Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Want to know why ESPN Prime Time chose Buckies & Purdue over Clemson & Ncst?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Want to know why ESPN Prime Time chose Buckies & Purdue over Clemson & Ncst?!

Oct 15, 2018, 11:44 AM

Bucks drew 9.1 Million Viewers for their PennSt game vs our 4.4 MiL for Ta&m game..

and 7.1 MiL for their game with TCU vs our 4.4 MiL for Cuse.

$ Speak!

And we are still a small fish in a larger pond when it comes to size of the Univ, Grads, Student Body, Demographics, National Drawing Power & Interest, Etc.

But, Clemson is & has made some mighty good Splashes in recent years & will continue to attract National interest in that Tigers usually play Exciting & Winning Football, DaBO is a Celebrity of sorts, the Fans are Rabid & travel well, Great Brand with Identifiable PAW logo, etc.

Just Keep Winning TiGERS!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of Oscar Meyer hatahs out there. I'm sure all but the

Oct 15, 2018, 12:12 AM

bucknut fans were hoping to see losses on their part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Want to know why ESPN Prime Time chose Buckies & Purdue over Clemson & Ncst?!

Oct 15, 2018, 11:50 AM

and that's just the Ohio St fans in South Carolina

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told them I wouldn't watch any more Star Wars movies

Oct 15, 2018, 11:52 AM

if they put the game on before 3:30 or after 6.

i didnt want to be mean but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

They'd get more viewers for an 8pm with a split telecast

Oct 15, 2018, 3:19 PM

than they'll get this week at 8pm. The OSU audiences have been impressive as they should be you're also comparing apples to oranges. I don't think TCU vs OSU had another game on except perhaps Bama Ole Miss which was over immediately. I'm not sure what the OSU - PSU was up against but was a top 10 matchup. Both games were NETWORK not Cable games. The Clemson-TAM is still the highest Sat Night cable game of the season. The FSU-VT cable game is the highest cable game of any this season. Lastly - SU vs CU can't be compared to any you mentioned as it was a different timeslot. I think at the time and possibly still is was highest rate Noon game of the year.

They evidently need Clemson to carry the 3:30 slot- not sure who is playing elsewhere, because if it was about maximizing the 8pm then Clemson vs NCSU would be on in the SE market on ABC and OSU elsewhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Want to know why ESPN Prime Time chose Buckies & Purdue over Clemson & Ncst?!

Oct 15, 2018, 5:49 PM

Good effort, but your argument is flawed...

You are right Ohio State vs Penn State outdrew Clemson vs Texas A&M

Ohio State vs Penn State was a top 10 matchup drew a 6.1 rating.

That game was on ABC - a channel in every home with a TV. Only percentage of American homes carry ESPN. There's almost no chance Clemson vs Texas A&M could out draw it. That game was with an unranked Aggie Team too.

A better example is Clemson vs Louisville from 2016 - A similar top 10 matchup. It had 6.0 rating on ABC.

Almost as good as your Big 10 game.

Clemson and NC State got screwed plain and simple, and there was no rational reason for it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic