Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wakanda Forever Sign Gets Flagged ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Wakanda Forever Sign Gets Flagged ---

Sep 2, 2020, 7:59 PM

Game on TV....
Cherokee High School Running Back in Georgia..Keith Adams Jr...got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for doing the Wakanda Forever sign or jesture AFTER scoring a 76 yard touchdown on a 2nd and 24. He even did the jesture in a very calm way facing the minimal fans up in the stands over the endzone.

Effing unbelievable. Wow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ref is probably a DC fanboy***

Sep 2, 2020, 8:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wakanda Forever Sign Gets Flagged ---

Sep 2, 2020, 8:07 PM

I've noticed you find alot of things "unbelievable"

Re: Wakanda Forever Sign Gets Flagged --- is he the son

Sep 2, 2020, 8:13 PM

of our former linebacker and one of my all time favorite Tigers?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wakanda Forever Sign Gets Flagged --- is he the son

Sep 2, 2020, 9:46 PM

74TIGER said:

of our former linebacker and one of my all time favorite Tigers?

Yes...
And he has a Clemson offer( I think)..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 8:17 PM

Good should have been flagged. At least someone has the balls to stand up. However he has probably officiated his last game because he is obviously racist.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 9:28 PM

It was in memory of Chadwick Boseman, an Anderson native, who played the Black Panther and died from cancer a few days ago. The governor even ordered the flag over the statehouse to fly at half staff last Saturday.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Looks like celebration. That’s not allowed in high school

Sep 3, 2020, 12:18 AM

Ref was just doing his job...

You guys kill me

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like celebration. That’s not allowed in high school

Sep 3, 2020, 6:59 AM

I'm not saying the ref was wrong. He probably had no clue as to what was behind the actions of the player. I was just explaining the reason behind it. Also, please explain what "you guys" means.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

It doesn’t matter what the reason was. It’s illegal.

Sep 3, 2020, 8:12 AM

By you guys I mean you and OP.

The ref could be the biggest Black Panther fan in history. He still has to throw a flag for celebration.

Re: It doesn’t matter what the reason was. It’s illegal.

Sep 3, 2020, 10:48 AM

Thanks for clarifying.

--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 2, 2020, 8:37 PM

Who should be the new Black Panther now? Better be a real search, cant just be any Joe Schmo.

IMO, Peter Sellers is pretty much irreplaceable***

Sep 3, 2020, 8:30 AM

I'd suggest they look to Stephen James

Sep 3, 2020, 10:57 AM

I happened to watch the last hour of 21 Bridges last night and both are in it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

242 ......................

Sep 3, 2020, 12:30 AM

the number of White People who have been shot and killed by Police so far this year.

No protests. No riots. No looting. No walkouts. No Blackouts, or even Whiteouts, on Twitter. No signs painted on Streets. No Yalie-preppy-asian rich chicks threatening to "knife" me on video. No ubiquitous T-shirts. No GoFundMe hysteria raking in hundreds of millions of dollars - maybe one, here and there, to try to bring in de minimis funeral expenses.

And no, certainly no special End Zone Celebrations either.

Condolences to their families.

Re: White People Do Protest & Celebrate What They Choose---

Sep 3, 2020, 1:57 AM

https://amp.cheezburger.com/8325896704/the-whitest-touchdown-celebration-in-the-history-of-ever

Re: 242 ......................

Sep 3, 2020, 3:27 AM [ in reply to 242 ...................... ]

What in the world does any of that have to do with a player honoring an actor who just passed away from cancer?

Sep 3, 2020, 5:49 AM

Because the left is using the death in a political way as they do everything. For example, there is a huge petition going around to remove a monument at the Anderson county court house and erect a statue of Bozeman. The people signing that thing do not give a rats broad behind about Bozeman. It’s an opportunity to be divisive and push their agenda.

Sep 3, 2020, 9:44 AM

I think it's obvious that the person I was replying to had no idea what Wakanda is and just made the assumption that it must have something to do with protesting police shootings.

As far as your comment. I don't think people wanting to honor a celebrity following their death is unique to the left. The guy is one of the most famous people to ever come out of Anderson. Regardless, his dying of cancer has nothing to do with the person I was replying to going into a rant about white people being killed all the time and nobody protesting over it.

I find it ironic that you say the left is using his death in a political way as they do everything, but you and at least a couple of others are the only ones bringing politics into this discussion about someone dying from cancer and a player getting flagged for honoring him. Perhaps the flag was warranted under the celebration penalties so I'm not arguing that, but you're the ones trying to tie this thing into something political.

2003, I feel sorry for Overt Bigots like you

Sep 3, 2020, 12:03 PM

who simply don't listen to other people long enough to understand whether your opinion has been formed with real empathy for other thoughts and ideas.

And yes, I said Overt Bigot. Get over yourself.

1. The simple fact is that I do know what Wakanda is, I did go see the movie Black Panther, and I am as sorry as anyone that a young man lost his life to cancer way too soon. Your presumption was Bigoted, at best.

The simple fact of the matter is that you could have asked whether I knew what Wakanda was prior to going off down your bigoted path. You chose not to. Which is why you are the Bigot sir, not me.

Oh, I know that doesn't fit your narrative - that's why I am capitalizing the words. They are capitalized to do nothing more than p*ss you off - in hopes that one day you'll get out of sorts enough to actually have a thought that is outside of your predisposed view of the world. It's possible your emotion will force you to lose control enough to think differently for one possible second.

Because only then will YOU and the OP join the rest of us in trying to bring things together for all.

2. Which brings me to this: The Point of what I was showing was that there's a whole lot of People demonstrating about being "Black". They're marching, they're yelling, they're abusing Police, they're whatever. Now they're apparently celebrating Touchdowns as well with pointedly Race-based demonstration.

The OP's original point was simply to highlight what he believes is yet ANOTHER Demonstrable way in which BLACK people have been slighted - right down to giving out penalties in Football. LOL - you all need to take a chill and understand that your emotion is clouding your judgement.

Tell me kind sir, have you carefully considered that every one of the Nationally highlighted Police controversies over the last few months DOES HAVE mitigating circumstances? Every one.

As example: It is being questioned as to whether George Floyd might have had a "lethal" dose of fentanyl in his system. There is also question from the Medical Examiner as to whether he died from asphyxia or not. In a like vein, Jacob Blake is now known to have had a knife in his possession at the time of being shot, and was also under specific Warrant for Arrest such that he simply could not be allowed to leave. We could argue others as well.

This is not about RACE - it's about facts. Did the Cops do something wrong? Quite possible. Was it Murder? That's being determined. Was it Racism? That will be determined as well IF people allow the process to work its way through. I mean, My God, it's not like Minneapolis was part of Dixie, and isn't as Liberal as any city could be.

I pointed out - and the OP kindly agreed above - that BLACK people are demonstrating a whole lot these days - but only for BLACK causes. Get over yourselves. Put your unnecessary emotion to rest.

This is America. Start working for Equality of Opportunity, not some specific Race-based agenda. And just so you know, I'll be happy to write the exact SAME thing about Women who over-stress Gender causes and Gender issues. It's mind-numbing how Sexist Women are these days - not because they started off intending to be that way, but because they no longer question whether Misogyny is even really a thing anymore.

My suggestion: Start considering who all the CLOSED MINDED BIGOTS are. Stop talking about being Black. Start talking about being American.

Re: 2003, I feel sorry for Overt Bigots like you

Sep 3, 2020, 12:13 PM

So you go on a long rant about how I should’ve asked you if you knew what Wakanda is instead of just assuming, but then proceed to ASSUME that the OP made his post was because he felt that blacks were being slighted, and not perhaps that he just felt that there shouldn’t have been a flag over a simple gesture to honor someone who recently passed away?

Re: 2003, I feel sorry for Overt Bigots like you

Sep 3, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to 2003, I feel sorry for Overt Bigots like you ]

Also again, you're the only person in this entire topic that has brought up police shootings. The OP didn't mention anything about race at all. And yes, you're going to have a hard time trying to convince me that your first reply wasn't because you thought Wakanda was some sort of protest related to police shootings. The reason that I find it hard to believe? Because 100% of your reply was about police shootings and how white people react to other white people being killed. Regardless if you knew or not, your reply was way out of left field and had nothing to do with what the OP posted.

I think you've lost ALL credibility with that rant

Sep 3, 2020, 12:38 PM

ALL

Sep 3, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: 242 ...................... ]

So, you don’t think the left is using the death in a political way? I gave an example of what’s happening in Anderson. Here’s the way it will go down. Thousands of people will sign a petition to remove the confederate monument in Anderson and replace it with a Bozeman statue. Many of the people who sign are from other states. The originator of the petition is from Maryland. If the county says no to their demands the narrative will be “see you’re all a bunch of racists”. That is exactly the way this will play out!
I hate the actor died. I had never heard of him but he sounds like he was a good guy.

Sep 3, 2020, 1:17 PM

Perhaps the removal of the confederate monument is. However, we both know there was going to be a push to remove that regardless. I'm not familiar with the situation on this particular monument, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't already a movement for that long before this.

I know a lot of people would look at that as they'd be taking down a 'white thing' and replacing it with a 'black thing' but at least he's from the area, seems to have been a good role model for people of all backgrounds.

I don't know of any specific examples, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there're several monuments that honor white celebrities in their hometowns. The difference here I'd say is that people are asking for it to replace the confederate monument, but again, that was going to be asked for anyway.

I do hope though that the petition you're talking about hasn't caused people to think about that whenever his name is brought up. As you said, he sounded like a really good guy, and his career had really just started taking off. He had so much success in front of him.

Sep 3, 2020, 1:37 PM

You are correct that there has already been a push to remove the confederate monument. The sickening thing to me is that many people are exploiting his death for yet another angle at removing a monument. My advice to people in Anderson who truly cared about Bozeman is do something that’s not divisive. Don’t let his unfortunate death be used this way. Raise money and build a park in his memory. Start a charity in Anderson in his memory. Put up a memorial in another area. Literally do anything but tie his death to a fight over the confederate monument.

There should be more protest for everyone wrongly killed by police. I agree!

Sep 3, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to 242 ...................... ]

That number is too high.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There should be more protest for everyone wrongly killed by police. I agree!

Sep 3, 2020, 9:27 AM

Key word is wrongly. Almost never happens wrongly to white or black.

Sep 3, 2020, 2:58 AM

I honestly don’t know what Wakanda Forever means or stands for! Can someone enlighten me? Thanks

Sep 3, 2020, 3:29 AM

It’s a fictional country in the a Marvel movies where the Black Panther is from. The actor who played the Black Panther died from cancer a few days ago. He was from Anderson.

Sep 3, 2020, 6:31 AM

Thanks. I didn’t know either. Ridiculous to get upset over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Wakanda Forever Sign Gets Flagged --- ]

Yes....this!!! How hard is that? Thank you! Simply say "I'm not sure I know what this means - please explain."

Black Panther is a fictional character created by Stan Lee & Jack Kirby in 1966. He is from the fictional country of Wakanda in Africa. Black Panther's real name is T'Challa, and he is depicted as the king and protector of Wakanda. Chadwick Boseman from Anderson SC played T-Challa in a number of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. T'challa uses his country's vast wealth and technological resources to help all of humanity. The 'X' crossing of arms along with "Wakanda Forever!" is the battle cry/insignia for Wakandans. It is beyond my scope of comprehension how a fictional character in a fictional comic/movie created by 2 Jewish guys in the mid 60s is overtly political in 2020...but here we are.

PS - not only is T'challa a good example but Boseman himself is a wonderful example. While battling cancer himself, privately, he continued his visits to St Jude's Pediatric Cancer patients to bring them a little joy and encouragement.

<###### width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/9HRtDtaPi3g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

More important question...

Sep 3, 2020, 12:06 PM

is Keith Adams Jr. a Clemson legacy?

How many stars and do we have a shot?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More important question...

Sep 3, 2020, 12:48 PM

That's all I care about

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic