Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The myth of the president American wanted/still wants
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

The myth of the president American wanted/still wants

Dec 5, 2019, 3:20 PM

Forming a new topic after having to correct someone's shaky math in another thread.

The Trump crowd parrots these myths, which is simple evidence of blindly believing anything said by Fox/Rush/Hannity and the Dear Orange Leader.

-America wanted Trump!
-Democrats are trying to undo America's 2016 decision.
-America loves Trump; any poll numbers that say the opposite are liberal media bias.
-Based on all this, Trump is going to win in 2020.

And I'm just going to undo all these claims with simple statistics. I'll do it in simple, easy to follow bullet points.

-62 million+ voted for Trump. 65 million+ voted for Hillary. There were 157.6 million registered voters in the U.S. in 2016. You get the idea. Thirty million didn't vote for either of them.
-Trump is only the fifth president in history to win without getting the popular vote. The others were John Quincy Adams, Rutherford B. Hayes, Benjamin Harrison, and George W. Bush. So while possible, it's rare.
-The polls in 2016 accurately predicted the popular vote, which is why they predicted Hillary to win. Again, remember, it had only happened four times in U.S. history where this wasn't the case
-Trump's average approval rating is 41.6, the absolute worst in U.S. history since they started polling the public on presidents
-And before you declare liberal media bias on this, do you know who has the second lowest average approval? Barack Obama.
-He also has the worst all-time disapproval average with Obama again coming in second.
-Right now, 47 percent want him removed from office. The majority believes he committed impeachable offenses.

Can we accurately predict what's going to happen in 2020? No. But based on the above, his reelection does not seem likely.

Trump is not a popular president. He never has been. Most of the America cannot stand him as president. His win was one of the rare anomalies in U.S. election history. He was not the will of the American people. And no, the polls aren't wrong.

So folks can stop peddling the myth, unless, of course, you want to provide some actual statistical data to dispute these numbers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You didn’t disprove anything

Dec 5, 2019, 3:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously?

Dec 5, 2019, 3:26 PM

62 million Trump voters out of 157.6 registered voters? And you think that's 49 percent?

Here. Take 62. Divide it by 157.6. You get .39. Multiply that by 100. You get 39 percent.

Where exactly did you learn math?

And his approval numbers are a very clear 41.6 average. Again, THE LOWEST IN HISTORY.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Divide 62 by 127 which is the number that actually voted

Dec 5, 2019, 3:30 PM

And don’t come back and say

Dec 5, 2019, 3:31 PM

Did the majority of America want Trump? Yes or no?

Dec 5, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Divide 62 by 127 which is the number that actually voted ]

Doesn't matter how you try to spin it. The majority didn't want him and still doesn't want him.

Haha you lost the argument so now you go back

Dec 5, 2019, 3:41 PM

TD all you want spineless losers that don’t

Dec 5, 2019, 4:06 PM

Re: TD all you want spineless losers that don’t

Dec 5, 2019, 4:30 PM

Uh hmmmm...Ipsos/Abc poll found 70% of Americans think what Trump did in Ukraine was wrong. Here's the breakout. 51% vs 44% want him removed from office.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 4:38 PM

All four of the const. experts at the inquiry would disagree

Dec 5, 2019, 4:48 PM

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/12/impeachment-hearing-what-legal-experts-agreed-upon/603094/

even the Republican called witness disagrees with your opinion:

“The use of military aid for a quid pro quo to investigate one’s political opponent, if proven, can be an impeachable offense.”

Investigating corruption that happened to involve a

Dec 5, 2019, 5:17 PM

Pretty spurious to say Biden isn't a political opponent.***

Dec 5, 2019, 5:36 PM

Trump will run against the Democrat nominee

Dec 5, 2019, 5:46 PM

"He is taking himself out of contention"

Dec 5, 2019, 6:00 PM

acknowledges that he's in contention which makes him a political opponent by your own logic.

That isn't any such thing by my own logic

Dec 5, 2019, 6:05 PM

not sure you'd find anyone else that agrees w/that***

Dec 5, 2019, 6:27 PM

Best to ignore this moron. He won’t quit responding, no

Dec 5, 2019, 6:30 PM

matter how stupid his argument. If you polled 1,000 people, either all Dems, all Pubs, or mixed, and asked them “is Biden a political opponent of Trump,” 999 of them would say yes except for this idiot.

I know, but it's weirdly fun to keep him going***

Dec 5, 2019, 6:32 PM

LOL Clemsongrad

Dec 5, 2019, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Best to ignore this moron. He won’t quit responding, no ]

Re: LOL Clemsongrad

Dec 6, 2019, 7:14 AM

You do seem pretty dumb to be honest. Maybe it's just this topic. At least you try though. There is something to be said for that. As long as you try, that's all counts.

Carlsbad I’m not dumb just because you

Dec 6, 2019, 10:14 AM

Oh, you don't "start this garbage"?

Dec 6, 2019, 2:40 PM

And "Also, when people lose arguments and resort to calling names is dumb"? Is that right?

Enjoy.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Divide-62-by-127-which-is-the-number-that-actually-voted-26460206

For someone with a college degree, because

Dec 6, 2019, 2:44 PM

Re: For someone with a college degree, because

Dec 6, 2019, 2:56 PM

You are classic Trumpie. Spout off a bunch of insults, false claims, and ###### stats. Then when called on it, you play the victim and kick the chess board over while declaring victory.

You and orangecoloredglasses should hang out.

Wait... are you orangecoloredglasses?

I’m still waiting after two days for you to tell me

Dec 6, 2019, 3:05 PM

Re: I’m still waiting after two days for you to tell me

Dec 6, 2019, 3:30 PM

Nah man, I'm one of those Libertarian Gen Xers fed up with people dumb enough to worship a political party or president.

But since we're talking reading comprehension, I said most Americans can't stand Trump as president, and I provided statistical data to prove it. What are you not understanding about those approval numbers I posted?

So you’re one of those people that religiously

Dec 6, 2019, 3:39 PM

You might be the dumbest

Dec 6, 2019, 8:09 PM

goddamned person on TigerNet. Congrats.

I think your last 2 posts just proved that isn't true

Dec 6, 2019, 8:19 PM

Re: So you’re one of those people that religiously

Dec 7, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to So you’re one of those people that religiously ]

You see how ####### long it took for you to admit I was correct?

Dude, you can continue to be delusional if you want

Dec 7, 2019, 12:01 PM

Does it matter what Biden is doing today? More importantly,

Dec 6, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Trump will run against the Democrat nominee ]

where was Biden polling around the time of the May 25th call? Here, I'll help:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it actually does matter

Dec 6, 2019, 9:56 AM

Lol. Intentionally obtuse. It's tough to defend, isn't it?***

Dec 6, 2019, 12:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just did

Dec 6, 2019, 12:13 PM

Christalmighty, this isn't hard.

Dec 6, 2019, 1:39 PM

Look at the graph I posted. In May of this year, Biden took a commanding lead in the Democratic nominee polls. In May of this year, Trump requested an investigation SPECIFICALLY into the Bidens, and requested SPECIFICALLY that the investigation be announced publicly.

What happens after that point, including Biden's chances of gaining the nomination, are irrelevant. You know this.

Yes it isn’t hard at all to see that he was the

Dec 6, 2019, 2:48 PM

It would still matter if Bama tried to sabotage Clemson

Dec 6, 2019, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Yes it actually does matter ]

what a ridiculous argument to try and make.

Dec 5, 2019, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TD all you want spineless losers that don’t ]

I suspect your tolerance for violating the oath of office and asking a foreign govt. to interfere in our elections would not be so generous were the president a liberal democrat.

You simply choose fealty for a man over your country. Proving, once again, that conservatives historic 'love of country', when the rubber hits the road, was all bunk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 5:43 PM

That investigation was started by a Republican. Just FYI

Dec 5, 2019, 6:42 PM

Hillary and the Dems just continued it

Wait, did you participate in that poll?

Dec 5, 2019, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TD all you want spineless losers that don’t ]

I didn't get an invite. So, who did? Or are the numbers based on the "readings" conducted by men who stare at goats?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Wait, did you participate in that poll?

Dec 6, 2019, 10:29 AM

Ah, the old "I wasn't polled so it must not be real" argument.

Who was polled from what database and what were the exact

Dec 7, 2019, 8:36 AM

questions answered... I'm not partial to either side of this debate but I did door-to-door polling for Gallup one summer ~45 years ago and even then I noted the subtle specifics/nuances of methodology that can be present in any given poll. The 'who, what, when, where and how' can have a profound effect/affect on the eventual outcome. Margin of error (usually stated in the 3-5% range) can be dramatically underestimated for the above reasons...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, what an embarrassing string of posts by you.

Dec 6, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to TD all you want spineless losers that don’t ]

You're definitely not going to handle 2020 very well.

LOL Catahoula you were dumb enough to start

Dec 6, 2019, 10:00 AM

Re: LOL Catahoula you were dumb enough to start

Dec 6, 2019, 10:21 AM

You don't know how to work percentages or use commas. I'm not really worried about matching wits with you. But boy, what an embarrassing display you had. Worried about thumbs down and bragging about your degrees. On the Internet.

Maybe time for some self reflection.

Everyone here has degrees, bruh.

I don't know how to work percentages yet

Dec 6, 2019, 12:21 PM

Re: I don't know how to work percentages yet

Dec 6, 2019, 2:15 PM

And no I don't care about TD's as I don't live my life on Tigernet as apparently some of you do with tens of thousands of posts...especially on a P&R board complaining about Trump.

Yeah, you do. You were whining about it. Still whining about it.

Nope wrong again

Dec 6, 2019, 2:40 PM

Re: Nope wrong again

Dec 6, 2019, 2:42 PM

Of course it wasn't me. Absolutely obliterating someone for their ridiculous post is far more enjoyable than a TD.

Ok keep thinking that

Dec 6, 2019, 2:57 PM

We are a republic to prevent tyranny of the majority

Dec 5, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Did the majority of America want Trump? Yes or no? ]

Hence our Senate, AND our electoral college.

But we are so much more progressive today no one even knows that, or what they mean, or who said it, or in what written work, or anything. So whatever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are a republic to prevent tyranny of the majority

Dec 5, 2019, 8:51 PM

The Senate and EC were devised so low-population slave states wouldn't be drowned out by populous free states in the North. Now the EC (and to some extent the Senate) allows a minority of the voting population to hold the majority hostage.

It's time to do away with the out-dated Electoral College.

You guys are such massive hypocrites

Dec 5, 2019, 9:49 PM

I'm not disputing the system.

Dec 6, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to We are a republic to prevent tyranny of the majority ]

I'm disputing the complete false claim that America loved/loves Trump and that he was some sort of will of the people kind of thing.

He is one of the rare anomalies where the majority didn't elect him. He won fair and square, but most of America didn't want him and wants him out.

It's unlikely he wins the same way again.

Re: Divide 62 by 127 which is the number that actually voted

Dec 6, 2019, 2:43 AM [ in reply to Divide 62 by 127 which is the number that actually voted ]

You're wrong. When it comes to voters, you have to count all registered voters simply because some people who are registered won't go vote based on the choices they have. But they could have. They abstaining is important and can swing the vote one way or another. There is a reason turnout matters.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2019, 10:21 AM

Dec 6, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Divide 62 by 127 which is the number that actually voted ]

Dec 6, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Divide 62 by 127 which is the number that actually voted ]

Don't waste your time. This guy doesn't even know what "most" or "majority" means.

Dec 6, 2019, 10:33 AM

You sad little guy.

Dec 6, 2019, 2:39 PM

You indeed said half. But now you're harping on 49 percent.

Here's where you're really showing your ignorance. Trump didn't get 49 percent of the vote. Because, and try to wrap your little head around this, not everyone who voted cast a vote for Trump or Hillary.

Over six percent of voters in 2016 went third party. Trump landed 46.1 percent of the vote. And when we're talking the grand scale in America, that's not anywhere near half.

It's still irrelevant. When discussing whether or not America's voters wanted Trump, you count all registered voters. If the guys who stayed home wanted Trump, their ##### would have gone to the polls and voted Trump. They stayed home because Trump and Hillary were garbage candidates.

Divide 62 by 127 which is the number that actually voted

Dec 5, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Seriously? ]

Why is his approval rating so low?

Dec 5, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Seriously? ]

I don't keep up with politics, but the economy and jobs are thriving. Maybe the most peace we've had in the world for 1000 years or so. I get that he's an a-hole, but I don't know, that seems low on the totem pole.

Because he ran as a Republican and he says things from

Dec 5, 2019, 5:22 PM

Re: Why is his approval rating so low?

Dec 5, 2019, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Why is his approval rating so low? ]

Caddie said:

I don't keep up with politics, but the economy and jobs are thriving. Maybe the most peace we've had in the world for 1000 years or so. I get that he's an a-hole, but I don't know, that seems low on the totem pole.

The counter-arguments are that the economy is thriving because 1) Trump inherited an economy that was already strong from Obama, and 2) he basically applied a "sugar rush" to it with a boatload of extreme deficit spending - borrowing money, basically - and by applying a non-repeatable tax-break for the ultra-wealthy that was supposed to have more effect than it actually did. The beneficiaries of the cut were SUPPOSED to invest and raise wages (they didn't!), what they did instead was mostly to buy back stock...making the rich even richer.

That $22-trillion debt we owe - which has ballooned under Trump - is scary and getting scarier, and scarier still are some red-flag indicators that the economy is poised for a major recession. The other big problem is that because of Trump's sugar-rush economics we're in vastly worse conditions to deal with a recession than we were even in 2008.

As for peace, you can achieve peace for awhile by running from fights. The problem is, the world's bad actors tend to perceive that as weakness, too, and that can get you bigger fights up the road, and in a time and place of their choosing, not yours. North Korea and Iran have both been bold lately...and seem to be getting bolder. And China and Russia are both arming heavily...especially China. Their cyber-capabilities and growing missile arsenal are a significant concern for Western military observers. It's also a major concern that at the same time, Trump seems to be kicking over our traditional military alliances with NATO and South Korea.

Those would be the concerns. All of Trump's actions appear utterly short-term-oriented.

Dec 5, 2019, 6:57 PM

Dec 6, 2019, 2:47 AM [ in reply to Why is his approval rating so low? ]

You do realize that policy effects lag. Trump inherited a thriving economy from Obama. The effects of trumps tax cuts and trade war won't really start to hit home for a few more years. Surely you remember how well Bush's tax cuts helped the economy.... Right into a recession.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah so the stock market decided to recognize

Dec 6, 2019, 10:08 AM

Re: Yeah so the stock market decided to recognize

Dec 6, 2019, 6:04 PM

Dude you're so dumb. It's so entertaining. I am emebarrassed for you, but can't look away.

So explain to me how I'm wrong

Dec 6, 2019, 6:16 PM

Here, maybe this will help

Dec 6, 2019, 6:34 PM

Re: So explain to me how I'm wrong

Dec 6, 2019, 6:48 PM [ in reply to So explain to me how I'm wrong ]

Adorable. You tried to be witty. Haha...
.so dumb. It's great. You're the dumbest dude that posts here. Thanks for entertaining everyone. Loving it.

You're not even witty Carlsbad

Dec 6, 2019, 6:53 PM

Re: You're not even witty Carlsbad

Dec 6, 2019, 7:00 PM

There is nothing to refute or talk about. You're dumber than dirt. It's what everyone thinks here. It's a consensus and transcends party lines. You're just dumb, but that's cool. You are welcome here. Feel free to hangout. It's all good fella.

smh there you go again

Dec 6, 2019, 7:42 PM

Re: smh there you go again

Dec 7, 2019, 1:58 AM

Feel free to comment at will. We tolerate you. You're still viewed as dumber than dirt and it's a consensus.

lol you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word

Dec 7, 2019, 2:15 AM

Re: The myth of the president American wanted/still wants

Dec 6, 2019, 8:33 AM

This is just sad. Classic low-information voter.

One of my favorite things about Trumpies...

Dec 6, 2019, 8:46 AM

You can present hard, concrete data to them, and they'll just stick their fingers in their ears and refuse to hear it.

I have a friend who is one, and he tried to tell me that unemployment was not on the decline until Trump. I had to pull up the graphs and data on my phone from the Bureau of Labor to show him he was wrong. After I did, he wouldn't admit it. Just shrugged and changed the subject.

Y'all are amazing.

Says the Russian

Dec 6, 2019, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The myth of the president American wanted/still wants ]

troll faggot.

Re: The myth of the president American wanted/still wants

Dec 6, 2019, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: The myth of the president American wanted/still wants ]

MemphisCat said:

Classic low-information voter.

This is odd to me. Isn't that your target audience?

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic