Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans...

Aug 12, 2014, 10:47 AM

Tajh and Sammy are gone; Clemson's offense has no one else. (Look at our recruiting classes; the talent is there.)

The game is in Sanford stadium; Clemson will wilt under the SEC environment. (Sanford is regarded as one of the quietest stadiums to hold 90K+. Their older boosters sit on their butts the whole game.)

They have FSU's DC Pruitt who shut down Clemson. (Nevermind the fact that Pruitt had FSU's talent, not UGA's, and had the defense thoroughly installed.)

Corey Crawford's suspension is huge. (We too deep.)

Clemson's defense gave up tons of passing yards last year. Hutson Mason will light it up once Clemson stacks the box to stop Gurley/Marshall. (Our DB depth was decimated last year by injuries. This group is different.)

Anything else?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans...

Aug 12, 2014, 10:49 AM

Pruitt didn't really stop Clemson last year. We mvoed the ball pretty effectively before coughing it up or making bonehead mistakes. It was after going down by 27 (or 28 whatever it was) that pruitt stopped Clemson once we abandoned the run.

Of the 7 Clemson drives in the first half, 5 went across mid field before we coughed it up or made a dumb play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?!

Aug 12, 2014, 10:51 AM

No mention of getting your leg humped or your butt sniffed?

And you call your analysis in-depth?

smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 12, 2014, 10:55 AM

Careful what you wish for on the Crawford suspension. Might not want an excuse for Lawson to see more action.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 12, 2014, 11:15 AM

Here is some extremely elementary in depth analysis from me, a UGA fan. I feel like you guys will take a small step back on offense this year, although, you will probably be a little better on D. Therefore, you guys will basically be the same team you were last year talent wise. Now for us, We lost Murray on offense, that is about it, I think Mason is a step back from him in some aspects. So, that will lead to a step back for our offense. On defense, we will be better because of coaching, maybe this year our players will be facing the los at the snap.

I really see the game playing out alot like last year. Two good teams duking it out and looking for that game changing break. I dont see either team being head or shoulders above the other and I dont think anyone who is rational would say different.

Also, I dont agree with that Vegas line either. I say 3.5 at the most, just for home field.

Good analysis***

Aug 12, 2014, 11:21 AM

Re: Good analysis***

Aug 12, 2014, 4:53 PM

agree!!however, dawgs lost A LOT of very good players on DEF
like we did on OFF. again, I think our dff replacements are closer to what/who they are replacing than dawgs replacements are to those they are replacing..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your analysis seems to be fair...

Aug 12, 2014, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

as opposed to the drivel that stooperdawg posts over here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Seems fair, the only thing I would point out though

Aug 12, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

is the losses on defense you've had, coupled with a new DC in Pruitt makes me think you will struggle early in the year.

If we played in November it could be a completely different story, much like what happened with injuries for y'all last year

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Seems fair, the only thing I would point out though

Aug 12, 2014, 12:11 PM

> is the losses on defense you've had, coupled with a
> new DC in Pruitt makes me think you will struggle
> early in the year.
>
> If we played in November it could be a completely
> different story, much like what happened with
> injuries for y'all last year

The loses are overplayed IMO. At the end of the year, Moore and Mauger were starting at safety (in base 3-4) b/c Matthews was hurt off and on all year.

Swann was at CB and Wiggins was at the other CB spot. 3 of those 4 return for 2014 and I think we have a few options that will be upgrades to replace Wiggins as he was pretty undersized.

I would take Pruitt + experience on Defense (2014) vs. no experience + Grantham (2013) all day long.

Not to mention, Grantham and Pruitt both run base 3-4s, and commonly use a nickle package as well... this is a new D staff but I dont think the basics of the scheme are that much different... Devil will be in the details.

D apparently performed very well in 1st scrimmage.

If your D performed well in the scrimmage,

Aug 12, 2014, 12:13 PM

then I'd be really really worried about your offense, just saying.

we can ignore overplayed losses? id like to

Aug 12, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems fair, the only thing I would point out though ]

Remove the 2014 Duke loss if we are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 12, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems fair, the only thing I would point out though ]

Interesting you feel your losses are overplayed but ours aren't....bit one sided philosophy, isn't it?

1) Boyd...though he was the starter for 3 years, Stoudt has been here that whole time, knowing and learning the same system to be the QB if the need arised. His completion percentage in the games he was in (though mostly garbage time and smaller games) was actually better than Boyd's, and if you actually watch tape, you'll notice Boyd's biggest advantage was mainly in his short yardage running capability and his deep ball...short ball and side routes, Boyd's tendency many times was to over or under throw (and honestly, if Boyd and Bryant had been on their game together last year, your team would have lost by much worse). Stoudt's biggest downfall is inexperience in big games....but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be capable, just means he's unproven. It has been stated by DS that Watson (#1 QB recruit from GA in 2014) is behind him and will play @ UGA...which he has been stated to already be at this point ahead of where Boyd was the same year....if Cole is being picked starter ahead of this kid, likely Stoudt's showing he could be as good if not potential to become better than even where Boyd was as well...keeping in mind, his dad was in fact an NFL QB as well, which has been working with him in practices off season. Don't confuse ability and skill vs proven experience...lack of experience didn't stop Winston nor Manziel from Heisman's, nor did it stop Winston from bringing the title to the ACC.

2) Bryant...As far as the Georgia game last year is concerned, Bryant hardly was much of a factor. Several passes thrown his way, Boyd either overthrew him (incomplete pass) or Bryant dropped it (incomplete pass)...I believe the only big catch he did in the game was the onside kick to seal the game (which anyone on the team could do). So yr vs yr, not much of a loss UGA should count as far as comparing teams last year vs this year.

3) Watkins...this is likely the biggest loss on the team. Skill was obvious, the fact he was the guy that countered the TD run by Gurley could be a factor....unless Clemson does get a running game themselves. Won't know that until game day. As far as ability though, again...I've said this a hundred times, and each georgia fan likes to ignore it....Charone Peake. Out of high school (the same year as Sammy), he was ranked higher than Sammy as the #2 receiver. That being said, that'd make him a vetern player that also has been in the system. If he gets healthy and has a breakout year with Sammy and Nuk now gone (which let's be honest, they WERE Boyd's favorite go to guys he'd throw into double coverage at not checking his other players), he could easily be a deep ball threat like Watkins was, just wasn't seen with Boyd having 2 easy 1st round NFL go-to's in 2012 and Peake being injured all year last year. Just a point to think about...

Aug 12, 2014, 2:31 PM

> Interesting you feel your losses are overplayed but
> ours aren't....bit one sided philosophy, isn't it?
>

Overplayed...aka...not really true. We are not replacing 3 starters in the secondary like I keep reading. Only 1.

Clemson replacing the vast majority of your offense, Boyd, Watkins, Bryant, and McDowell is NOT debatable.

That isnt to say your offense cant be good next year, I just think it is going to be hard on them week 1 in Athens with the minimal game-time experience they have.

Aug 12, 2014, 3:44 PM

I thinkthat in my opinion is where you are not quite looking at the reality...minimal game experience is understating...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511213/charone-peake

3 yrs...freshman yr averaged 17.8 yrds per carry in only 4 carries...2012, stats jumped in carries...25 for 172 yds, 6.9 yds per carry, 2 TDs..obviously last year down due to injury, but in the GA game alone...5 receptions for 56 yards, 11.6 per carry...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/546644/mike-williams

2nd year....but last year alone (with Sammy and Bryant being the go-to's), averaged 15.8 yards per carry, 20 receptions for 316 yards, 3 TD's..and likely you don't know him because he wasn't in the GA game nor the OH State game, but did have 2 receptions against Fl State.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511206/adam-humphries
3 yrs...last year averaged 11.8 yards per carry

Not counting the tight ends, one of which scored the winning score last year....

The RB side I can agree has more lack of experience (which was an issue since Ellington left actually), but DJ Howard, Brooks, and CJ Davidson all 3 have been in the system at least 2 years and have game experience...Zac Brooks averaged 6.7 yards per carry against GA last year rushing, plus had a 31 yard reception TD in the game as well.

Good post, but...

Aug 12, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

I think you guys are believing too much in Pruitt and you're a little too down on Grantham. Pruitt looks like some sort of magician because he was the DC on FSU's national championship team, but FSU was already an elite defense the year before.

In fact, FSU's defense gave up 12.1 ppg and 283.2 YPG in 2013, while they gave up 14.7 ppg and 254.1 YPG in 2012. They were just as elite in 2011, when they gave up 15.1 ppg and 275 YPG. FSU really started improving when Mark Stoops arrived in 2010, a year in which they stepped back in from out of the wilderness (and beat South Carolina pretty easily in the Peach Bowl).

Really the only big improvement under Pruitt came against Clemson. Clemson had 426 yards against Stoops's defense in 2012, but it had only 326 in 2013. If Pruitt chops 100 yards off of the total yards Clemson gained against UGa in 2013, you'd be down in the 350 yard range where a team will need help from turnovers to score many points.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:18 AM

clemson fan's analysis.....

cole is better than Boyd....

Boulware is better than Shuey....

we lost 95% of our offensive production but we'll be better.....

our defense is the nation's best never mind they gave up 39 ppg to any opponent with a pulse.

most of the tigernation still believes Uga's secondary will start 2 freshman and walk-on safety Connor Norman.

after coaching 3 straight national title defenses Pruitt won't make the slightest difference as Ga's DC.

that there's some "huge" gap in talent between UGA and FSU.

we're going to run 100 plays!

anything else?

^^^Found one***

Aug 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

Well please don't feed it.. maybe it will go away?***

Aug 12, 2014, 11:23 AM

I'm afraid he keeps smelling the lunge and gets drawn

Aug 12, 2014, 11:40 AM

back here...

Maybe B-Meist can move the Lunge down wind?***

Aug 12, 2014, 11:50 AM

I'm not sure even that would help, the lunge is similar to

Aug 12, 2014, 11:59 AM

Chernobyl, it kinda just permeates the area with it's radiation regardless of weather conditions

Aug 12, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

playing between the hedges will be no problem....Ga fans sit quietly on their hands the entire game.

dang, you've been to a game there, too.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:24 AM

it will be noisy, but not ear-drum shattering loud or intimidating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2014, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

a 3pt win at home = domination.

Key word: WIN

Aug 12, 2014, 11:26 AM

Frankly, I couldn't care less about domination.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Was a 3 pt win because of a garbage time TD

Aug 12, 2014, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

while we were in prevent.

Or did the tears in your eyes cause you to miss that?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aug 12, 2014, 11:47 AM

Exactly

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: Was a 3 pt win because of a garbage time TD

Aug 12, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Was a 3 pt win because of a garbage time TD ]

You didn't even take the lead until near the end of the 3rd qtr. So, don't act Clempson dominated.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

sooperdawg forgets that the 3-point victory was a 10-point lead until CLEMSON went into 'prevent D' to protect the "W". Ever watch football Dawg? It's how the game is played.

wait wait wait. we didn't say they sit on their

Aug 12, 2014, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

Hands. We said they are too busy out in the parking lots trashing cars, vandalizing, and proving they are some of the worst fans in football to show up and cheer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We moved the ball on Pruitt's defense last year

Aug 12, 2014, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

I'm not worried in the least about him. You don't have FSU level talent, and we hopefully won't turn it over five or six times.

Also, last year's game wasn't even close. You got a garbage time TD while we were in prevent to make it appear closer.

Not really

Aug 12, 2014, 11:43 AM

I do think it's true that UGa doesn't have what FSU had on defense. The talent gap isn't "huge," but you don't go from being as mistake prone and slow as you were last year to suddenly being a top defense this year because of a new DC. That's simultaneously giving Pruitt and Grantham too much credit.

I think UGa's front seven should be slightly improved with another year of experience for their LBs, but the two guys everyone is talking about (Wilson and Herrerra) really didn't impress me last year. I thought UGa's LBs looked slow. Meanwhile, UGa's secondary is in an even worse mess than it was last year, and it suddenly isn't very talented either after losing some of its top players.

By contrast, FSU had one of the top defenses in the country before Pruitt was brought in as a fairly unknown assistant to replace Mark Stoops. FSU also had elite talent in the secondary before Pruitt got there.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Re: Not really

Aug 12, 2014, 12:00 PM

our secondary consisted of two true freshmen and a walk-on safety (our slow white boy Connor Norman)and you think we'll be worse this season?

you do realize after returning just three starters on D last year, the Bulldogs have 10 guys back who had seven or more starts and return 10 of their top 13 tacklers.

Who do you return from your secondary?

Aug 12, 2014, 12:30 PM

Who was expected to be a starter in the secondary for you this year? The problem is that you were relying on some of the guys you lost for this year, so it's not like you're in much of a different situation than you were in last year. Yes, I think you'll be worse than you were even last year.

According to this article, your secondary is still very up in the air outside of Swann. Swann, by the way, had already started for a year before last season, and he didn't look particularly good. The other corner spot is being battled for by a banged up JUCO transfer and a guy who was a RB for you last year. At safety you lost two guys who were expected to start, even though Mauger and Moore have some experience.

http://distinctathlete.com/breaking-down-georgias-latest-depth-chart-moves-midway-through-fall-camp-7/

Re: Who do you return from your secondary?

Aug 12, 2014, 12:45 PM

how could we be worse? we're not starting a walk-on ....i.e. Connor Norman at safety.

We won't have watkins or bryant running routes against us this year either......or squirmy-ass Boyd sand-lotting plays. cole doesn't have boyd's running abilities.

Aug 12, 2014, 12:54 PM

Bryant didn't catch a single ball. Sammy only caught 5 balls for 50 yards outside of his long play. We won because our defense forced turnovers, you let us run on your defense, and Boyd made throws to the guys you weren't covering. Same thing will happen again this year.

Aug 12, 2014, 1:14 PM

BS statement considering your RB this year didn't start last year. So, you don't know.

We know who we have in Gurley. He will put up 100+ total yards.

Aug 12, 2014, 1:15 PM

And the running back last year didn't start the year before.

Aug 12, 2014, 1:30 PM

Exactly! and you didn't know what he was going to do last year.

Aug 12, 2014, 2:02 PM

So we don't know what our new RBs will do. They could provide anywhere from 0 to 300 yards. I think it's funny that you think they will be non-factors when you probably thought the same thing last year. I'll just say I expect about the same production on the ground as last year's game. How does that sound like BS?

Aug 12, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Who do you return from your secondary? ]

"We won't have watkins or bryant running routes against us this year either......or squirmy-### Boyd sand-lotting plays. cole doesn't have boyd's running abilities."

1) No, you'll have Peake if he returns healthy and better than ever, who is faster than Watkins...fact:
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120806/PC20/120809407

2) Byant's only catch in the UGA game was the on-side kick at the end...every other one, Boy'd either overthrew him or he dropped it...so wasn't a factor in the game.

3) Whether Stoudt has as a running threat capability (being heavier now) or not is not known....but if he doesn't, I am quite sure there is a #1 rated GA QB sitting right behind him that was known as a dual threat QB that has been stated that will be in the game...butthen again, all Clemson needs is an improved and better running game in the RB's and it counters needing a run threat QB in short yardage.

Aug 12, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Who do you return from your secondary? ]

> Who was expected to be a starter in the secondary for
> you this year? The problem is that you were relying
> on some of the guys you lost for this year, so it's
> not like you're in much of a different situation than
> you were in last year. Yes, I think you'll be worse
> than you were even last year.
>
> According to this article, your secondary is still
> very up in the air outside of Swann. Swann, by the
> way, had already started for a year before last
> season, and he didn't look particularly good. The
> other corner spot is being battled for by a banged up
> JUCO transfer and a guy who was a RB for you last
> year. At safety you lost two guys who were expected
> to start, even though Mauger and Moore have some
> experience.
>
>
> http://distinctathlete.com/breaking-down-georgias-late
> st-depth-chart-moves-midway-through-fall-camp-7/

At the end of 2013, Moore and Mauger were starting at Safety (both started 7 games last year) and Swann at 1 CB position.

I think all 3 of them will start 2014 unless one of the safeties is beaten out by better talent. The other CB spot will be filled by 1 of:

Sheldon Dawson
Fenteng (JUCO)
Devin Bowman
Malkom Parrish
Aaron Davis (although working at safety as well right now)
Kennar Johnson
Rico Johnson

I thought for sure it would be Reggie Wilkerson b/c he was the likely starter at CB last year before he tore an ACL but he was moved to safety.

Other guys working at Safety:
Tramel Terry
Domnick Sanders
Wilkerson
Davis
JJ Green (likely starer at nickle back)

Pruitt doesnt have the starting lineup yet b.c camp/fall practice isnt close to complete. That doesnt mean we dont have a quite a few talented guys fighting for the starting positions. As you can see...no real lack of depth in the DB group which I keep reading...just not true.

Do those players inspire much confidence for you?

Aug 12, 2014, 1:52 PM

It sure wouldn't for me.

Re: Not really

Aug 12, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Not really ]

Pretty much all southern teams recruit the same players,if you are going to say that about us then the same can be said about your team as well can it not? And as far as the slow comment Grantham had the whole defense last spring and summer put on weight and it slowed the defense down. Some of you are giving Grantham too much credit, during the LSU game in the second quarter the announcers kept saying the defense isn't getting lined up before the snap. That right there should tell you something. Grantham was disorganized in his play calling. Actually on the secondary we should be alittle better this year for the simple reason of actually just having a coach back there to teach them, because evidently Scott Lakatos was having health issues last year and nobody knew outside of the team. And Pruitt is trying to get the speed guys back there for the secondary. Grantham also didn't like substituting the starters because he didn't trust the backups for some reason! That's how you get better is by playing backups!

Forgot a few more ...

Aug 12, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

1) Cramps ... Can't forget the cramps

2) "We too deep."

3) If you take away Gurley's two biggest runs he was just average.

4) The game wa not even close last year. The last TD does not count because the game was out of reach.

Re: Forgot a few more ...

Aug 12, 2014, 12:39 PM

Take away Gurley's run and the dawgs averaged 3.67 per yard on the Ground. Believe it or not we had a lot of new defenders to break in that game too. The difference is that ours finished the season strong and with their names known and yours still sucked.

Aug 12, 2014, 12:47 PM

giving up 35 pts in your last game = strong? lmao @ clem logic.

Aug 12, 2014, 12:58 PM

Your obviously too scared to actually go watch that game.

osu was 5th in the nation in total yards per game

Aug 12, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Forgot a few more ... ]

And averaged 45.5 yards per game.

Msu which was one of the top d's in the country last year allowed 24? Points.

So Clemson was clearly not as good as one of the best defenses last year but it is not outrageous to argue they were strong against osu.

Re: osu was 5th in the nation in total yards per game

Aug 12, 2014, 1:04 PM

OSU averaged over 7 yards per carry coming into the orange bowl (got 6.8 per carry against MSU) we held them to 4 yards per carry. With over 100 penalty yards against us and 2 of those points directly coming from a safety it gets harder an harder for a hater to live in Lala land.

Aug 12, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

great d's give up points opposite hunh

its called a boat race

bring your life jacket

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doggies

Aug 12, 2014, 11:27 AM

Be worried. Very worried. It's gonna be a long day betwixt da shrubs.

Sounds about as bad as our fans' analysis***

Aug 12, 2014, 11:32 AM

Re: Sounds about as bad as our fans' analysis***

Aug 12, 2014, 11:54 AM

-UGA's defense was VERY young last year - 2 returning starters and without getting into a lot of detail, there were a lot of problems with the Defensive staff.

-We return pretty much everyone on offense minus Murray. Agree Murray could hurt to some extent but like Stoudt, Mason has a lot of system knowledge and I think CMR/Bobo will call plays that work for Mason's style of game. O-line should be solid, WRs have a lot of exp, and one of the best RB groups in the nation for Mason to lean on.

-Home field advantage...make fun of Sanford all you want, but it gets plenty loud and will have an affect on Stoudt if the game is close and Clemson gets in obvious passing downs. (LSU v UGA last year was painful to the ears...it can get loud for big games). This will help Mason a good bit as well, much more concerned about our next game in Columbia for Mason that at home in Athens. A lot more pressure on Stoudt than Mason IMO.

-Clemson's Defense likely has an advantage over the UGA defense on paper, but when you guys faced solid offenses last year, it wasnt like you were shutting anyone down like a dominating Bama defense. Your 2014 defense will certainly have the chance to prove themselves early. However, I dont see your D completely shutting us down. Our O-Line will be very solid and our running game is too good IMO.

-I dont really have a clue what to expect from Clemson's offense. Stoudt's footage shows a QB with talent but at times, wasnt accurate (probably from earlier in his career). Will your OL be able to hold off our 7? Will your RBs and WRs have some clear leaders step up to help Stoudt on the road?

UGA has their own questions... Can our OL hold off Clemsons DL? Can Mason make the throws down field in obvious 3rd down passing situations? Can our secondary prevent big plays which Clemson is known for at times?

Should be a great game but I like the matchup for UGA, esp since we are at home.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:59 AM

The Tigers D will be big, fast and mean. I just don't think Dawg nation really knows what is going to hit them.

Aug 12, 2014, 12:06 PM

> The Tigers D will be big, fast and mean. I just don't
> think Dawg nation really knows what is going to hit
> them.

Ditto. UGA has a lot of talent, size, and speed as well on defense and especially in the front 7...plus we have the home field advantage.

Think many are sleeping on our defense...

I'm not sleeping on your defense,

Aug 12, 2014, 12:08 PM

I just don't think it'll be as good as you think it will be that early in the season...

Aug 12, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Sounds about as bad as our fans' analysis*** ]

We seen Clemson defense last year did we not? So how do figure we won't know what hit us? Bobo will have a general idea about the Clemson defense this year.

I think that's pretty fair

Aug 12, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Sounds about as bad as our fans' analysis*** ]

To me, the two biggest questions marks will be whether Stoudt and Clemson's young WRs can stay composed in their first big game on the road, and whether Clemson's front 7 can do a better job of containing Gurley.

Some of Clemson's question marks on offense may be magnified by playing on the road, which will help what I think is an even more suspect UGa defense. I know you guys think you'll be better because you return so many of your DL and LBs, but what about the huge holes and the lack of talent and experience in the secondary? Your secondary is probably helped by playing at home, but Pruitt will need to find a way to get pressure if he wants to protect them, and your DL hasn't shown signs of being able to get to the QB without a blitz being called.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:46 AM

The game will be close at the half but the Tigers will weather the storm. Clemson will take over and win this game by 2 TDs .

Aug 12, 2014, 2:37 PM

With a first time starter at QB,4 suspended players and a new runningback I don't see it.

Aug 12, 2014, 2:40 PM

Still better than Nebraska.

Aug 12, 2014, 4:20 PM

last years team is at died. no more connor norman @ safety.

You forgot kicking. Catman left and now all we have is one-

Aug 12, 2014, 12:11 PM

legged midget kicker.

Aug 12, 2014, 1:03 PM

I wish I knew why you tiger fans were so down on Sanford. You say it's quiet, but most articles you see over the last couple of years puts UGA as one of the best stadiums to play at, some ahead of Clemson. I was at every home game last year, and trust me, LSU and USC were both feeling the noise, and they come from places that are known to be just as loud, if not louder than Clemson...

Link to said articles?

Aug 12, 2014, 1:04 PM

Cause that's not the same info I've heard/read

Re: Link to said articles?

Aug 12, 2014, 1:13 PM

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-2013-ranking-nations-top-25-stadiums#23

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000362215

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-stadiums-college-football-experts-poll

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1409909-the-10-loudest-stadiums-in-college-football/page/3

Thank you.

Kudos for providing actual articles. Give me some time to peruse them

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that

Aug 12, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: To sum up the in-depth analysis from most UGA fans... ]

your stadium isn't loud.

hth

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Dude... Sanford is not quiet for a real game.

That place is the 2nd loudest place I've ever been... on a good day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic