Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching ESECPN last night with my son,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,280

Watching ESECPN last night with my son,

Nov 18, 2020, 11:34 AM

College Football Live and the Top 25 shows, those idgets literally twist themselves into pretzels trying not to mention Clemson. They flushed TL and ETN with their Heisman chances already. It’s a Kyle Trask/Mac Jones love fest now. Lost count of how many times they mentioned Florida, Alabama, OH St., Notre Dame, and yes, Cincinnati, and BYU.
My son said, “They don’t even acknowledge that Clemson lost to ND in overtime with their 2nd string QB, who was also injured, four missing defensive starters, and injured starting WRs. Wonder if it had been Bama or OH St with those issues and lost?” Told him to get used to it, it’s what they do to Clemson every year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz.***

Nov 18, 2020, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching ESECPN last night with my son,

Nov 18, 2020, 11:40 AM

It is why I never do anything with ESPN but watch games now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 11:49 AM

Me too. Our main stream media (news and sports) has become so biased one way or another. Dumped my boob tube 2 1/2 years ago. Watch whatever I want on the computer now, instead of being force fed a pile of manure.

Nov 18, 2020, 11:50 AM

Well, to their credit, ETN lost his chances the last 2 or 3 games due to horrible offensive line play. He holds no chance with his YPG rushing.

Anytime a player misses 2 games they are pretty much counted out. It's equal parts stats and popularity. Being out two games hinders you with both. They know that, you know that, we know that. Why talk about what isn't going to happen?

Nov 18, 2020, 12:04 PM

They forget to mention that Trask has had 2 games cancelled (and Mac Jones 1), and the ACC already has 1 more game on the schedule than the SEC

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 12:14 PM

Doesn’t matter. SEC games are so tough each one is like two ACC games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 18, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Watching ESECPN last night with my son, ]

They misremember.

But Fields only plays 3 games and is the frontrunner***

Nov 18, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Watching ESECPN last night with my son, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 18, 2020, 11:52 AM

Nov 18, 2020, 1:13 PM

Individual awards are nice but the main focus is on the national championship run,then every player wins an award.Football is a team sport not an individual sport .My concern is if the defense can get well and get better.Go TIGERS!

Nov 18, 2020, 1:25 PM

If this is the case and you firmly believe that why do you continue to watch ESPN?

Nov 18, 2020, 2:07 PM

Cuz my 13 year old son wanted to watch it. He loves sports, and young and naive that he is, expects them to be talking some about Clemson, being that they’re ranked 4th in the nation. And there ain’t jack**** on TV at 6:00 on a Tuesday night.

Nov 18, 2020, 1:26 PM

I think you have to consider that Lawrence hasn't played in 3 weeks now with the two games missed and the bye week. He still has a chance to win it largely due to the uneven number of games being played this season by different teams anyway, but of course he's going to fall out of the spotlight while not playing a game for 3 weeks. If he comes out and puts up impressive numbers against FSU on Saturday then I'd expect to hear people talking about him once again.

This is the same media that's made him the preseason favorite to win the Heisman in each of the last two seasons. It's not exactly crazy that Trask would be the current favorite. Him and Lawrence have both played in 6 games this season, and Trask has over 500 more passing yards, and 11 more touchdowns. I'm not saying he's better than Lawrence. I'm only saying it's not crazy that he'd be the current favorite.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,280
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic