Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt said today that ETN was the best RB talent in Clemson history.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Walt said today that ETN was the best RB talent in Clemson history.

Sep 29, 2017, 4:29 PM

He cited that he is a mix of CJ, Gallman, and Allen. Having the best qualities of all 3. I know this is a very bold statement.

Agree or disagree Tnet?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That remains to be seen.

Sep 29, 2017, 4:31 PM

ENT sure has the potential.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he said that, then it further illustrates his arrogance

Sep 29, 2017, 4:32 PM

I am excited as anyone about ETN, but to make a statement like that based on the sample size is nothing short of arrogant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he said that, then it further illustrates his arrogance

Sep 29, 2017, 5:05 PM

I'd prefer the word ignorant!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a difference between saying he's the most

Sep 30, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to If he said that, then it further illustrates his arrogance ]

talented ever, and saying he's the best Clemson RB ever. Saying he's the best talent ever doesn't require him to have played at Clemson at all, so it's a fair statement.

Re: Walt said today that ETN was the best RB talent in Clemson history.

Sep 29, 2017, 4:33 PM

Agree...provisionally.

He would seem to have the speed and acceleration of Spiller.

He seems to have Gallman's ability to stick his foot in the ground and explode through the hole.

He seems to have Terry Allen's almost freakish contact balance and ability to pinball off hits.

That said...

...he still has to go do it.

But durn if he hasn't got an incredibly exciting skillset.

Sep 29, 2017, 4:38 PM

I will have to agree to a point. With the small sample size, he has shown an incredible skill set of power, acceleration, top end speed, vision, the ability to win one on one battles. However, this has mostly been done against worn out defenses and in clean up time. It remains to be seen if this same ability can be displayed against defenses with fresh legs under them. Once he starts carrying the ball earlier in games we will see. I have to admit ETN is an exciting player and has all the potential in the world to be a top class RB and one of the best in Clemson history.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt said today that ETN was the best RB talent in Clemson history. ]

That's exactly how I observe him so far. I was old enough to appreciate Terry Allen was a hit the hole quick and ran with power through contact, also great vision/feel, didn't have break way speed. Spiller was a make you miss break away speed guy but lacked vision and ability to accelerate through contact, Gallman was tough, great instincts, ran hard but obviously wasn't a break away guy. I look at etn and see the positives of all three, if he stays healthy and gets better....damnnn

Agree/disagree based on 4 games vs. careers of other

Sep 29, 2017, 4:34 PM

players?

Yes, and I know how asinine that sounds.

Sep 29, 2017, 4:36 PM

I'm expecting mixed reviews

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious... what is the likeness to...

Sep 29, 2017, 4:36 PM

Gallman? Not trying to argue the point... Wayne showed he would fight for each yard when wrapped up and was great at blocking for Deshaun. However, I haven't seen Etienne in on many passing plays and the defenders seem to just bounce off him.

Disagree***

Sep 29, 2017, 4:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 4:49 PM

Walt has been clamoring for Etienne to be the starter since week 1 and it fell on deaf ears until about the Louisville game. He makes some real bold predictions and I find the guy ungodly hard to listen to, but he has a pretty decent eye for talent. So we shall see.

Sep 29, 2017, 4:51 PM

He wouldn't be that bad if half of his show wasn't him giving himself a pat on the back.

The other day he said he noticed Khareem Hunt's talent as a freshman at Toledo. It's nonsense like that which makes him unbearable.

He does have a solid knowledge of vast sports history though, and he does a wonderful job on his tributes/fundraising shows for things like 9/11, toy drives around Christmas, etc.

Sep 29, 2017, 4:53 PM

Maybe he noticed him in his last year or something, but nobody is noticing a freshman running back at Toledo. Heck, most NFL scouts apparently didn't even notice the kid from Toledo.

It's WAY TOO EARLY to be making that kind.........

Sep 29, 2017, 4:51 PM

of statement/prediction. We need more time to see if he's better that Wayne Gallman, CJ, Terry Allen, or a number of other top backs we've had. He's only four games into his career.

Technically he said ETN has the most talent

Sep 29, 2017, 4:52 PM

And clarified that he does not think ETN is the greatest because that has to be proven over time.

ETN is very talented. I don’t know about Walt’s claim, but I’m not ready to say he’s not right (about ETN).

And then his show crashed and burned because the audio dropped and I got to listen to some New Yorker for awhile.

Re: Technically he said ETN has the most talent

Sep 29, 2017, 4:57 PM

I haven't seen enough to tell me he's the best, but I haven't seen anything that tells me he is not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too early to say . . . but Walt rooutinely touts players

Sep 29, 2017, 5:07 PM

to a certain degree, then if they don't pan out (which happens) you don't hear anything more from him. But, if they blow up, then he vastly overstates how he was among the first "analysts" to recognize and predict greatness for that player.

Personally I think ETN could turn out to be among the greatest Clemson RBs, possibly the greatest, but that's no big stretch now, is it? Ask me again after the season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

he actually said that few days ago..time

Sep 29, 2017, 5:15 PM

Will tell.

Absolutely NO firm evidence at this point in time

Sep 29, 2017, 5:28 PM

What in the world is he basing that assessment on?

The kid has under 40 snaps, most of them in garbage time.

He's yet to score a truly meaningful touch down.

He's yet to catch a pass out of the back field.

He's yet to be in the game in pass protection in a critical situation.

Maybe Walt will be proven correct, but as of how, it's just a bunch of his usual hyperbole.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely NO firm evidence at this point in time

Sep 29, 2017, 5:31 PM

The potential certainly appears to be there, but I agree. Let's wait a beat or two before we anoint him.

Walt sounds like a typical T-Net poster

Sep 29, 2017, 5:30 PM

We can't have freshmen with potential. They are all either all Americans, or busts.

3 words...

Sep 29, 2017, 5:33 PM

I hope so

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 5:44 PM

He certainly hits the hole faster than any running back I've ever seen...I'm not sure why he wasn't the best running back outta high school....we are fortunate to have his wonderfully smiling face and attitude at Clemson...and thank you to his parents for the gift you allowed us to receive....

Sep 29, 2017, 5:53 PM

He has tremendous potential but I believe that statement is quite premature.

He's played, what, three games?

Sep 29, 2017, 9:27 PM

Bright and up and coming star, that's for sure.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:33 PM

He’s right. Might be. Time will tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2017, 8:31 AM

Guess we'll find out tonight ....but just opinion is that he hits the hole quicker than anyone I've seen....no stutter steps just pure QUICK!!

Sep 30, 2017, 8:51 AM

Sometimes I rhyme slow sometimes I rhyme quick 

Still waiting on a highlight of him making a block***

Sep 30, 2017, 9:06 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt is kind of a jack off..

Sep 30, 2017, 9:10 AM

but i hope he is right!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1