Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Warning to Bi'Lo Grocery Shoppers!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Warning to Bi'Lo Grocery Shoppers!

Apr 8, 2020, 4:13 PM

I have probably only started 3 threads in my entire membership. That's just not my cup of tea.
Furthermore, I would never post a non-football related thread here if I didn't think it was very important. Well today is that day. As many on here have noted, there seems to be a total "disconnect" with the general population and I witnessed it first hand today at BiLo. Like others I try to keep my public interaction to a minimum and limit any visits to stores. I went to Bilo this morning to pick up bread and a few other items. Some grocery stores have these plastic grocery carts that ride about 3" above the floor which shoppers pull with a long handle(like a child's wagon). When I saw a few people pulling them I didn't really think anything. However, while standing in a checkout line, the customer in front of me had 15 items crammed in that cart(sitting 3" off the floor). That is when I realized how dangerous that was to be dragging your food all over a store 3" off the floor! THen to my SHOCK they picked up the entire cart and placed it on the conveyor belt!!!! Then, the clerk(no gloves, no mask) began taking things out(1 at the time), scanning it and placing it on the 2nd conveyor belt for bagging!!

I was so stunned, I could not even think straight. I had way to many items in my hand so I put 3 boxes on the belt and stacked everything else on top. But when I saw her placing each item on the second belt and then bagging with her hands---it was over for me. As I grabbed my 2 bags, I noticed the next customer had put their groceries on the belt and take a guess what was there!!!! Another Pull Cart loaded with food! I took the two bags to the trash can in the parking lot and dumped them in it. I went back in and only selected items I could hold and give to her one at the time to scan. In front of me was a guy holding 1 item. It was about 5 pounds of ground hamburger meat. For some unexplained reason, he looked back at me as he was about to place it on the belt. I quickly said "I wouldn't do that. People are placing those pull carts directly onto that belt." He quickly jerked back the package and was VERY GRATEFUL. He then had the same "shocked" look that I originally had.

I only wrote this to share with those who shop in stores that allow those pull carts. You may not want to be placing food items on those belts. I certainly don't write this as a judgment against this particular store. Just want everyone to be "safe"; especially my Tiger Family!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Warning to Bi'Lo Grocery Shoppers!

Apr 8, 2020, 4:20 PM

Bi-Lo needs to close down and stop pretending. They can join JCP, Sears and K-Mart as store that lost their vision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 11:14 PM

There are 4 Bi-Lo locations near me. The one almost directly across from Publix is actually a pretty nice store but I rarely go there since Publix is right there. The ones near the school and the Y are ok, but the one that would be most convenient got so bad about 5 years ago that I haven't been back.

Never seen those pull carts you are talking about...

Apr 8, 2020, 4:34 PM

Then again, we don't have any Bi-Lo's near us. We have Food Lion and Ingles - both of which have the bigger metal shopping carts that have been in use forever. Food Lion has a full time designated employee standing in the cart area sanitizing the carts after each use - good idea in my opinion. I've also noticed that all the grocery stores and Lowes have installed plexiglass shields in front of the cashiers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never seen those pull carts you are talking about...

Apr 8, 2020, 5:01 PM

We have food lion too and they were doing everything you said including spraying the conveyor belts after each customer. They also had tape on the floor 6 feet apart.

Honestly, I have written the store and voiced my opinion to keep this practice in place, at least October through March every year.

Be safe my friend and glad you posted. Don't be a stranger, post more often. You might enjoy it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never seen those pull carts you are talking about...

Apr 8, 2020, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Never seen those pull carts you are talking about... ]

Food Lion also appears to have gotten rid of their smaller shopping carts. I assume only until this passes though.

Me neither, he must live in the Arctic.

Apr 8, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Never seen those pull carts you are talking about... ]

And is used to sled dogs.

Apr 8, 2020, 4:44 PM

More TP for the rest of us

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that’s always gross. Pandemic or not.***

Apr 8, 2020, 4:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 4:55 PM

How many of them died?

Apr 8, 2020, 5:26 PM

That is filthy regardless of the circumstances. I self-scan.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: self-scan.

Apr 9, 2020, 8:17 AM

Because the last ten people at self checkout sanitized everything they scanned?

Re: self-scan.

Apr 9, 2020, 12:04 PM

I sanitized with Clorox wipes prior to scanning. Listen, we are all trying to get through this the best we can. If people want to try to do what is best for themselves while protecting others as well we should not make light of it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 8, 2020, 5:43 PM

People are freaking out over the silliest things these days. I’m not sure how some of you survive outside of your homes. Maybe you should just stay home and clutch those pearls...it’s much safer there.

Might wanna sit this out if you can’t spell “Bi-Lo”.***

Apr 9, 2020, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, reply was to OP.***

Apr 9, 2020, 8:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 5:57 PM

My question... Why are all of y'all going to the grocery in the first place??? I'm shocked. I know in Greenville you can use the instacart app and order everything on line, locally, and it's delivered same day. Delivery charge is $4.99 I think most people tip the driver. Anyway, around here you can use this program with Aldi or Publix.

Tried to use the Kroger app for delivery to my local Walgreens...

Apr 8, 2020, 6:19 PM

They had no delivery times open for the next 10 days.

Thought I would just pick up at Kroger.....no pickup times before Sunday.

I will look into another service....and see hownit goes....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tried to use the Kroger app for delivery to my local Walgreens...

Apr 8, 2020, 7:35 PM

Oh no! I guess as more and more of us begin using services new to us they will become overwhelmed!

I would never use that app for produce or meat.

Apr 8, 2020, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Warning to Bi'Lo Grocery Shoppers! ]

I’m picky about the produce I buy. Many times at the store you have to sort through a lot of sub-par stuff to find a good item. With instagram, they’ll just grab any one and go. And I like to pick out my meat myself, one with the amount of marbling and thickness that I like.

instacart ha***

Apr 8, 2020, 8:23 PM

Reminds me of a time when we had many choices

Apr 9, 2020, 7:27 AM [ in reply to I would never use that app for produce or meat. ]

I was at the grocery store the other day where a couple were discussing a purchase while I was in canned goods section. The guy said any beans except the kidney beans I don't like them. I said well you don't like them this week but if next week that is all that is on the shelf you may like them then. All of us laughed

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Warning to Bi'Lo Grocery Shoppers! ]

Probably because the instant cart people would do what the lady in front of him did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

ignorance causes fear ^^^***

Apr 8, 2020, 6:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: ignorance causes fear ^^^***

Apr 8, 2020, 6:49 PM

We have a lot of super ignorant people where I live. Grocery stores are jammed and very few are wearing masks or gloves. This is why we may have a hard time getting rid of this thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 9:12 PM

smh...of all the people I've seen wearing gloves, I've not see one do so with any idea of why they're wearing gloves. I see them touch a box, touch the cart, touch their pocketbook, touch their credit card, touch their car door, their car keys...all with the gloves on.

This completely negates wearing gloves. The only thing protected is your hand! For gloves to be effective in a grocery store, you'd probably need to change gloves about 6 times.

But hey, if that makes you feel good, you go ahead...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Apr 8, 2020, 11:43 PM

Don't get the point of gloves either. I keep a sanitizing wipe in my hands while shopping then scrub my hands when I get back home.

Apr 9, 2020, 9:39 AM

I can get it done with 4 but you have to be careful and you need sanitizer in one pocket. It's tough, but you're right, a lot do exactly what you said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Order online > pick up at store is your friend***

Apr 8, 2020, 6:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Order online > pick up at store is your friend***

Apr 8, 2020, 11:39 PM

Good Luck getting a pick up time.

I accidentally fell asleep at a urinal today...

Apr 8, 2020, 6:52 PM

And when I fell forward, my you know what touched porcelain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

LOL!***

Apr 8, 2020, 7:09 PM

Re: I accidentally fell asleep at a urinal today...

Apr 9, 2020, 7:37 AM [ in reply to I accidentally fell asleep at a urinal today... ]

Braggart.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to fall so far forward my shirt got wet.***

Apr 9, 2020, 8:09 AM

null

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I accidentally fell asleep at a urinal today...

Apr 10, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to I accidentally fell asleep at a urinal today... ]

Was the porcelain COLD?? Brrrrr! Ha

Publix is doing the best of all IMO with common sense

Apr 8, 2020, 7:07 PM

measures to prevent spreading microbes. I'm also impressed with 7 eleven and their plastic barriers with real Covid 19 education about handwashing and running fever etc. Amazing that 7-eleven is educating the public more on this than the MSM. All we get from them are the death numbers.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Re: Publix is doing the best of all IMO with common sense

Apr 8, 2020, 11:52 PM

Yes my Publix this evening spraying and wiping down carts at the door,employees visible in store wiping things down, Arrows on floor with aisles running one way, Plexiglass shields between cashier and customer, 6 ft distance markers on floor in checkout lanes. They have won me over forever.

Apr 8, 2020, 7:24 PM

Maybe talk to a manager and actual help the situation??

Hate to break it to you. But odds are 100 times greater

Apr 8, 2020, 9:18 PM

you will inhale the virus in there than get it from that grocery conveyor belt.

Just wear a mask in there. Gloves if possible. Of not don't touch anything but the food you get off the shelf. Use a Clorox wipe to type in your pin. When you get home carefully wipe off each item with disinfecting wipes and put away.

But the odds are far greater you will get it from breathing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to break it to you. But odds are 100 times greater

Apr 9, 2020, 9:43 AM

That's exactly why I've advocated since February that everyone should be wearing masks. Wouldn't bother me if stores made that mandatory every flu season.

Been to many Bi-Lo stores & never

Apr 8, 2020, 9:28 PM

have seen a pull cart- always 2 sizes of normal push carts

Re: Been to many Bi-Lo stores & never have seen a pull cart

Apr 9, 2020, 8:24 AM

What I've seen are the regular plastic baskets, but with wheels and a wagon-style handle for people who are "just getting a few things" and have no idea that a gallon of milk and a dozen 14-oz cans will weigh close to 20 lbs.

Apr 9, 2020, 6:30 AM

Around 1995 at the old BiLo in Clemson, I witnessed a mother pick up her barefoot toddler child and let him stand on the conveyor belt...with streaks of diarrhea running down his legs from his diaper.

I sh*t you not.

Apr 9, 2020, 11:31 PM

Freak out. Let’s all freak out

Apr 10, 2020, 1:53 PM

Sh#t is not a vegetable, son...

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic