Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wayne Gallman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,605

Wayne Gallman

May 3, 2013, 7:23 AM

This kid is really working hard to get ready for the season. A 4.38 40 is impressive, if true, and although I don't know much about weights, a 325 bench press seems like a lot for his size. I think a lot of us, including me, have assumed that Dye might have the best chance to play early, but Gallman is certainly doing everything he can to be ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wayne Gallman

May 3, 2013, 7:33 AM

Sorry but I have watched his and the carter kids film over and over and there is nothing there that leads me to believe either of these too will be nothing but role players at clemson. Really think dab o got talked into taking them by his old college buddy. IMO we missed out on the Means kid that went to NC State and would have loved another RB in this Class

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2013, 9:14 AM

That's interesting. I don't see "superstar" in his future, but the kid was a 2-way starter, and a stand out, against top competition. Look, if a kid can come in and give you a solid #2 by his RS Soph year...I consider that a recruiting hit (as opposed to a miss). Many think he's better at LB, though.

No way man

May 3, 2013, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Wayne Gallman ]

Both of them have a lot of potential. The film doesn't do either justice because Gallman played both ways on a team stacked with talent and Dye was hurt most of his senior year.

I think both will develop into very good players

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the scheme at Grayson didn't help Gallman out.

May 3, 2013, 12:00 PM

Gallman seems more like a downhill back. But the Wing T Offense or whatever its call has a ton of lateral running.

You don't "think". Ba, ba, ba, ba, .......***

May 3, 2013, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Wayne Gallman ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excited 2 have Gallman on board! He will make presence known***

May 3, 2013, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Wayne Gallman ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4.38 is exceptional but I doubt that is accurate, however

May 3, 2013, 7:38 AM

that doesn't mean he is slow by any means. I am 55 years old and still bench over 300 lbs, but not as much as I did years ago. Wayne has the opportunity to be special and he is working hard I am sure but his biggest gains in strength and quickness will be after he enrolls!! Speed is God given not gained as well get older or in better shape.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speed not being able to be gained is false.

May 3, 2013, 9:17 AM

You sound like an experienced weightlifter but you don't appear to know much about speed and agility training. I my dad owns a business built around these aspects of being an athlete. I have seen high school kids take almost a full second off of their 40 time during a school year. Speed can certainly be gained.

Re: Speed not being able to be gained is false.

May 3, 2013, 12:07 PM

> You sound like an experienced weightlifter but you
> don't appear to know much about speed and agility
> training. I my dad owns a business built around these
> aspects of being an athlete. I have seen high school
> kids take almost a full second off of their 40 time
> during a school year. Speed can certainly be gained.

I have been both an athlete,IE football, baseball and basketball player, but Baseball at the college level. Speed can't be gained, what is done is you teach one the proper way to run in a timed environment. You get them in the best shape possible, adjust their stance, start and body motion. I'agree with you to a point but speed is God given not man made!!

So wait. No one is ever any faster than their natural speed

May 3, 2013, 12:10 PM

that their born with?

as one gets older IE into their teens and 20's

May 3, 2013, 1:23 PM

their speed accelerates in proportion to their normal god given abilities. They can get quicker, they can improve their starts and running technique, but your either fast or your not! If their was a magical way to make your self faster many more athletes would run 4.4's than they do. the old axiom speed kills is the truth, and that's why coaches travel far and wide over this country looking for speedy athletes. They don't just make them faster, you are born with it.

So are you saying Wayne's not fast? I don't see your point

May 3, 2013, 1:28 PM

Even if the 4.38 is hand timed, it could be in the 4.45 range. Which is still fast, and according to you he can work on his technique and and starts so shave a little more off... or "gain a little speed"

no, 4.38 is real fast, I was stating that he could get quick

May 3, 2013, 2:14 PM

> Even if the 4.38 is hand timed, it could be in the
> 4.45 range. Which is still fast, and according to you
> he can work on his technique and and starts so shave
> a little more off... or "gain a little speed"

Which could take tenths off his time but he is not really gaining speed, just using what the Lord gave him to get a better results. Mainly we are talking semantics, but reducing wind resistance(technique) will reduce your time.

Your general statement is mostly true but

May 3, 2013, 1:47 PM [ in reply to as one gets older IE into their teens and 20's ]

you are missing that fact that while everyone can't run a 4.4, everyone can get faster than their natural ability. Science has proven this. Coaches go recruit players who run a 4.4 because they can improve to a 4.3 more easily than a player who runs a 4.6.
You have a very old school idea on this topic.

Re: Your general statement is mostly true but

May 3, 2013, 2:17 PM

> you are missing that fact that while everyone can't
> run a 4.4, everyone can get faster than their natural
> ability. Science has proven this. Coaches go recruit
> players who run a 4.4 because they can improve to a
> 4.3 more easily than a player who runs a 4.6.
> You have a very old school idea on this topic.

Nah, you just read to many of them gosh darn books!! LOL! To quote a great character(Foghorn Leghorn) I bet you don't know who that is!!

Any way I have coached football and track for many a year and one thing I have learned and I've been to many clinics and conversed with very knowledgeable people, getting a better time really doesn't mean you are faster, it simply means one's technique is getting better.

I do know who Foghorn Leghorn is... I say I say I say sir

May 3, 2013, 2:27 PM

what you are missing is the ability to train muscles. Increasing explosion and fast twitch muscle fibers does actually increase speed. Increasing flexibility can also increase speed.

Many people still believe exactly what you are saying so I do not question that many people have told you that.

The problem is many people just continue to accept things they were told instead of trying to learn more about them to improve their athletes.

The fact is that whether you get stronger, or more flexible, or improve form, or lose weight if you get from point A to point B in less time than you did before then you are faster than your natural ability. Naturally you did something wrong and you fixed it.

Re: I do know who Foghorn Leghorn is... I say I say I say sir

May 3, 2013, 2:33 PM

OK

Rocky disagrees

May 3, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Speed not being able to be gained is false. ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ZkY7tnpRs

You have been quite the athlete

May 3, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Speed not being able to be gained is false. ]

I too have played all of those sports and baseball in college. I also have a degree in exercise science, or how the body moves and works. You just explained multiple ways to improve your speed: stance, start, form, and body motion. I am not sure why you don't count those. What you forgot is that speed can be improved by how you train your muscles. This is the reason baseball coaches are going for less 5 mile runs and are now doing much more explosive work with their players. You are slow twitch muscle fibers in your body and fast twitch muscle fibers in your body. Based on how you train there is a certain amount of those muscle fibers that can be converted. This change in muscle fiber allows you to gain speed if you train correctly. If you can increase your max on squat and power clean and you can increase your vertical jump then you can increase your speed. It's the same muscles doing all of these actions. When those muscles are trained correctly, they improve in function.

May 3, 2013, 8:09 AM

A running back is no better than the holes he runs through. A good OL can make an average back special!

Re:Absolutely.***

May 3, 2013, 11:21 AM

gallman looks much more comfortable, aggressive, and

May 3, 2013, 11:58 AM

instinctive at LB...IMO

He squats

May 3, 2013, 12:10 PM

Over 500 thats is very impressive for a kid that weights 200ish and its not like hes 5'5 he has good height.

May 3, 2013, 1:30 PM

Unless Dye's injury recovery makes him LESS productive, I don't see anyone really preventing Dye from becoming our #1 back in a couple of years. I expect him to get some serious PT before the season ends. Not sure about Gallman. I still think nkimdeche played us - and will not be forgiven by many TIGER fans.

May 3, 2013, 9:03 PM

babaganoush has left the building

Wow,,,,,2320 readers of this post! That's a lot of Gall,,,,

May 4, 2013, 10:43 AM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,605
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic