Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was DW4's levelheadedness contagious?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Was DW4's levelheadedness contagious?

Aug 24, 2017, 8:56 AM

I am pleasantly hopeful now that KB has the starting nod from Dabo. One of the main reasons, beyond the physical promise, experience with the offense, and command of mechanics, is my belief that the peerless stability and mastery of the big moment we all saw in DW4 will affect the poise and resolve of those around him. It would be very difficult to quantify that uncoachable quality, but am I wrong to expect that it is somewhat transmissible as the current players have seen it at work and have been propelled by it to the highest level?

I'm interested to hear some commentary on the way greatness rubs off on younger teammates.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Was DW4's levelheadedness contagious?

Aug 25, 2017, 9:22 PM

No takers on this topic a couple days ago. I'm surprised!

I'm still hopeful somebody on this bored will fine it in they're hard of harts to ingauge in some civic discords about it. TIA in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Aug 25, 2017, 10:39 PM

I don't think it started with Watson. Taj had incredible maturity and composure for a college 'kid'. DeShaun is special but he got as much out of Clemson as he gave. It's the type of coach and player Dabo focuses on bringing into the program, combined with the faith/resolve and persistence he demonstrates when one of the players messes up. He treats them like adult children of his own.

He has built program with staying power. There will always be leadership for the players to model. No guarantee for wins but a culture that can now perpetuate and would take something very bad to dismantle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2017, 10:52 PM

Great point about the culture rendering the results. When Dabo says, "we've built a culture," I always assume he's referencing both coach-player relationships and selectivity in recruiting as equally vital to it.

Which influence was greater - Deshaun on the Clemson culture or the Clemson culture on Deshaun?

GO TIGERS

Aug 25, 2017, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Was DW4's levelheadedness contagious? ]

That's a good reply, hadn't seen this post until now. While I believe Watson is the best QB to wear the jersey, it is about culture, the program & coaching. Taking nothing away from his accomplishments and how great he was for CU, every great program moves forward with more great players. There is too much talent from top to bottom not only with our players, but as above mentioned, in everything else as well.

No one is going to be like the next one, however we are always amazed at how it all comes together. Coaches see who can command and communicate and distribute effectively. Watson's poise and confidence is the best example for any young QB. So, you would have to think that only gives our QB(S) the best apprenticeship in CFB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time will tell

Aug 25, 2017, 10:55 PM

soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2017, 11:18 PM

Hellz yeah

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic