Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn

Aug 21, 2018, 4:07 PM

A caller on Walt's show today challenged the myth that Walt has spewed since last bowl season, that UCF eviscerated Auburn in their bowl game, particularly in the second half. The caller mentioned that the second half score was 21-21, to which Walt replied that he watched the game, and that he could look up the box score, but that the domination was more than what the score would indicate.

Well, I did look up the box score. Auburn outgained UCF 421-411 in the game. The second half that Walt references as domination for UCF... the two teams both gained 270 yards a piece. The difference in the game that led to the 7-point win for UCF was simply turnovers... Auburn had 3 and UCF had 1.

To say Walt is full of it when it comes to his recollection of this game is an understatement.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn

Aug 21, 2018, 4:25 PM

Walt is never wrong. Ever. Just ask him.

That’s seriously the shows tag line. That’s his thing, and why I don’t listen. Some people eat that up and Walt isn’t unique in his condescending style.

To each their own. I would hate for that to be what I was known for...being an ###.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt: “lines are backed up and we will get to you John

Aug 21, 2018, 6:35 PM

right after this.” 10 minutes later he finally comes back on and rants about his brilliance then has to cut to a commercial. I estimate anyone that calls in has to wait a minimum of 20 minutes to get in. He then says “we have some open lines.” That’s because the callers finally said F$#k Walt and hung up.

It is advertised as a call in show. During his timeframe on air, I wonder how many calls he actually takes.

Claims to have so many callers, yet the same ones get in...

Aug 21, 2018, 7:09 PM

everyday. HMMM.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 4:47 PM

Believe me, as a Georgia fan I hate Auburn but...I think UCF caught a pretty demoralized and perhaps indifferent Auburn who had beaten their two biggest rivals, yet watched them play for the NC. No way UCF beats the Auburn that beat Bama and absolutely trucked UGA in the regular season.

A logical thinking Dawg fan

Aug 21, 2018, 6:02 PM

Who would've thunk it

;)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I tend to agree with this Dawg

Aug 21, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn ]

You're allowed to stay unless you become delusional. Again I agree with you though that Auburn the entire game looked like they simply did not care and expected to win big, UCF played their hearts out.

Aug 21, 2018, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn ]

That Auburn team only existed inside Jordan-Hare Stadium. We should have been more aggressive in putting that game away offensively.

Aug 22, 2018, 7:41 AM

I agree but it was Kelly B’s first start. I think he was playing it safe and trying to make sure Clemson didn’t lose because of him. I think this year we will see a different KB who will rely on his position players a lot more. Clemson should easily beat any team on the schedule right now by 21 easy. But they have to show up every week and I hope they do cause it could be a really special year if Clemson comes out swinging.

Aug 21, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn ]

Look.... a sec fan protecting and making excuses for a sec team.

When does it count?

When a team from the sec loses it’s always an excuse to why.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:31 PM

Great post

Aug 22, 2018, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn ]

Easy pal...the win counts. Now, if you think that win makes UCF the National Champ or better than that Auburn team, good on ya. As for SEC teams, they lose for the reasons all teams lose, they get outplayed.

I hope those clarifications help you feel better.

UCF was better than Auburn

Aug 22, 2018, 10:03 AM

But not by much.

Does that make them national champs? No, but they were better than Auburn.

Excuses < Scoreboard

Aug 22, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn ]

I still maintain that 2018 ended without a national champion. UCF, Clemson, UGA, and Oklahoma had the most complete resume's for that playoff.

Alabama had a great season record with a SOS ranked in the mid 60's, and they were clobbered by the only ranked team they played. They were also ineligible to play for their conference championship.

Had UCF been obliterated by Auburn, I wouldn't be saying this. But UCF beat Auburn, and they matched Auburn's abilities on the field, pound for pound, and exceeded what Auburn was capable of.

I would argue that the Alabama is not the champion and that the title should be split between UCF and UGA.

Aug 21, 2018, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt's delusion that UCF "eviscerated" Auburn ]

They didn't wanna be there ?
Got it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 21, 2018, 5:46 PM

I value what spews out of his mouth as much as I do with Todd Ellis. Every other show on WCCP is great, except for him.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:34 PM

Nah quack and kelly suck. So does the coot before them

Regardless, we need to expand the playoff to eight.***

Aug 21, 2018, 5:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eight would water it down too much

Aug 21, 2018, 6:07 PM

Maybe 6, with the two top seeds getting a first round bye. There are generally not more than 4-6 teams that have a legitimate shot at a NC at the FBS level

Re: Eight would water it down too much

Aug 21, 2018, 6:17 PM

Idk of a year where all 4 teams realistically had a chance at winning it all... The gap between number 1 and number 8 is ridiculous. Do you think OSU UCF Wisconsin or PSU could have handled Bama? What about PSU (who lost to the team that lost to #2 by 50) OU Wisconsin or Michigan competing with Clemson in 2016? It's just not happening due to the difference in strength.

I would say you are correct

Aug 21, 2018, 6:38 PM

Last year was the only year of the CFP that all 4 teams were close to equal

I think Penn State had a really high ceiling last year

Aug 22, 2018, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Eight would water it down too much ]

They blew the game at Ohio State and laid an egg at Michigan State in a crazy weather game, but their offense was capable of putting up points on anyone. On the right day they could've beaten Bama. They play the right offensive style to do it, certainly.

Aug 21, 2018, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Eight would water it down too much ]

In a manner of speaking, Bama got a bye last year by not playing in that extra game that the other 3 had to play in. For that reason, I think it needs to remain at 4 teams, and ALL teams must win their CC game. NO exceptions - even for Bama.

Aug 21, 2018, 8:00 PM

Question, so if we play at FSU and lose on a last second field goal in 2016 per say because DW4 got a concussion and didn't play. We win out only for FSU to lose to VT who had 2 losses just as FSU had. You'd say Clemson no longer deserved it for losing at FSU without DW4? I think Michigan State over Ohio State in 2015 is MORE than enough reason to dispute that claim, they as well as Iowa who they played for the Big Ten CC were both demolished in their bowl game very badly. Ohio State put a throttling on ND that year and would've at least put up a fight against Alabama unlike MSU..

Yeah I'm 100% against putting hard restrictions on

Aug 22, 2018, 7:56 AM

the pool of potential playoff teams. IMO Bama 100% deserved to be in the playoff last year and they proved it by throttling us and then beating Georgia. Everyone knew they were one of the 4 best teams. I know on selection day i was sitting on my couch with my fingers crossed that the selection committee would do something dumb and pick Ohio State over Bama because i knew we could beat Ohio State but Bama would be much, much more difficult (especially with the offense we were running last year).

Anyway, i think the committee has done a pretty good job overall.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Eight would water it down too much ]

You’re exactly right about this. With only 4 spots, the CC games HAVE to mean something. Otherwise why play them?

Why?***

Aug 21, 2018, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Regardless, we need to expand the playoff to eight.*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regardless, we need to expand the playoff to eight.***

Aug 21, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Regardless, we need to expand the playoff to eight.*** ]

Why do bama and another SEC team is assured of getting in

Walt's delusions

Aug 21, 2018, 7:13 PM

Isn't that the name of the show?

Aug 21, 2018, 8:13 PM

I hate walt. I wish they would fire him

Aug 21, 2018, 9:32 PM

Did beat the mighty SEC ? Then how is he wrong. Lol they lost

Aug 21, 2018, 9:35 PM

He's wrong because he claimed that Auburn was absolutely dominated in the second half, yet they scored the same amount of points and gained the same amount of yards as UCF in that half.

null

Aug 21, 2018, 9:39 PM

Does that make you feel better that you lost to UFC. Lmao

Why does anyone ever listen to Walt?

Aug 22, 2018, 7:22 AM

By the way - if Walt is such a sports genius why doesn't he take his ego to Vegas and make millions off his prognostications? The truth is that you can flip a coin and be as accurate as Walt on his predictions.

Walt is a narcissistic nauseating tool whose radio voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard. Seriously - how does anyone with that nasally headache inducing voice get an on-air radio job? If people stopped tuning in to this bloviating clown the station might actually get the message and put someone else on the air.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does anyone ever listen to Walt?

Aug 22, 2018, 7:35 AM

WALT IS VERY ENAMORED WITH HIMSELF. AND HE MIGHT AS WELL BE A PARROT. HE SAYS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.......

Is this to say

Aug 22, 2018, 10:48 AM

None of the football fans here have never watched a game where one team dominated the other, yet the final score doesn't equal an ### wooping? I for one can name two that come to mind in recent years. Clemson in cootville 2015. And Clemson vs North Carolina in the ACC championship. Both came down to onside kicks, yet it wasn't really that close.
But hey if this is a bash Walt post then go fer it.

Listen to WNCW during that time then.***

Aug 22, 2018, 10:49 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic