Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt Deptula
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Walt Deptula

Nov 3, 2014, 6:23 PM

Why do people think that Walt is a credible sports talk show host? He thinks Paul Johnson is the best football coach in the country, he kept going on and on that FSU was going to lose to Louisville, and he thought Auburn was going to go undefeated and go to the national championship. Auburns defense has been giving up points left and right and barely won the last two games by a 4 and 5 coot team and ole miss. How can anyone take what he says seriously and how he has listeners is beyond me. I can't imagine how anyone with an IQ over 100 could listen to anything he says.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you are listening.***

Nov 3, 2014, 6:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does he keep getting mentioned on T-Net?

Nov 3, 2014, 6:32 PM

Are you guys on his payroll?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone has to tell us where to get

Nov 3, 2014, 9:38 PM

mattresses, mobile home supplies, and calzones the size of footballs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Ha. For somebody who doesn't listen and is encouraging

Nov 3, 2014, 6:34 PM

others to not listen, you sure seem to know what he has said.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I think this Walt character has several T-Net handles

Nov 3, 2014, 6:37 PM

to promote his own show.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ha. For somebody who doesn't listen and is encouraging

Nov 3, 2014, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Ha. For somebody who doesn't listen and is encouraging ]

Haven't listened to him in a couple weeks.dont plan on listening to him anymore. If I want inaccurate information I will talk to a coot fan. Pandora radio or 560 The Team are much better to listen to. If you guys like to listen to inaccurate uniformed talk then keep at it listening to the "northern Tennessee" talk show host.

Nov 3, 2014, 8:20 PM

Actually he didn't say Auburn would go undefeated as he doesn't think anyone will. Also he thinks Snyder is the best coach in football.So you're inaccurate about 2 things you said he said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2014, 7:40 PM

I believe he said auburn would go to and win the national championship so your information is inaccurate. After tonight I believe I can safely say they won't even sniff the national championship! Bwahahahahaha!!!! Yeah keep listening to his inaccurate sports information. He's bound to be right one day!

Re: Walt Deptula

Nov 3, 2014, 7:26 PM

Walt is credible.He is never wrong,and when he is,he has an uncanny knack of spinning it in such a way as to make you think you misunderstood him.
Add to that,his opinion is the only one that matters.
I won't say that Walt has an ego,but he disagrees with most every major sports talk show host.
In fact he thinks most of them are morons,
yet he has said he would never work for the big stations like ESPN,or FOX SPORTS.
As far as IQ's go,mine is under 100,but I have learned to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Grade of slaw....***

Nov 3, 2014, 7:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, he thinks Bill Snider is the best football coach.***

Nov 3, 2014, 8:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I think he is. KState never recruits at a high level

Nov 3, 2014, 8:09 PM

yet Snyder has them alway prepared.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: No, he thinks Bill Snider is the best football coach.***

Nov 3, 2014, 8:13 PM [ in reply to No, he thinks Bill Snider is the best football coach.*** ]

Bill Snyder has been coaching for 135 years now. Most people don't realize this, but he was actually John Heisman's high school coach. He's taught legends - he has to know what he's doing.

I might be inclined to agree. Snyder is amazing.***

Nov 4, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to No, he thinks Bill Snider is the best football coach.*** ]

Georgia Tech is the best team in the Coastal

Nov 3, 2014, 8:10 PM

Them and Miami.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Nov 3, 2014, 8:24 PM

Walt is pretty good at analyzing football talent. Not good at football picks. Basketball, I dare to say Walt is one of the best around.I sometimes wonder if Walt is affiliated with Vegas or an organized gambling group.

He has to have some affiliation

Nov 3, 2014, 9:27 PM

How can he make a living with only a 3-7 5 day a week job? He doesn't even write on the side or anything.

Re: He has to have some affiliation

Nov 3, 2014, 9:34 PM

He has ties to the mafia, just listen to his accent. That's the only logical explanation.

That's the dang truth. A hamster could make better football picks, but...

Nov 3, 2014, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt Deptula ]

His basketball picks are insane. If I had a way to bet I would take his BBall picks all day. He's usually around 75% correct or something crazy.

you, and most on this board, don't like him because...

Nov 3, 2014, 8:39 PM

he isn't a homer. He has opinions that are based on his analysis and doesn't pander to you. At least the guy takes the time to come up with original though and isn't afraid to stand behind it. I guarantee you would like him more if his show consisted of; Clemson is the best! Everyone else is mediocre and here's how I can spin that Clemson is just as good if not better, SEC and ESPN are an evil empire.

You might not like it but the fact is; Paul Johnson is a pretty good football COACH. He might not be what is needed of a college coach in that he isn't the best recruiter but I bet if he had Clemson's players he'd be doing alright.

Oh yeah, about Auburn, have they lost?

Re: you, and most on this board, don't like him because...

Nov 3, 2014, 8:40 PM

and by have they lost, I mean the NC? I realize they have lost a game.

That's why I like him. He tries to give an objective

Nov 3, 2014, 10:04 PM [ in reply to you, and most on this board, don't like him because... ]

view. I like guys who seek the truth.

Listening to these coot stations around Columbia makes me want to puke. Their entire agenda is pandering to the lowest denominator of the coot fan base. 107.5 is the worst radio. They're still trying to spin a positive on the coots season. Good gawd it's awful stuff to listen to.

Walt believes what he says and actually studies teams. He does his homework and can break down a teams strengths and weaknesses. He deals with the facts represented in front of him. He's passionate about being right and giving the most accurate information he can come up with. I hate homerism radio. It's awful.

Re: That's why I like him. He tries to give an objective

Nov 4, 2014, 11:26 AM

I've go a bridge to sell you

Nov 3, 2014, 8:43 PM

Wh

Seriously

Nov 4, 2014, 12:59 PM

If you want to know, he's just more entertaining than the other guys. He's well read on all the teams and players, and puts the work in to be knowledgeable and insightful. He also has a great command of language and phrasing. But more than all this, he's got a certain arrogance and competitive opinionism that makes him controversial. The rest of the guys just don't have this. They're agreeable and their subjects are boring, or at least the way they discuss them. He has an "it" factor.

Yes, he's wrong on some things, as you pointed out, but at least he makes a strong stance and puts his neck out there. A lot of the hosts waffle and hedge themselves, and give themselves an out = which is fine for them, but makes poor radio entertainment. But on a lot of things also he's right. For instance, he said at the beginning of the season that Auburn and K State would have really good teams, and that has proven true. Auburn is pretty much as advertised, so is KSU.

He becomes enamored of and betrothed to certain ideas and subjects, ie Paul Johnson's "genius", but we also love to watch him fall from his platforms and then apply his spins to them. This too is entertaining. Its' the best I can explain it.

I don't believe anyone actually thinks that.***

Nov 4, 2014, 1:05 PM

Nov 4, 2014, 2:19 PM

I couldn't tell you. I had some issues with Dan Scott's show but liked it. The day they fired him and kept Walt I ordered Sirius and haven't listened to them since.

Nov 4, 2014, 4:13 PM

I might have to check out Sirius as well. I'm enjoying listening to clemson sports talk on 560 The Team. Right now they're tslking to Will Vandervort about Deshaun Watson playing on Thursday. It's a lot better than anything else during this time slot.

Nov 4, 2014, 4:21 PM

Again if you can't stand him don't listen!!!

Nov 4, 2014, 4:28 PM

Again I'm not listening to him

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic