Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,610

Watson

Jan 14, 2014, 11:22 PM

I may be off base here, but looking at his HS numbers, I think he is the kind of kid that you give every chance to start as a fresh, he is easily the most talented QB on the roster, maybe blend him in with Stoudt some, but my humble opinion is that Watson is an upgrade to The other QB's, Kelly included, and I only say that because Watson is so talented, his HS numbers are beyond sick, they are out of this world. If he gets a RS year, that may be one less year he plays at Clemson. Same thing happened at UGA with Stafford, you RS these phenols at your own risk, it may mean one less year they play for your colors. Coaches will need to be smart here. Even if RS year is given to Watson, he would then be expected to be a star for the next two years, meaning he will play two years, not three. This kid is Winston on steroids, would hate if he only saw the field for two years. Not dissing Kelly, but Stoudt is the better option to share time next year with Watson if he is going to play, tough choices ahead.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope..imo it's 1 yr with Stoudt & Kelly a lot...& rs Watson

Jan 14, 2014, 11:26 PM

Then the next year it's Kelly vs Watson for job..and probably Kelly as back-up, which is a waste to imo.

GoTiGS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope..imo it's 1 yr with Stoudt & Kelly a lot...& rs Watson

Jan 15, 2014, 7:42 AM

I agree. I this year it'll be basically all Stoudt, with Watson RSing. Kelly is a fantastic talent, but I think Watson will be better than him com 2015, so I think we could see Kelly transfer to another school. He's too good not to be on the field, but Clemson is in the rare position of having three high-quality QBs.

Re: Re: Nope..imo it's 1 yr with Stoudt & Kelly a lot...& rs Watson

Jan 15, 2014, 7:47 AM

So you are saying that they will run Kelly off?

Re: Re: Nope..imo it's 1 yr with Stoudt & Kelly a lot...& rs Watson

Jan 15, 2014, 8:01 AM

I'm saying it'll be the choice of Kelly. Obviously the coaches would love to have him on the roster, but he was a 4-star prospect. He didn't come to school to stand on the bench. I think if things aren't looking good going into his junior year when it'll be him vs Watson for the competing job, he'll apply for a transfer to another school.

Then we need to recruit another QB in case this happens***

Jan 15, 2014, 9:41 AM

We are. We have a QB target for 2015***

Jan 15, 2014, 10:17 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I agree with this. I don't think Kelly stays if he is

Jan 15, 2014, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Nope..imo it's 1 yr with Stoudt & Kelly a lot...& rs Watson ]

beaten out by Watson. Kelly is a talent with an ego, Stoudt has the pedigree and talent without the ego. Watson is a baller with a great head on his shoulders.

What a great problem to have. I like it much better than our RB situation. I still say that Dye does not ever see the field for Clemson and I am not convinced on Gallman.

Oh boy. Folks around here won't like that.

Jan 14, 2014, 11:50 PM

Given the way some talk, Cole is the next Rodney and C.K. has Olympic speed.

Personally I think quality and depth is A GREAT problem to have. And fortunately we have it at QB, RB, and DL.

Regarding Watson, it's wonderful to have him aboard. I'm stoked about his potential. If he is the best QB on campus then let the man start. We'll know more after the Spring but what a great problem to have; it's not Who will lead the team?! But which one of these gents will guide us into another fantastic season. Because if DW had gone elsewhere, you'd see A TON of doom and gloom around here. Well more than usual atleast.

I certainly like to think he could start right away. Spring

Jan 15, 2014, 7:50 AM

Game will be a lot of fun this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson

Jan 15, 2014, 8:33 AM

How about letting the best guy play???

Watson needs a year and half of S&C .. his legs are like

Jan 15, 2014, 8:48 AM

toothpicks .. he will redshirt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something, something Batson***

Jan 15, 2014, 9:45 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A coach's job is to put people into a position to win.***

Jan 15, 2014, 9:06 AM

and when it comes to qb's they

Jan 15, 2014, 9:38 AM

Are always wrong...amirite?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Watson

Jan 15, 2014, 10:15 AM

I met him at the spring game last year and he is a very well spoken young man and very respectful. He will do wonders as our QB! May the best guy win the position this year and Go Tigers!

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,610
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic