Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole Stoudt today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Cole Stoudt today

Aug 9, 2014, 1:33 PM

RB C.J. Davidson told us after the scrimmage today that Cole Stoudt got banged up and had to leave, and that Deshaun Watson took over for him. Now, I was there when the scrimmage ended and saw Cole walk off the field with his dad, but they went straight to the locker room and Cole didn't come out for interviews, which is a little strange for the starting QB.

We talked to Chad Morris following the scrimmage, and he said to his knowledge Cole was fine but then added "but I wouldn't know. We just needed to get Deshaun in there."

If we find out any more we will let you know. Hopefully nothing serious.

Message was edited by: davidhood®

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holding my breath.

Aug 9, 2014, 1:35 PM

Hope Cole is okay. We need them both healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Fingers Crossed***

Aug 9, 2014, 1:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just texted his dad......

Aug 9, 2014, 1:39 PM

Cliff texted me back and said, "He's fine." Probably something minor, but just wanted to make everybody aware. Hopefully he's ready to go next week

Our prayers are with him***

Aug 9, 2014, 1:45 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole Stoudt today

Aug 9, 2014, 1:53 PM

how did watson look when he was in?

TIA.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson today

Aug 9, 2014, 1:55 PM

We in the media aren't allowed to watch the scrimmages because we might actually learn something..lol. However, Chad Morris said that Watson did fairly well. Didn't sound he blew anybody out of the water.

Re: Watson today

Aug 9, 2014, 2:17 PM

Was there today, and agree with Dabo's interview. Cole looked awesome and DeShawn looked ok.

Aug 9, 2014, 2:19 PM

Status quo..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's how it should be

Aug 9, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson today ]

Between a senior QB and a freshman QB. I know we are all hoping Watson does great but there's no way he's not going to go through some growing pains.

Aug 9, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson today ]

I don't care how much of a scrimmage it was. If Cole lead the offense down the field on a scoring against the 1st string defense without Battle and having Kalon vs Beasley going on at LT, that is pretty freaking impressive.

Dabo said Deshaun did well...

Aug 9, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole Stoudt today ]

And did an excellent job finishing with the 1st team offense.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo said Deshaun did well...

Aug 9, 2014, 5:00 PM

I was there, the media wasn't. Yes Dabo said he did well with the ones after they sat Cole for last two series. The last two series were short yardage and goal line. DeShawn did nothing but hand off.

On Cole's 1st TD pass one of our D-linemen rolled up his leg. He continued to play until goal line & short yardage period I mentioned above.

Deshaun threw 2 TDs... you left that part out.***

Aug 9, 2014, 7:45 PM

i think he was referring only to his time with the ones at

Aug 9, 2014, 7:46 PM

the end of practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well looky who's a donor now!

Aug 9, 2014, 7:55 PM

Just in time for the famous Donor Pick'em I see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

haha, bmeist isn't a soulless ginger, it's the only reason..

Aug 9, 2014, 7:59 PM

well, that, tnet recruiting, david & nikkisteele.

"soulless ginger"...ain't that a little redundant?***

Aug 9, 2014, 8:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk, i've "dated" a redhead, she had a ton of soul...

Aug 9, 2014, 8:05 PM

;)

Re: idk, i've "dated" a redhead, she had a ton of soul...

Aug 9, 2014, 8:06 PM

Pigs of sisters?***

Aug 9, 2014, 8:07 PM [ in reply to idk, i've "dated" a redhead, she had a ton of soul... ]

no. well, give me a sec...

Aug 9, 2014, 8:08 PM

still no.

Aug 9, 2014, 5:37 PM

I have been impressed with COle for 2-3 years now. I have not seen anything that has made me change my mind yet. The ONLY thing I worry about is the passes to the sidelines and a laser pass is needed. His accuracy is uncanny - I just worry about the speed in certain situations. I just wish we could have seen more of him in previous years.

Aug 9, 2014, 7:22 PM

I've watched a lot of Cole and payed close attention in warm up every chance I get, including today. I do not get the concern about his arm,?!?!

There is no concern about De Shawn's arm and he is not close to Cole. He motion is effortless unlike CK who everyone was so impressed with his arm. He put everything into every throw. Cole is incredibly accurate but throws a catchable ball. In other words, he seems to throw it as hard as he needs to. There is plenty left. I've felt for 3 yrs he had the strongest arm on the team......including Tajh. Watch him closely. DO NOT pay attention to HS stats. Everyone with great stats is considered to have a "laser" arm.

Cole has a gun. What's mis-leading is his smooth delivery. He can throw any pass as hard as he needs to. There is no need to worry about that.

Watson has a stronger arm than Stoudt...

Aug 9, 2014, 7:57 PM

From www.newsobserver.com on 8\01\2014:

The starting job wasn't handed to Stoudt as the next in line, Swinney said.

"He has a sense of urgency to be the guy," the coach said.

That was apparent in workouts when Stoudt couldn't match the rocket arm of Watson on a cock-the-shoulder-and-fire drill.

Re: Watson has a stronger arm than Stoudt...

Aug 9, 2014, 8:03 PM

that has nothing to do with arm strenght. it a drill to work on catching the ball, getting your grip, and getting the ball off on a quick throw. Watson if you read the comment won two out of three.... on that day!

#### and release is a drill for QBs to work on exactly that... #### and release... not a test of arm strength.

Agree to disagree...

Aug 9, 2014, 8:11 PM

From what I've seen, Kelly had the strongest arm. Deshaun was 2nd and Cole was 3rd.

Thanks for the update

Aug 9, 2014, 8:24 PM

Great getting these updates!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic