Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wake Forest Tailgating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,188

Wake Forest Tailgating

Nov 10, 2015, 4:13 PM

Anybody have any advice for the best place to tailgate tomorrow? Is it an all day affair as it is in Clemson? Any specific spots? Any rules we should know about? Tents allowed? Certain spots better than others? Any advice, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wake Forest Tailgating

Nov 18, 2016, 9:02 AM

Easiest spot is at the Joel Coliseum. It's across the street from the football stadium plenty of parking and lots of Tiger folks to hang out with. But it's going to be breezy, so plan accordingly.

See you there!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2016, 9:07 AM

Good call on the breeze!! Knew it was going to be windy but just checked weather again. Might be quite the gusts tomorrow afternoon! See you there! Looking forward to a great game!

Yeah, I'm thinking about tossing common sense...

Nov 18, 2016, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Wake Forest Tailgating ]

...and bringing my 9 year old son on up. Never mind that I have to be back to work at 8 am on Sunday.

We talked about going so long as it wasn't a night game. Well it is, but I think it's time to go anyway.

Gonna need coffee for the trip home, 'cause he'll be snoring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU for dedication.***

Nov 18, 2016, 9:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 18, 2016, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Wake Forest Tailgating ]

And tents are allowed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 18, 2016, 9:06 AM

hahahahahahaha. wake forest tailgating...this made me laugh...thank you.

seriously though, thanks for going and supporting the tigers!

Lawrence Joel Coliseum....

Nov 18, 2016, 9:25 AM

home of Wake Forest basketball. It's right across the street from the football stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Lawrence Joel Coliseum....

Nov 18, 2016, 10:26 AM

Sounds like the spot to be!

Plan ahead for the wind

Nov 18, 2016, 10:02 AM

Lawrence Joel is the place to be. Plenty of room, convenient in and out, lots of Clemson folks. The forecast says 20-30 mph winds Sat. afternoon late with gusts to 40. We were there for the game 2 years ago and conditions were somewhat similar. Some sort of microburst came up about an hour before the game and I saw 2 tailgating tents rolling across the parking lot like beach balls.

Another word of caution- the nice security guard was letting CU fans go in the Coliseum to use the rest rooms. I heard bouncing balls and ambled over to the portal to glance at the WF b'ball team practicing. Danny Manning sent some kid ball boy up to throw me out of the coliseum! What a tool. Like he had anything worth spying on- he finished 2-16 in the conference last year.

We're in Raleigh and go over to WS every other year. It's a good trip.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plan ahead for the wind

Nov 18, 2016, 10:25 AM

Yeah, we are debating on even fooling with a tent. We may bring it but it may end up staying in the bag! We are looking forward to it. It's been several years since I have been back to Winston-Salem for a game which is a shame since it's a lot closer for us than to Clemson. Not to mention a lot cheaper which is always a bonus!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,188
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic