Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching the '88 Clemson-scar game, and I have forgotten a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Watching the '88 Clemson-scar game, and I have forgotten a

May 15, 2020, 8:18 AM

LOT of things since those days:

I did not remember the little purple paws the players stuck on their helmets.

Had forgotten we gave the coots a LOT of tickets to the game, including the entire West Stands.

Band still on the home side.

Truck-driver hats

No replay

Lots of 21 personnel and some 22

Keith Jennings was BIG!

Women had some big hair and lots of perms

But staying the same: KICKING THE COOTS REARS!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's back when women folk could find the kitchen & mens...

May 15, 2020, 8:22 AM

peed standing up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's back when women folk could find the kitchen & mens...

May 15, 2020, 9:04 AM

Political correctness was nonexistent!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 15, 2020, 9:13 AM

Good times!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: That's back when women folk could find the kitchen & mens... ]

You got that right. You actually could have a great time without worrying about offending someone. Even the visiting teams fans were cool. Before and after the games and regardless of who won or lost. Same for Clemson fans. No cell phones . No Big screen TV’s which meant people actually had to interact with each other. People were willing to share their food and drinks with a stranger.

It was great times. You talked about the game on the way home. Then you talked about the game for a few minutes at Church and maybe on Monday. We did not have radio shows to bash the coaches and players all week. Attending a game was a lot more simplistic and easy to go and get home at a decent hour. By Wednesday fans were usually focusing on the next game. We rarely dwelled on loses more than a few days.

IMO, Life was so much better back in the 80’s. I was at the 89 SC game freezing my butt off but that 45-0 whipping of the coots made it all worthwhile. After the game we we guest of SC fans who could not have been nicer to us Clemson fans after the game.

I have to give a thank you shout out to TigerHawk76 whose group has invited me and my daughter to their tailgate parties and really makes us feel a part of their group. He and his wife are extremely gracious and very hospitable. Thank you TigerHawk76! You are a very kind and generous person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People were not nearly as fat as they are now...***

May 15, 2020, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: That's back when women folk could find the kitchen & mens... ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They say we eat twice the amount of meat per year vs 1980

May 15, 2020, 11:36 PM

And twice the sugar/corn syrup. Really messed up, government subsidizes food production in so, so many ways to keep our food cheap and us happy. We end up obese and diabetic.

Re: They say we eat twice the amount of meat per year vs 1980

May 15, 2020, 11:42 PM

A deck of cards is the meat portion we are supposed to eat. I’d starve, but we buy from small farms instead of box store standard. At least Try to make an effort to stay away from mass raised and steroid injected animal product.

That makes you sound like a Mail Shovin' its Pig.

May 15, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to That's back when women folk could find the kitchen & mens... ]

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're saying I let a number of womens take advantage...

May 15, 2020, 11:22 AM

of my good natures, then yes.

Is that a Deliverance reference?***

May 15, 2020, 12:05 PM [ in reply to That makes you sound like a Mail Shovin' its Pig. ]

After that movie, I could never again see a picture of

May 15, 2020, 12:35 PM

Ned Beatty without feeling nauseous. :(

This has returned for two months thanks to COVID

May 15, 2020, 10:38 AM

> Women had some big hair ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: This has returned for two months thanks to COVID

May 15, 2020, 10:20 PM

And women had big hair-dos.

Forgot one: * South Carolina Career Records *

May 15, 2020, 11:01 AM

They were yapping about Todd Ellis and his career at scar. They put up his career stats in a graphic of Completions, Attempts, Yards, Touchdowns, and Interceptions. Underneath between red stars was "South Carolina Career Records". It was something like 38 tds and 63 interceptions. Had to laugh!

Re: Watching the '88 Clemson-scar game, and I have forgotten a

May 15, 2020, 8:47 PM

I'm not sure they got the entire West stand. Seems like there were still many season ticket holders there close to the home side.

May 15, 2020, 11:02 PM

They did not get the section in the west stands where the Tigers ran out. That’s where my season tickets were at the time.

Here are a couple of shots that made me think that. I do

May 15, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Watching the '88 Clemson-scar game, and I have forgotten a ]
Scar1.png(52.1 K)
Scar2.png(75.8 K)

seem to remember not getting a scar ticket with my west stands tickets back in that time.

May 15, 2020, 9:00 PM

I do remember the band sat in the student section in the opposite corner from where they are now in the 80's and at the top of student section (lower deck, no upper then) in the 70's around the 20 yd line.

May 15, 2020, 10:03 PM

1988 was the last home game and final tribute to RODNEY! RODNEY! RODNEY! after the Roooooodney, Roooooodney, Roooooodney game in 1987.

That game cleared the palate

May 15, 2020, 11:32 PM

Middle 80s were rough after probation - went 1-2-1 against them in '84-'87 after looking like we'd never lose again in '80-'83. Senior year in '84, SC stole the Tiger and replaced it with a fakes all over campus. Still got one.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic