Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The stone was gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,520

The stone was gone

Apr 12, 2020, 8:54 AM

And so was he.

HE’S ALIVE!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The stone was gone

Apr 12, 2020, 8:56 AM

Where did the stone end up?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on which one he's talking about.

Apr 12, 2020, 9:24 AM

"The Chief Cornerstone" is sitting at the right hand of his Father.

Re: Jesus is the Cornerstone

Apr 12, 2020, 2:14 PM

That's a glorious thought!

--"the stone that was rejected by the builders is become the head of the corner"--is one of the most frequently repeated thoughts in the entire Bible.

After its original Messianic context in Ps 118, Jesus quoted it about himself just before his crucifixion. All three synoptic Gospels quote Him in this: Mat 21, Mark 12, Luke 20.
After the Resurrection, it is one of Peter's boldest themes, almost taunting the Sanhedrin with it in Acts 4, and then reassuring persecuted believers with it in Ch 2 of his first epistle.

Paul uses it too, though less directly, when he makes it one of the bases for his praise anthem in Ephesians 2:20.

We're left to wonder: how is it possible for people to continue to reject him, when they are confronted by the fact that Scripture prophesies that mainstream culture (specifically the Jewish leaders of his day, but yet it's still true in a broad sense today) will reject Christ. How can this fail to be a warning to us? How does this mean so little?

Happy Easter to all! Life everlasting to those who believe, and eternal hope for those who haven't yet.

Apr 12, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: The stone was gone ]

The best explanation I can give you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2020, 9:39 AM

So the stone was there and moved over for Jesus to get out.

Apr 12, 2020, 9:50 AM

Thank you for the constructive criticism this morning. Happy Easter.

Apr 12, 2020, 9:54 AM

No criticism. Just read what was written there and commented. Happy Easter to you.

Apr 12, 2020, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The stone was gone ]

No, the stone was moved to allow others to see that Christ was already gone...He did not need the stone moved for Him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn’t it just moved to the side***

Apr 12, 2020, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Wasn’t it just moved to the side***

Apr 12, 2020, 10:10 AM

It don’t matter to me where the stone went. I do believe Christ arose, he walked out, he lives, he ascended to Heaven and because he did I’ll enjoy eternal life in Heaven with him.

Apr 12, 2020, 10:12 AM

Why did he have to walk out? Why not just ascend? These are the hard hitting questions I want answered. Just playing around. Hapoy Easter!

Apr 12, 2020, 2:17 PM

The ascension was many days after the resurrection. He walked out and many saw Him alive, up to 400 at one time. If you have trouble believing, look into the life of Lee Strobel. As an investigative reporter for the Chicago Sun Times, he set out to proof his Christian wife wrong and found overwhelming evidence that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and did indeed rise from the dead.

Apr 12, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Wasn’t it just moved to the side*** ]

God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. Happy Easter to all who loves and believes that Jesus is the only true son of God!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,520
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic