Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching Wofford for first time tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,347

Watching Wofford for first time tonight

Mar 11, 2019, 9:02 PM

This team is pure garbage.

All they do is take bad shot after bad shot,

#3 takes some of the worst shots I’ve ever seen. I know he’s 2nd all time in 3’s made... but when you take 20-30 a game.... I get it.

Wofford plays hard but will get bounced quick in the tournament.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching Wofford for first time tonight

Mar 11, 2019, 9:05 PM

You say that but they might be a 9 seed. Their NET, KenPom, etc ratings are high. They have a couple of guys that can really shoot the 3. They are beating a pretty good UNCG team too.

They beat the chickens by 20 points....that makes them

Mar 11, 2019, 9:05 PM

OK in my estimation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

They play great D and shoot the ball as well as any team in the nation. They are not athletically capable to match up with some teams but if they get hot from 3 they can beat anybody. Their only Ls are to UNC, OU, Kansas, and Miss St. Not sure that is garbage.

so you’re saying going 18-0 in the SOCON

Mar 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

Doesn’t mean nothing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 9:08 PM

I wouldn't mind having some guys who can shoot the ball like they can.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude he's a 44% 3pt shooter for his career

Mar 11, 2019, 9:09 PM

Obviously not just some chucker.

just for chuckles....that's 2% better than any player with

Mar 11, 2019, 9:29 PM

at least 300 made - Magee has 501

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't watched them a whole lot, but I know we would just

Mar 11, 2019, 9:19 PM

as soon not play them. They only beat UNCheat AT Chapel Hill last year, something we have NEVER done!! I agree, McGee was taking some off balance shots, because UNCG was double-teaming him, but then the other guard went for 20 in the second half!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I haven't watched them a whole lot, but I know we would just

Mar 11, 2019, 9:22 PM

Yep 10 is a baller!

Pure garbage??....

Mar 11, 2019, 9:22 PM

....went undefeated in SoCon and won tourney championship by 12. Silly, silly post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Mar 11, 2019, 9:34 PM

What is Wofford now, 29 - 0 against non-tournament teams and 0 - 4 against tournament teams? They'll be lucky to play 2 games in the NCAA tournament.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson will be lucky to play one

Mar 11, 2019, 10:09 PM

All but one of those losses were on the road to pretty good teams. Their shooters may have unorthodox form, but they would beat Clemson as our 3-pt defense is suspect.

Clemson

Maybe so, but they sure as heck aren't garbage!

Mar 11, 2019, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Watching Wofford for first time tonight ]

Honestly, they are more deserving of a bid than we are, even if they had lost tonight!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL are you serious?

Mar 11, 2019, 10:16 PM

Considering the fact that a SoCon team has never gotten an at-large bid, that’s a bold statement.

I think they are a good team this year, but I’m not sure they are better than we are or more deserving. It’s hard to compare mid-majors and majors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I am serious, Judge! I have long thought the a mid-major

Mar 11, 2019, 10:28 PM

that can go undefeated in there conference, is usually more deserving of a bid, that power five teams that are .500 or worse in their conference!

Mar 11, 2019, 10:18 PM

Far from garbage, pure or otherwise. Well deserving of top 10 seed they will get. Could they get bounced first game? Of course, but don’t be surprised by a win or two, maybe more if they all play their best. Hope they go far and we get to have a chance to play them. Go Tigers, go Terriers (and any other SC team that is blessed enough to get a dance invite)

Bump***

Mar 22, 2019, 8:28 AM

Mar 22, 2019, 9:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic