Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt said South Carolina is loaded at receiver
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Walt said South Carolina is loaded at receiver

Jul 25, 2018, 6:16 PM

Dee I will get hurt. Edwards is a possession receiver. She Smith is decent. Ortre Smith is slow.

The Gamecocks remind me of a sales guy trying to keep his job. “ Next quarter is going to be huge!”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walt said South Carolina is loaded at receiver

Jul 25, 2018, 6:16 PM

Deebo

Jul 25, 2018, 6:33 PM

Those are 2 really really good WRs and 2 with great potential.

Jul 26, 2018, 2:55 PM

Edwards is not really really good.

Compared to their history they are.***

Jul 25, 2018, 6:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Doesn’t matter how good the WRs are

Jul 25, 2018, 6:37 PM

If the QB is flat on his back eating the ball.

Jul 25, 2018, 6:41 PM

I hope Deebo doesn't get hurt. Sounds like you do too

That is strong group.***

Jul 25, 2018, 6:42 PM

Jul 25, 2018, 6:48 PM

Maybe what Walt meant was they have a good group as far as the mighty SEC is concerned. Deebo is a cute player who might provide some good depth at the 2 but isn’t beating out Amari coming off of an injury and fully healthy isn’t in the same realm of talent as DK.
Edwards I assume is the second best WR? He is so good he had a safety offer to Clemson so his ability to compete against Tee, Trevion, Overton and company isn’t really debatable. The third option Shi Smith couldn’t get any offer to Clemson so he definitely wouldn’t compete.

Other than that ya they are pretty darn good. Add in the immense talent at QB for SCar and combined those receivers could top 100 yards against Clemson this year (combining their stats from previous 2 games of course)

Jul 25, 2018, 7:57 PM

Clemson didn’t land these guys bc we found better WRs out of state but that doesn’t take away their ability. They do have some good wrs but we got a great defense, just bc Walt praised them doesn’t mean they are going to beat us or anything. No need to bash the kids bc they play for Coots if we didn’t land tee or Amari I know we would have went after and would have got those same guys so they are good wrs. But not on level with ours go Tigers!!!

Jul 25, 2018, 8:08 PM

Hey I did say they had a few cute receivers to my credit. That’s my way of not bashing them. I said they were good for SEC receivers... just happens that puts them 3 or 4 on each of our WR positional depth chart.

Jul 25, 2018, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt said South Carolina is loaded at receiver ]

You sound like a homer. Edwards is better than Overton and Thompson. Overton has a chance to prove me wrong this yr, but until then Edwards>>

Idk if Amari is better than Deebo yet. One is coming off an injury and other is a 1st time starter. I'm looking fwd to seeing both stats after this yr.

Edwards better than Overton & TT??

Jul 25, 2018, 8:14 PM

Say what?

Both of those guys would have been 3 year starters by this point had they been at SC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Edwards better than Overton & TT??

Jul 25, 2018, 8:58 PM

Edwards would've passed both Overton and Thompson on the depth chart. I get it it's not kool to say anyone of that team is good. I'm not gonna argue about who's better. Overton has a chance to prove his worth this yr. Until then Edwards is better than both and right now it's not close.

Jul 25, 2018, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Edwards better than Overton & TT?? ]

Yes I agree CU2013. Don’t confuse stats wit talent. Overton and TT couldn’t get on the field due to the talent ahead of them. However, they both are more talented and absolutely would start over Edwards. Edwards just has the fortune of having no one else to challenge him at the 9. He’s a good athlete, which is why he had an offer to play safety for us.

..and there you have it in a Watermelon shell.***

Jul 25, 2018, 9:10 PM

Jul 26, 2018, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Edwards better than Overton & TT?? ]

Lmao. Overton has tons of talent but he is right. Edwards is the better WR of the 3 without question. Just because we offered as a S instead does not mean he didn't turn out to he a dang good wr. Now Thompson and Overton may show us something great this year to close the gap on this argument.

Edwards has outperformed

Jul 26, 2018, 7:31 AM

TT and Overton on the field no doubt. But if the roles were reversed either one of our guys would’ve had just as much production. Edwards hasn’t had to fight 5 star guys on the depth chart he was a starter from day 1 basically.

Who here would actually say Edwards would be a starter for us? And Deebo is a fantastic returner and a good slot receiver, but I don’t think he’s a guy that can put a whole team on his back and carry them to victory over a team with substance.

Remember they also lost Hurst who Bentley loves to use as a safety valve.

Re: Edwards has outperformed

Jul 26, 2018, 8:29 AM

Not many good WRs can put a team on their back and carry them to a W over a good team. Deebo did do it last year tho so give him credit. We were lucky enough to have Sammy, Nuk, and Williams come through who could do that. Not sure if Edwards would start for us this year as I do believe Higgins has more talent but Edwards would be fighting for that spot. The kid is dang good with amazing potential to be a good NFL WR.

Jul 26, 2018, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Edwards better than Overton & TT?? ]

Edwards is a stud. He is going in the top 2 rounds of the NFL draft when he goes more than likely, at worst 3rd I bet. Deebo Samuel is going ahead of him maybe. The Coots have good WR's.

Jul 26, 2018, 7:52 AM

"Edwards is a stud. He is going in the top 2 rounds of the NFL draft when he goes more than likely, at worst 3rd I bet. Deebo Samuel is going ahead of him maybe. "

Carlsbad - I want to agree here as both are very good at WR. I have to disagree because their body of work might not be good enough to go that high. USUC has to beat some QUALITY teams like UGA and CLEMSON and those guys excel in those games against good defenses. I don't see USUC doing that, so those two guys might wilt on the vine at draft time. You probably don't have to look any further than our own Deon Cain not getting drafted very high like he probably should have. His body of work was lacking due to the lack of awesome catches, etc.

JMO though, and I haven't slept at Holiday Inn Express lately, so I might be wrong.

Jul 26, 2018, 8:32 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

I am not alone. They come from a junk program, with terrible OL, and an average QB, but they are studs at WR.

Jul 26, 2018, 8:43 AM

Some people just cannot give credit where it is due. They argue our guys stats would be as good if not better if they were in Edwards position at Usuck. I don't know what his stats are and do not care. If you watch a game you can look at him and see that he is an NFL talent at wr.

Jul 26, 2018, 8:51 AM

Exactly

Jul 26, 2018, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Edwards better than Overton & TT?? ]

You sound like your recruiting for SCar. A decent player going to a bad team can make them look great, but they would still be well down the depth chart at Clemson. I'm not 100% convinced Deebo would see much PT after his injury. Amari and Derion Kendrick are both stars. No Clemson receiver will see the production, due to depth, but if one does then our offense is blowing people off the field.

null

Jul 26, 2018, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Edwards better than Overton & TT?? ]

You think Edwards will go in the second round or better, more than likely, and Deon Cain and Ray Ray went in the 6th round?

Want to make a $100 bet that Edwards goes in the top 3 rounds?

You said you'd bet.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 25, 2018, 7:08 PM

Okay I wouldn’t take it that far now. They’re pretty deep at wideout 1-4. But after that they fall off and that’s why we win 12+ games while their stuck winning 8

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 7:44 PM

If they had a qb to get them the ball, they might be decent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They More Remind Me of a Finance Manager That Thinks

Jul 25, 2018, 7:45 PM

They know something about business but only can spew quips and quotes they hear from those that deliver.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 7:54 PM

Yep, they have an entire team that excels at receiving beat downs.

Well, they had a loaded coach for years.....

Jul 25, 2018, 8:16 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coots being loaded at receiver...

Jul 25, 2018, 8:30 PM

is like Mark Richt owning a snowmobile in Miami.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coots being loaded at receiver...

Jul 26, 2018, 7:55 AM

...or like driving a Porsche 911 turbo in heavy traffic. :)

oh wait...make that a Honda Civic.

JK - those guys will be fine and have a good year IMO.

Why will Deebo get hurt?

Jul 25, 2018, 8:51 PM

People said the same thing about Watson after his FR year and then he played two brilliant seasons without missing a game.

Re: Deebo will get hurt

Jul 25, 2018, 9:35 PM

Because they will overuse him.

The Gamecocks are always looking to take shortcuts, and they want their fans to get excited, so they will take their one player with star power and anoint him their designated star. He is a legitimate threat to go the distance on any play, like Spiller without as much speed. So in typical Gamecock fashion, they will try to use their "home run hitter" every At Bat. All those other guys that could be threats if their offense knew how to distribute the ball will not reach their potential with Deebo on the field.

Now they might have a real OC this year, so it's too early to say; but Muschamp is always inclined to give the fans what they want. And what they want is a star they can promote. Gamecock fans are wannabes, so they are gonna hitch their wagon to Deebo and hope he survives.

They've been this way since at least the days of George Rogers. That's when i noticed, and it's never changed, even through coaching changes. It's just their sad culture. And they frequently get their stars hurt.

Re: Deebo will get hurt

Jul 26, 2018, 2:52 PM

This.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 9:07 PM

Connor Shaw is probably my all time favorite gamecock player. That kid was a baller. Play maker.

Jul 25, 2018, 9:13 PM

Not sure what this has to do with their average WR group but I can respect that. I hate Connor Shaw in a good way that I respect his game and he seems like a good guy, meaning I don’t actually hate him just hard to give him credit bc he beat our tails. He reminds me of a less talented Deshaun. Knew every time he had the ball he was gonna give it is all to win. If he was blessed with the talent of Deshaun those 2 would have had epic battles.

Walt says GT is our biggest threat in the ACC every year

Jul 25, 2018, 9:12 PM

EVERY YEAR!
Walt has no credibility

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're the best receiving corps in all 'Merica.

Jul 25, 2018, 9:12 PM

'Cept no one will ever know it 'cause their numbers will just be average.

Jul 26, 2018, 7:14 AM

They have great WR's. They do.

Jul 26, 2018, 8:01 AM

Why are you so insecure about USC?

You can acknowledge we have some real nice pieces at WR while at the same time acknowledging Clemson as a team is still at least 3 scores better than we are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jul 26, 2018, 8:41 AM

Why would we worry about a school in California? We aren't insecure about them or any school for that matter. As far as the South Carolina Gamecocks, we don't like to give you guys credit. I don't mind though. You have really good wr's. Everyone who follows closely knows that. The rest of your team sucks though.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

Jul 26, 2018, 2:31 PM

I would second your comments about Southern Cal. Why in the world would we be concerned with them?

Regarding USuCk, well, bless their little chicken hearts. They're nothing but a bunch of losers with a 'Bama mouth and a Vandy trophy case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Compared to what they've had in the past, sure I'll buy

Jul 26, 2018, 2:29 PM

that. Compared to us? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Screw Calford.

They should be okay vs. Kentucky and Vandy. LMFAO***

Jul 26, 2018, 2:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't get the ball to them with Bentley laying on his ###***

Jul 26, 2018, 2:49 PM

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic