Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Clemson needed a bad call to win"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

"Clemson needed a bad call to win"

Sep 10, 2018, 5:14 PM

Re-watching the game I see that TAMU had all 3 TD's off of lucky breaks. 2 of the 3 TD passes were tipped and the receiver still maintained possession, 9/10 of the time that ball becomes uncatchable. The one that wasn't tipped was not caught by the intended target and another player made a diving catch for a TD not including with big dex got his whole hand on a pass and it went straight to a different receiver on 3rd and 8 for a first down. Without even stating all the missed holding calls it is hard to imagine A&M is even close had they not gotten break after break.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

84aggiect in 3....2...1......***

Sep 10, 2018, 5:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Was not a bad call. It was what happened...however

Sep 10, 2018, 5:18 PM

it was unfortunate that it happened that way because both teams are going hard but it IS the rule. And i know herby and fowler wanted it to not be so and they kept saying it was wide of the pylon but the actual pylon camera told the truth. That ball went right over the top of the pylon which means its considered in the endzone. So I can't remember if they said it was confirmed or play stands as called or not but had they reversed that call...we would be livid.

Re: Was not a bad call. It was what happened...however

Sep 10, 2018, 5:24 PM

I don't even think any of that matters because they got another chance in the end, scored, but couldn't convert the two. Who's to say that wouldn't have happened on that drive had they actually scored? Accept the loss and move on.

i don't know.. the way they were moving the ball at that

Sep 10, 2018, 5:30 PM

time they may have forced a three and out again and drove down to quick a game winning field goal. It would have depended on our efficiency on offense. My guess is we do exactly what we did and punt giving them time to drive again. We were very out of sorts at that time in the open field.

i think the playcalling is different with a 2-pt lead and

Sep 10, 2018, 5:55 PM

for sure if it's tied. No way to know if they would have gotten the ball back if they had scored on their next to last drive.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i think the playcalling is different with a 2-pt lead and

Sep 10, 2018, 6:32 PM

Very true. No way of knowing what would have happened if the refs gave them the ball on the goal Iine. They may have fumbled the next play. They may have scored and still missed the extra point. We may have taken the onside kick in for a score or got enough yardage for a winning field goal. We won because we made a key play when we HAD to.
The Aggies didn’t!

Re: Was not a bad call. It was what happened...however

Sep 10, 2018, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Was not a bad call. It was what happened...however ]

Perhaps the luckiest break we got in the ballgame was the call of the touch-back.Had the refs called the ball out of bounds inside the 1 yard-line, that call would not have been overturned either. There was no video evidence sufficient to overturn the call either way.

Re: "Clemson needed a bad call to win"

Sep 10, 2018, 5:53 PM

The official was in perfect position to make the right call and he did make the right call. As Dabo pointed out, don't fumble the ball. What is being missed is it was a GREAT hustle play.

And A&M needed a lot of no calls and a lot of luck just to make it a game***

Sep 10, 2018, 6:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aTm seems to have a lucky horse show up their a-r-s-e....

Sep 10, 2018, 6:07 PM

...that is for sure. Considering all the nonsense that occured I am grateful that we pulled it off.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 6:25 PM

Was not a bad call. Bad calls were all of the no calls on blatant holding

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 8:35 PM

I was afraid I was alone on this. I think the CW42 penalty was a result of him being held all night and finally had a fair opportunity to hit Mond.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic