Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stay classy Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 6,298

Stay classy Clemson

Sep 10, 2017, 7:59 AM

My favorite part about being a clemson fan is how awesome the fan base is. Every where i go people always tell me that we have the nicest fans in the country. Couple things that im seeing that are starting to bug me. I think we need to pull the reins in on the taunting stuff. Last week the spells out 31-0... this week the student section is cheering "na na na, hey hey goodbye". Although neither of these examples are eregious, this is how the path to becomeing a typical a-hole fan base starts (ie carolina fans)We are an elite program now and IMO we need to act like we have been there before (because we have). We are Clemson. We have the best game atmosphere in the country with the best fans, lets stay that way...Stay classy Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was okay with the cheer after Auburn took a cheap shot on Bryant.***

Sep 10, 2017, 8:01 AM

Re: I was okay with the cheer after Auburn took a cheap shot on Bryant.***

Sep 10, 2017, 8:09 AM

^^^this

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so thirsty for some reason***

Sep 10, 2017, 8:03 AM

I hope we didn't hurt their feelings

Sep 10, 2017, 8:05 AM

we've been singing that song forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

03 FSU for one***

Sep 10, 2017, 9:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Stay classy Clemson

Coot fans didn't become an " a-hole " fan base by winning at football .
You're mention of them was counter to the logic you pursued.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Really? The band was celebrating

Last season's championship run. 31 - 0 was a big part of that narrative and a great win in Clemson history. And "hey, hey, goodbye" is a oldy but goody that, I think, we did in the 70s when I was a student. Looks like good, clean fun to me!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 8:09 AM

The 31-0 was in celebration of our National Title and he cheer was pretty much a response to the dirty AU hit.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:13 AM

Well for one, the only reason the student section started singing that song was because of the play before. Kelly Bryant kneeled the ball and an Auburn DE took a complete cheap shot on Bryant. He should have been kicked out of the game. But that is what started those chants

Sep 10, 2017, 8:22 AM

They should have called targeting on Auburn for that hit. Talk about a defenseless player.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:35 AM

The band spelling out 31-0 was only part of the halftime narrative of the ACC & National Calhampionship journey. Typical media sensationalism. As far as the NANANANA, it's kinda part of college football. I had no problem with either

Wanted to make my reply much more CLASSLESS

Sep 10, 2017, 8:43 AM

31-0 was part of a performance celebrating 2016. 35-31 was also displayed. Give me a break with 31-0, you don't know what you're talking about. As for the student section....FFS they are 18-22 year old college kids. Just need something to ##### about? Take it somewhere else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wanted to make my reply much more CLASSLESS

Sep 10, 2017, 8:49 AM

Stay classy? Did you mean for that to be directed toward the Auburn section in upper deck? Worst fans I've seen in years.

We sang "na na hey hey"

Sep 10, 2017, 8:44 AM

on those rare occasions when we won a game when I was in school in the early 70's.

And the 31-0 was not taunting; it was part of the recap of the 2016 championship season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Give me a break.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 8:51 AM

I'm gonna straddle the fence on this one (hey, I'm a Libra and we're non-confrontational.... just ask @Tigerbalm1® !).

While I also agree we're starting to show some obnoxious tendencies (ala coots, buckis, etc.), HOWEVER, the cheap shot on KB - reminiscent of the Kyle Parker spearing and injury - REALLY pissed off the entire stadium of CLEMSON Tigers, so nana-heyhey was actually very mild compared to what yours truly wanted to see happen to that (Auburn) dude. So I also agree with most of the previous replies defending our fans and band, too.

Plus, I might be running for a political office one day and I can't afford to alienate any potential voters ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Tell em, coot!***

Sep 10, 2017, 8:58 AM

I wake up and this is what's posted on tigernet? FFS.***

Sep 10, 2017, 9:10 AM

There's something in these hills.

Sep 10, 2017, 9:13 AM

Auburn got a little sassy, and the fans let them know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If singing the "Goodbye" song and

Sep 10, 2017, 9:18 AM

The Tiger band spelling out 31-0 doesn't sit well with the OP, then maybe OP should take up water painting or needle point quilting...

Lighten up Francis. Nothing new. I attended BBall

Sep 10, 2017, 9:25 AM

Games in the 70s when woukd shake keys when we were beating a great team at the end.

Sep 10, 2017, 9:30 AM

Call me a millennial I guess but how is the band spelling out the score to the semifinal game in a show dedicated to the national championship run classless? Would it be different had the score been 31-30 and they spelled that? It's not our fault O310 St laid a goose egg. Facts are facts and you can't change history.

Sep 10, 2017, 9:44 AM

Jeebus! There are so many protectors of snowflakes, we should be smack in the middle of an ice age by now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 9:49 AM

Hey Op. you must not have been sitting near the AU fans. We could have all turned and spit on them and still been more "classy" than them. They were almost as bad as the Louisville fans.

Sep 10, 2017, 9:51 AM

We have a good fan base but we are overrated as to how classy we are. Heck most fans just here on Tiger net are self righteous tools lol. Just being honest

We sang "Na Na hey hey kiss him goodbye" by Steam

Sep 10, 2017, 10:54 AM

At a basketball game in 1973

Replies: 26
| visibility 6,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic