Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was in Judge Keller's historic store recently & Son Leonard is still behind the counter..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 51

Was in Judge Keller's historic store recently & Son Leonard is still behind the counter..

Oct 18, 2019, 9:17 AM

running things. Can't beat the ole time feeling of that classic soda shoppe metal pan ceiling and those hand-made wooden clothing bins..

and Leonard took time from ringing up sales at "new" front counter to talk some Clemson history.

Knew his Dad while in school in 1959-1966 as well as Mrs Keller..and always went in to say Howdy, whether I needed something or not.

Try Judge Keller's if you've not been in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they still sell orange overalls?

Oct 18, 2019, 9:19 AM

I hope so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's like, I know I shouldn't encourage it...

Oct 18, 2019, 10:22 AM

but, it's just...funny. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was in Judge Keller's historic store recently & Son Leonard is still behind the counter..

Oct 18, 2019, 9:20 AM

Judge Keller's is my go-to for Clemson gear. Always the lowest prices.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Did you tell them that orange overalls are a bad look and an

Oct 18, 2019, 9:21 AM

embarrassment to the real Judge Keller?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Not if you buy a flag to wave

Oct 18, 2019, 9:36 AM

orange of course

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

She still says "Howdy"?

Oct 18, 2019, 9:23 AM

Not a good look for Clemson here in 2019.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Was in Judge Keller's historic store recently & Son Leonard is still behind the counter..

Oct 18, 2019, 10:16 AM

We shop there first and try to buy from them. Would hate to lose that store. One of the few left that makes Clemson Clemson.

Yes I’m old.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a "must do" when in town. Such a neat place.***

Oct 18, 2019, 10:24 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a "must do" when in town. Such a neat place.***

Oct 18, 2019, 12:35 PM

It’s the first place we go to when in town. They sell cotton t shirts that are not “unisex” sizes. All the other stores have a lot of Fanatics made of material from Venus that will fit you, your wife and your mother-in-law!

Oct 18, 2019, 10:49 AM

If I understand the history correctly, Leonard is the 3rd generation owner of the store. We were in town (from Texas) for the A&M game and I spent 45 mins talking to him at that front register. He filled me in on what was going on around town and we talked some baseball. The funny thing is that one of the employees came up and gave him some things to do. I spoke to her later and she said that an underlying model of the store is to have him mingle with customers and provide nostalgia.

I, too, remember his father when I was a student in the 70's. Whenever he completed the sale, he would say, "We appreciate your trade". I mean, who says things like that anymore?

Judge Kellers is one of the many things that makes Clemson what it is. I never, ever come into town without visiting the store. I hope that they are able to stay in business for generations to come. I love that place!

Oct 18, 2019, 4:09 PM

And Judge Keller didn't need a fancy cash register to calculate your bill. He did it with a No. 2 pencil on the brown paper bag your purchase was about to go in. Loved going to that store. He was an amazing man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2019, 12:53 PM

:)

Next time your in there ask him how he likes somebody on

Oct 18, 2019, 3:15 PM

TNet using his dad's name.

(And then step back a little...)

Re: Next time your in there ask him how he likes somebody on

Oct 18, 2019, 4:21 PM

He doesn't like it. Told me so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 18, 2019, 3:54 PM

When I had relatives from England visiting me recently, I took them down to Judge Kellers. They bought enough stuff to fill a suitcase.

For many years the store sold paint and hardware items. My wife always went there first. Leonard's Dad used to tell my wife when she bought an item, "Mrs. Joe21, if you are not pleased with it, bring it back and I'll refund your money".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic