Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables on the shovel pass: When we stone it, zoom in on me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables on the shovel pass: When we stone it, zoom in on me

Jul 26, 2017, 8:16 AM

Venables on the shovel pass: When we stone it, zoom in on me

Want to get Clemson defensive coordinator riled up? Mention the Pitt game and the shovel pass, and Venables’ intensity will ratchet up two or three more levels. It’s a scary thing. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables on the shovel pass: When we stone it, zoom in on me

Jul 26, 2017, 8:37 AM

Pitt saw a defensive flaw and capitalizef. Biggest hurt was the turnovers. Likely killed DW4's Heisman hopes, although he redeemed himself in spades, unlike the trophy winner, who embarrassed himself repeatedly.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2017, 8:51 AM

I remember that epic fail at a shovel pass attempt by Wake Forest. Can anyone post a clip of it?

Jul 26, 2017, 9:06 AM

I don't recall the play you're talking about, but here's the game if you wanna find it for us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvQ0MG0sZE

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables on the shovel pass: When we stone it, zoom in on me ]

Man that shovel pass was getting on my nerves so much that game, they just kept doing it and it kept working to perfection it was killing me lol. The Pitt game was the wake up call we needed so like they said we can laugh about it now but at the time I was so mad. But I do give Coach V credit for fixing it right away those LBs and safeties prob got a straight ear full and terrible week of punishment bc like it said others tried it again but it wasn't happening we destroyed the shovel pass every time another team tried it after Pitt and it was stopped to perfection! That's just one of the many reasons I love coach V might get burnt one game or something but it won't happen twice thats forsure he corrects the problems ASAP. Man I hope we hold on to coach V for years to come I mean I wouldn't mind him being a coach in waiting type guy like muschump was for Texas so if Dabo happens to go elsewhere like to bama after saban or somethin Just don't want to lose Venebles he has and is a key piece to Clemson's rise back to the top of the mountain!

Jul 28, 2017, 2:03 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables on the shovel pass: When we stone it, zoom in on me ]

The BS referee calls didn't help either. I remember one of the announcers , Griese said Clemson should be up by 14 points.

Jul 31, 2017, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables on the shovel pass: When we stone it, zoom in on me ]

The refs REALLY helped us lose the game, the phantom personal foul for 15 yrds on BB tackle for loss on 3rd down that they went ahead the next play and scored and then the EXTREMLY phantom PI on Wiggins that was 4th down and let them score. Those 2 SH!T calls cost is the game as much as the shovel pass bending us over the rail with no lube. Just very glad that Mich loss & Wash loss the same day. It helped us stay in the hunt.

Jul 26, 2017, 9:02 AM

Is he just awesome or what! We are so fortunate to have him on our side and not opposing him.

Have to love it - Bama didn't even try it... guess boom and urban learned too. Don't poke the bear!

Thank you Coach V. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love that guy......***

Jul 26, 2017, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love that guy......***

Jul 26, 2017, 9:58 AM

Perfect complement to Dabo, who laughs it off. That's what so great about the coaching staff. Many different personalities to work with all the players. Some fun loving guys, some soft spoken and some who will most definitely get in your face. Something for everyone. :)

Would love to have a split screen showing coach V whenever we are on D

Jul 26, 2017, 10:07 AM

Or at least a little box in the right hand corner. Guy is so passionate/animated and his side kick "get back guy" is the perfect Robin to his Batman.

Id pay an extra few bucks to have that additional angle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched the OSU game again, the shovel pass lost yardage LOL***

Jul 26, 2017, 10:22 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watched the OSU game again, the shovel pass lost yardage LOL***

Jul 26, 2017, 1:23 PM

If its all about see ball,attack ball, it should have been corrected during the game! Couldn't you relay that message to the defensive guys between possessions? Apparently it took some work in practice and Coach V. is the guy to get the attention of everyone.

Re: Watched the OSU game again, the shovel pass lost yardage LOL***

Jul 26, 2017, 6:52 PM

+1

Jul 31, 2017, 5:48 PM

I'd hate to lose him just as much as Dabo. They are the 2 best coaches in CFB to me

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic