Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watch Out for the XFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Watch Out for the XFL

Oct 31, 2019, 12:45 PM

IMO, the XFL is going to try and penetrate NCAA football by offering top recruits and players the $s they can't get from their College teams and the NFL (before draft eligible) . I am still not convinced what comes out of the recent NCAA ruling is going to provide many players the income they want or expect.

For some, it's needed and for others it is all about what I can get right now. If the XFL is going to be a "minor league" for the NFL, then the NFL can sit back and watch without getting blamed when the young players flame out or get injured.

Just curious what you think - Over or Under, 5 years before the XFL signs a player directly from college with less than 3 years college experience or even a top high school player?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch Out for the XFL

Oct 31, 2019, 12:53 PM

If the XFL has no age requirement, then that might be just what college football needs to avoid disaster. The question is...how long will the XFL be around this time?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 12:57 PM

In my opinion this would be a great thing for college football if they are poaching high school seniors.

Obviously it's bad if they start trying to steal freshmen or sophomores simply because of the recruiting issues it would create for trying to maintain depth.

If they are willing to take the high school kids that want the money now, then it removes from of the stress from the NCAA to provide the only option to players getting paid to play.

It might even let the NCAA maintain its current rules since there will be an alternative, but that isn't likely at this point.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:27 PM

XFL has a base salary in the $20k range. They say with bonuses that players can expect around $50k.

Not much money to throw around.

the salary is 20k a year for all non-QB's LOL***

Oct 31, 2019, 1:28 PM

Lol, they’re already losing player due to low wages,

Oct 31, 2019, 1:56 PM

The XFL will be bankrupt in less than 3 years.

Re: Lol, they’re already losing player due to low wages,

Oct 31, 2019, 2:00 PM

Betting on the games is the only way they make it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Who’s going to bet on an XFL game? That

Oct 31, 2019, 2:28 PM

Would be like betting on high school football. Do you know sports betting generates the least amount of revenue of all the forms of bedding in Vegas, slot machines are #1.

...the XFL will flop again.

Oct 31, 2019, 2:33 PM

most people in the south watch any sport really for the name on the FRONT of the jersey and not the back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Oct 31, 2019, 7:57 PM

Remember when Donald Trump stole Hershel from JawJaw after his 3rd year? The local paper goes.. "HERSHEL.... SAY IT AIN'T SO"...LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic