, 3:40 PM

I also think we go 11-1. Unfortunately, you don't want to know where I think that 1 loss is going to come from.

Objectively I don't see it with the inexperienced.........

Aug 2, 2012, 9:21 AM

offensive and defensive lines we have. You never know but for it to happen they're going to have to gel real quick.

Re: Objectively I don't see it with the inexperienced.........

Aug 2, 2012, 9:30 AM

I agree, i think line play will have the bigest direct impact on the W-L column this year. If some of our older guys like dalton are able to effectively play the role of senior leader/elder statesman, we could reallyhave something special on our hands.

Re: Objectively I don't see it with the inexperienced.........

Aug 2, 2012, 9:56 AM

I'm holding my breath until I see the OL play. I have big concerns about 'em. We can't afford ANY OL injuries to the starting 5. It's a long season. Even if we have 5 who can play, can they all stay healthy through 14 games?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Talent means more than experience, esp on the Dline.

Aug 2, 2012, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Objectively I don't see it with the inexperienced......... ]

As for the OL, they only need to be as good as last yr for us to win them all.

The big test will be at FSU, but we just need to not screw ourselves when we go down there, which we usually do in that stadium.

But one thing that could help our OL, or at least make them look better than they are, is that Defenses will probably play a lot of 8 man zones against us. That gave Tajh fits last yr, and our WR corp is too good to leave 1 on 1's.
That means time to throw, which if Tajh learns to be patient and takes the check downs, we roll a lot this yr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's your heart.

Aug 2, 2012, 9:31 AM

My heart says we win em all. My gut says we lose 3 but my mind overrides them both saying we lose two. State and FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2012, 9:54 AM

right now i only want to beat auburn. get back to me in a few weeks about that nc and we will dicuss it more in detail.

Aug 2, 2012, 10:06 AM

if not indigestion, then maybe it's heartburn. Anyway, have a doctor check it out to be on the safe side. No way in Hades do we win the NC this year. I'd be happy if we win the STATE for a change.

btw: The Real USC has the inside track on the NC this year. They are freaking loaded, even with only 75 schollies. Even the SEC is not favored to win it this year.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,477
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic