Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching the Maryland replay...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Watching the Maryland replay...

Oct 29, 2013, 8:08 PM

The middle of our OL looks terrible. An awful defense getting in our backfield time after time... no power running game. How is it that we are so thin at OL? I know we've had some injuries... But ###. Kicking field goal after field goal against this lousy team is pathetic. OL has to get better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching the Maryland replay...

Oct 29, 2013, 8:14 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good to see old flying tiger back in form.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respond to my points...

Oct 29, 2013, 8:21 PM

Say something... ANYTHING substantive. Do you disagree?

You have nothing to say because you are a mental midget.

Re: Respond to my points...

Oct 29, 2013, 8:24 PM

Deroberts is - by a longshot - the most useless poster here. He will never address anything you say. He would rather provide a snide, bitter response than to engage in conversation.

The things you pointed out - which are very apparent on videotape - don't exist in his mind.

He represents a caricature of the old, angry Tigernet poster - he's not having any of your "critiques" or "analysis" or "watching things that are going on right in front of you."

Nuh uh. He is what all we Clemson Tigers should strive to be. Of course, yall apparently have a history and you know this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Respond to my points...

Oct 30, 2013, 7:48 AM

kind of sad when we have gotten to the point where we ##### at 98 plays, 550 yards, 250 rushing and 40 points on the road at a place we have always had trouble at. against a team giving up 125 per game rushing. maybe i dont reply at times because the posts are so worthless and warrant nothing more than a good belly laugh.

How about 40 points?***

Oct 29, 2013, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Respond to my points... ]

Oct 29, 2013, 8:32 PM

Clemson had a 160 yard rusher and scored 40 points even after having to kick three field goals after getting inside the twenty.. Plus we turned the ball over three times inside our thirty and still had 500 yards of offense. If the OL was that bad none of this would have happened.

No we don't have a power running game because we don't have a power back... TB is our power back and he couldn't run he was hurt.... He is our offense inside the 20.......

Oct 29, 2013, 8:37 PM

We are spoiled. Go back and see what the 81 team did. Lots of field goals. Was it because we had a poor line, I think not. Our line ain't great but we can t win by 100 every week

Different team, different era of football. Lots of teams

Oct 30, 2013, 9:00 AM

played field position football back then and relied on their defense and kicking game.

Bama might be able to win games like that by leaning on their defense and kicking FGs, but not many other teams can. We certainly can't. Not against anyone good anyway.

In other news, water is wet.

Oct 29, 2013, 8:41 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Did you watch the same game?

Oct 29, 2013, 8:48 PM

Thank God for Sammy Watkins. Yes, our OL is that bad. Maryland's defense is terrible. Our OL has to get better. Boyd is a gutsy player and I admire him for playing through the pain. He deserves a real OL.

Oct 29, 2013, 9:51 PM

First down on the two and LOSE yardage on three consecutive plays. Each play because one or more OL got physically whipped at the point of attack! What will happen when we play a team with a REAL DL.

Don't see how poor OL play can continue year after year, game after game. Supposedly we have one of the best OL coaches in the game, and I believe that's true. So therefore, we ain't effin' recruiting good at those positions. Guys like Spencer "my gut's dragging the ground" Region and Oliver "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" Jones. How can they continue to miss on so many OL?

I don't think there is any question we suffer there

Oct 29, 2013, 9:59 PM

Starting back with the career ending injury of JK Jay. Everything that happens in any offense starts and ends right here..OLine.
The struggles have been there. Against UGa they were outstanding but for whatever reason regressed since.
It will take a groupr 8 deep to dedicate on nastiness and nonsubmission to have us be elite. It starts and ends right there,

Oct 30, 2013, 7:31 AM

Agree that the blocking has to be better by the OL but also blocking by the backs and WRs. Disagree that it is mainly the middle of the OL. On the 3rd and goal at the 5 early in the game, MD loaded (unbalanced) the right side of the OL and blitzed two. Boyd should have seen that and instead of sticking with the flareout pass to Seckinger to the left, he should have checked to a running play off left tackle. Would have scored. Instead, he got sacked.

On Rod McDowell's fumble, blocking was good except one. Darrell Smith was staring the MD corner in the face and turned right. If Smith gets that guy (who caused the fumble)(and that's an easy mismatch), McDowell has only the free safety to beat on that side of the field. Blocking was good otherwise.

On several plays, here are some general tendencies--Brandon Thomas at LT-good footwork, good strength, doesn't get beaten often, good mean factor; Beasley/Davis at LG-so so footwork, good strength, gets beaten frequently, poor mean factor; Norton at C-good footwork, OK strength/undersized, gets beaten occasionally, pretty good mean factor; Shatley-good footwork, good strength, gets beaten occasionally, good mean factor; Timothy at RT-poor footwork on pass blocking/OK on run blocking, gets beaten on pass blocking, good strength, needs more meanness. Anthony at RT is undersized for run blocking, good at pass blocking.

It seems that there is a lot of standing around watching the play finish. It seems that the boys could be a lot more aggressive on their blocking, not only with assignment but finishing the man off and perhaps going to a second defender (as long as the first guy is out of the play). Thomas Austin did that. It was gratifying to watch. The OL have a habit of stopping their blocking when they see a RB or WR in their peripheral vision approaching them. The play is not over. The defender can turn around and it only takes a split second of delay by the ball carrier and suddenly, the assigned defender turns around and makes the play. Frequently, it's the difference between a 3 yard gain and a 10 yard gain. Need more intensity on blocking. I am wondering how Jay Guillermo would do either at C or LG?? I am also wondering why Isiah Battle is not playing more??

The good news is that as the game progressed, schematic and personnel changes were made to allow us to be much more successful in the run game especially, but also the passing game. Just imagine if we didn't have the fumbles...

The running up the middle , over and over again , and not

Oct 30, 2013, 8:30 AM

getting anywhere reminded me of a classic line:

" The beatings will continue , until morale improves "

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic