Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not Nkemdiche, but another Ole Mi$$ DE said N. Char man....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Not Nkemdiche, but another Ole Mi$$ DE said N. Char man....

Apr 10, 2015, 11:50 AM

was his "step-father."

Walter Scott, a 50-year-old? South Carolina man who was shot and killed by police on Saturday, was a father figure to Ole Miss junior defensive end Fadol Brown, the school said Wednesday.

The school clarified the nature of Brown's relationship with Scott on Wednesday to The Post and Courier after Brown called Scott his "step dad" in a tweet on Tuesday.

Scott, who was unarmed during the killing, was allegedly fleeing a traffic stop when North Charleston police officer Michael Slager fired eight shots. A bystander captured the incident on video, which was released on Tuesday.

The video shows Slager firing his weapon at a fleeing Scott, who falls to the ground after the final shot. Slager originally said that Scott had stolen his taser during an altercation, but the video shows Slager dropping an object near Scott's body after the victim had fallen to the ground.

On Tuesday night, North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey announced that Slager would be charged with murder.

Brown, who is from Charleston, tweeted Tuesday that police "didn't have to shoot him down like a dog."

"Walter Scott was in a relationship with the mother of Fadol’s longtime girlfriend and served as a father figure to Fadol for a number of years,” Ole Miss football coach Hugh Freeze said. “Obviously, this is a very emotional time for all parties involved, and our thoughts are with Fadol and his loved ones after this tragic event.”

The incident occurred as law enforcement practices—particularly police treatment of minorities—have come under increased scrutiny. Scott was black, while Slager is white.

Brown transferred to Ole Miss in 2013 after starting his college career at Florida International.

- Stanley Kay

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/04/08/walter-scott-fadol-brown-ole-miss

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not Nkemdiche, but another Ole Mi$$ DE said N. Char man....

Apr 10, 2015, 12:17 PM

I hope that cop gets thrown under the jail. I also hope whoever covered up the stun gun complaint get some jail time too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watch the unedited video

Apr 10, 2015, 1:17 PM

The man does grab the taser and throw it on the ground. That's what the cop is looming for on the ground. The Post and Courier is the only unedited footage. Everyone else cut the first 10 seconds of the video where Scott grabbed the taser. Thst being said, he should have chased the suspect, not fired at him, but he will be exonerated if they do try him for murder, as there will not be any evidence of premeditation.

*looking

Apr 10, 2015, 1:17 PM

Autocorrect

Re: Watch the unedited video

Apr 10, 2015, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Watch the unedited video ]

It doesn't have to be premeditated for you to be charged with murder..With that being said, I'm sure he will get a plea deal of some sort.

oh wow. that completely changes things. So when the cop

Apr 10, 2015, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Watch the unedited video ]

pulls out his pistol and calmly shoots the guy in the back 8 times, and then walks over to drop the supposed struggled-for taser next to the body, that couldn't possibly be more than simple assault.

I missed the part where I said he was innocent

Apr 10, 2015, 5:41 PM

Or what he did was justified. Could you show that to me? I'm saying the man was clearly struggling with the officer and threw the taser on the ground. The media doesn't need to try and canonize Scott or it will end poorly.

Apr 10, 2015, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Watch the unedited video ]

Not sure if you are serious because it's on a forum for football. But yes he can be tried for murder. Now you could argue the different degrees of murder charges. Watching the video it seems he could be tried under the definition of 1st degree murder as a deliberate action. Deliberate means that the defendant makes a clear-headed decision to kill the victim.I'm sure his defense lawyers will get that dropped down to a lesser murder charge but the most he could hope for is to not be put in general population.
But I'm not a lawyer. I'm just a sports fan, on a sports forum,discussing a policeman who overstepped his duties.And became a murderer behind a badge at that moment,shaming his position of authority.With the power of Google at my beck and call.

What he did is abysmal

Apr 10, 2015, 5:35 PM

I was just pointing out the man did indeed take the taser from the cop, so if the media keeps harping on it and the defense shows the unedited footage, and shows the man clearly taking the taser and throwing it before running, it could lead to a hung journey or a not guilty verdict. Also, I'm not a lawyer, but I thought in SC you had to show premeditation to get a murder charge.

Apr 10, 2015, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Watch the unedited video ]

Uhhh...seriously? He fired 8 shots into someone's back as the unarmed person ran away. In what world is that not murder?

I thought you had to show premeditation for it to be

Apr 10, 2015, 5:43 PM

Considered murder in South Carolina. Apparently not.

Scott was delinquent on child support back to 2012

Apr 10, 2015, 12:36 PM

Shouldn't this step-son be hatin'?

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: This kid wouldn't have seen it anyway.....

Apr 10, 2015, 12:41 PM

his is almost 22. 3 years ago still puts him out of range for support.

Not that I would expect a step-dad to ante up anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

two things are true...

Apr 10, 2015, 12:53 PM

1. Do not run from the cops

2. Do not desire to play our baseball team in April

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about #3

Apr 10, 2015, 5:06 PM

Do not be a cop if you have no regard for human life and lack any sense of when it's appropriate to shoot at someone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scott wasn't "allegedly fleeing." I absolutely loathe poor

Apr 10, 2015, 1:49 PM

journalism, and that's a prime example of it. There's a fracking video showing the man running away as he's being shot in the back 8 times. What is alleged about that?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic