Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Water Pressure Questions, SRS Replies ONLY!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Water Pressure Questions, SRS Replies ONLY!!!!!

Nov 21, 2013, 9:36 AM

So, we live out away from civilization (York Co. methheads, etc...) and have a well for our water. Recently we started losing water pressure in the house and outside. The water pump is probably as old as the house (+/- 20 yrs). The tank and switch under the house were replaced about 3-4 years ago. Any thoughts as to what is the problem? Also, I don't think it is AnalAIDS or AIDS in general.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As we age, we all deal with pressure issues.

Nov 21, 2013, 9:37 AM

Try some Saw Palmetto.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this was touched on yesterday. I can still pee across the

Nov 21, 2013, 9:38 AM

van, but I will keep that in mind later.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is that you

Nov 21, 2013, 10:30 AM

dave?

Dang. Wish I had checked yours first.***

Nov 21, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to As we age, we all deal with pressure issues. ]

you rule out AnalAIDS -OR- normal AIDS....

Nov 21, 2013, 9:38 AM

COULD it be both???? don't wanna overlook anything.

Re: What type pump

Nov 21, 2013, 9:40 AM

submersible or jet pump? How deep is well? How old? Checked piping for leaks? Is pressure tank waterlogged, pump cutting on/off continuously when valve open?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:20 yrs. is close to the life of some wells

Nov 21, 2013, 9:42 AM

pumps are doing real good to get that much.

submersible and less than 100'. Probably 20 yrs old.

Nov 21, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: What type pump ]

I have not had a chance to check for leaks. The last pressure tank was waterlogged and replaced about 3 years ago. That's all I got.

Re: submersible and less than 100'. Probably 20 yrs old.

Nov 21, 2013, 9:49 AM

I can give you a local # that will help find a good well person in your area. It really needs an experienced person to evaluate the problem onsite.

Call local DHEC office in Lancaster. 803 285-7461 and ask for Water Program person or someone that can advise on well problems. They may have someone on staff that can recommend several good local talents. Ask for Steven Moseley if he is in.

One of my friend's families runs a well drilling company and

Nov 21, 2013, 9:54 AM

I will call them most likely. I was hoping there was some simple solution like kill power to pump, wait 10 minutes, and cut it back on (not saying I have or haven't tried that). THANKS for the help though.

like fishkrzy says, you need to get a professional to look

Nov 21, 2013, 10:08 AM

at this because it sounds like you have an issue with either the pump or well below ground. it could be the pump itself or the suction side of the well casing. if the pump is ok you could have a leak between the pump and the surface.

So I'm looking at a repair for somewhere between $250 and

Nov 21, 2013, 10:09 AM

$5,000?

yes, the downside of submersible pumps is that you have

Nov 21, 2013, 10:24 AM

to pull them out to work on them. it is usually more cost effective to drill a new well.

lulz. I've pulled the well twice myself by hand. Fix a

Nov 21, 2013, 10:25 AM

broken cable.

Re: You're nearly an expert!

Nov 21, 2013, 10:48 AM

If you can pull it by hand it must not be too deep. We too deep?

You pull the pump yosef and carry it to be tested = cheaper by far.

my thoughts, if it is the pump, is to buy a cheap one at

Nov 21, 2013, 10:54 AM

Northern Tool and Supply & have somejuan install it for me. Is this terrible? Not that thatreally matters, I am a terrible person.

Re: my thoughts, if it is the pump, is to buy a cheap one at

Nov 21, 2013, 11:40 AM

A well that shallow could be going dry. Would be good to do a drawdown test to see how fast it can recover to static water level. Has it ever pumped sand in the water? That's generally a lowcountry type problem. Someone familiar with wells in your area can help...a lot.

If you can pull the well, hooking up the wiring and drop cable might be something you could do. 1/4 to 1/2 hp pump for a four inch well sounds like it may be all you need. Don't forget to give it a good slug of regular clorox, not lemon scented, when finished to kilt the bacteria that will be introduced when opening a well and pulling a pump,etc.

Things that work with 'smart controls' can sometimes be

Nov 21, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to One of my friend's families runs a well drilling company and ]

fixed with a power reboot, but well pump pressure controls are almost always a good ol' Square D differential pressure switch, and expansion tank, and that's it. If the expansion tank and switch are OK, then the pump may be running continuously, and never getting up to pressure. You should get it checked soon, because they don't give that electricity away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Probably just need to go ahead and have a

Nov 21, 2013, 9:42 AM

new well dug. For SRS. My dad's well probably wasn't much older than yours when it started to crap out on him. Drought years probably didn't help. He was stubborn and fought the problem for a while. He'd either have to go turn the pump on or off manually a few times a day. Couldn't wash dishes and laundry at the same time. New well fixed all that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I'm putting this house on the market in December...not

Nov 21, 2013, 9:43 AM

spending thousands on a new well. Might have to limp through this until we are gone and hope it sells.

That may be one of the things you talk to a Realtor about

Nov 21, 2013, 9:46 AM

and maybe the appraiser. I'd worry the buy inspection would show you have an issue there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sell during the rainy season***

Nov 21, 2013, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm putting this house on the market in December...not ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound fat****

Nov 21, 2013, 9:44 AM

mehbe it's Fat AIDS***

Nov 21, 2013, 9:45 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you tried Saw Palmetto?

Nov 21, 2013, 9:47 AM

Other than that you could have TXTF plumb your prostate for you.

Re: Water Pressure Questions, SRS Replies ONLY!!!!!

Nov 21, 2013, 10:34 AM

Check the lint filter.

The water table in York has dropped below the well depth.

Nov 21, 2013, 10:34 AM

You'll need to move to a new town, or learn to live in the desert.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live in Rock Hill, brah. Reppin the 29732***

Nov 21, 2013, 10:35 AM

Re: I live in Rock Hill, brah. Reppin the 29732***

Nov 21, 2013, 10:43 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a link that will help you.

Nov 21, 2013, 12:36 PM

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/prostate_ez/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic