Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Joe Craig arrested prior to dismissal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Joe Craig arrested prior to dismissal

Feb 2, 2012, 1:05 PM

Joe Craig arrested prior to dismissal

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad we cut this kids loose. He's bad news.***

Feb 2, 2012, 1:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly, he should have been booted after the first incident***

Feb 2, 2012, 1:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Frankly, he should have been booted after the first incident***

Feb 3, 2012, 6:49 AM

Definitely should have. One of the things I hate about Clemson the most is how they let athletes get away with things like this. And I know exactly what happened... as I lived there on the floor over the summer.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad, 3rd fastest in the nation. Sounds like he'll be relying

Feb 2, 2012, 1:08 PM

on that speed to run from Johnny Law. I wish him luck and getting his act together.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unusual...

Feb 2, 2012, 1:08 PM

he chose Clemson over Georgia and South Carolina

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: unusual...

Feb 2, 2012, 1:10 PM

was this another domestic situation.

He can still transfer to USuC***

Feb 2, 2012, 1:12 PM [ in reply to unusual... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: unusual...

Feb 2, 2012, 2:03 PM [ in reply to unusual... ]

I though the same thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully he can get his act together before it's too late

Feb 2, 2012, 1:10 PM

But kudos to Dabo for making the decision to let him go. Rules are rules and actions have consequences - at least at Clemson, they do.

I wish him well

Feb 2, 2012, 1:15 PM

but it was time to do this. I was actually surprised he got another chance after the first incident. The fact that here is another so close together seems to indicate some ongoing issues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought he should have been let go after the first.***

Feb 2, 2012, 1:18 PM

Sounds like he has some anger management issues. I wonder

Feb 2, 2012, 1:23 PM

this si the absolute end at Clemson, or could he return if he took an anger management class or had some therapy.

Re: Sounds like he has some anger management issues. I wonder

Feb 2, 2012, 2:25 PM

Clemson student government will determine what happens. I am guessing he is already on probation so it will be difficult for them to keep him.

null

Is that his mug shot?***

Feb 2, 2012, 1:24 PM

It's amazing how some people simply cannot make good use

Feb 2, 2012, 1:25 PM

of a second chance. Too bad, Joe. Hit the highway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Should have been dismissed after the first time. The violent

Feb 2, 2012, 1:26 PM

nature of the first incident was very telling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were questions surrounding the 1st event...enough

Feb 2, 2012, 1:39 PM

for Dabo to question his fault/participation in the matter. This time was cut and dry evidently.

Good move by Dabo. Swift and decisive.

Re: There were questions surrounding the 1st event...enough

Feb 3, 2012, 6:51 AM

There shouldn't have been. He put himself in the position he was in first time. Honestly having meet the guy, he was quite disrespectful, and I didn't like him at all.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There were questions surrounding the 1st event...enough

Feb 3, 2012, 9:45 AM

Given his age, I can see the staff giving him a chance to mature. Realistically, these are 17-18 year old kids coming into Clemson and many/most either grow up or fail. I started Clemson as a 17 year old freshman and while I had the intellectual ability to stay, I did not have the maturity. I had to drop out and get a real job for a while before I even started growing up. I didn't make it back to Tigertown until grad school and I came from an upper middle class intact family with two college graduates and a mostly stay at home mom.

I don't know his background, but I'm guessing I had it easier. That gets me past the first incident, but not the second. We can say a prayer and think God for looking out for him in the future. If there's a role for one of us to play in his life, we'll know when the time is right.

This guy needs to be focusing on anger management.....l

Feb 2, 2012, 1:45 PM

controls before he gets himself in any deeper. He's bad news.

That picture of him looks like hes wearing his prison orange instead of clemson***

Feb 2, 2012, 1:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh. I was suprised at the time that Joe was given another

Feb 2, 2012, 2:01 PM

chance. It wasn't what I expected from Dabo, but I trusted (and still do trust) his judgement. Looks like Joe has to clamp down on his anger, but he doesn't get to represent Clemson while he does it. I hope whoever filed this complaint is okay.

null

Don't let the door hit you ono the way out

Feb 2, 2012, 2:18 PM

Everybody deserves a 2nd chance, he got it.

Wait! He would've had 5 more strikes at USuCk.***

Feb 2, 2012, 4:09 PM

That only applies to guys on the two-deep....

Feb 2, 2012, 4:12 PM

Spurrier won't hesitate to punish the bench warmers as an example to the guys who actually see signifant playing time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Wait! He would've had 5 more strikes at USuCk.***

Feb 2, 2012, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Wait! He would've had 5 more strikes at USuCk.*** ]

You sir are an idoit drinking to much orange kool aide. All 5 of Garcia's incidents doesn't even come close to what Joe Criag did once much less twice

Yeah, driving drunk doesn't endanger a life.

Feb 2, 2012, 5:17 PM

Nice try, dirt-pecker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 2, 2012, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait! He would've had 5 more strikes at USuCk.*** ]

wayne2 you are pathetic man taking up for garcia.. 5 times is more than ridiculous.. drunken bum...also your coaches peeing in public.. disgrace....you just had another baseball player arrested for drunkeness...and recently another football player...you people are a bunch of thugs in cootlumbia.. I thank God everyday I do not live there and pull for such a sorry univ....thank you thank you.. thank you...cannot wait to see what the NCAA does to you guys....you deserve whatever they throw at u..

Feb 2, 2012, 6:27 PM

Orangefan59 I agree with peeing in public. But I do not recall Garcica as some on else posted but if I missed it then yes I do not agree with that at all. Yes Garcia has a drinking problem and I hope he gets help. But there is no comparisson with what Garcia did and what Joe Criag did. I know some USC athletes have gotten in trouble for drinking but if you or any other CU fan thinks that CU athletes y'all have been drinking way to much of the kool aide. I know for fact and have been with CU football players partying CU throws some of the best partys. But really I dont care if it is a USC, CU, Ga, etc if a young man wants to lay his hands on my daughter that there is no where for him to hide I would whip his A%&

Feb 2, 2012, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait! He would've had 5 more strikes at USuCk.*** ]

Drinking an Driving I dont recall Garcia gettin caught for that

Feb 3, 2012, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait! He would've had 5 more strikes at USuCk.*** ]

Garcia and Craig are two different issues.

One is keying a car, pulling a fire alarm, and breaking curfew...most if not all involving drinking. Stupidity.

The other is beating up a girl...twice. Criminal.

(Yes, Garcia committed crimes, but nothing on the level of Craig's first offense even if you put them all together)

I swear, this board looks delusional sometimes trying to slam its rival. Had someone been on Clemson's team dealing with issues like Garcia did, this board would be talking about how Clemson was "all in" with him and seeking to reform him. And before you say someone like him wouldn't be on Clemson's team, remember...Clemson kept Craig on the team. Yeah, he's gone now, but so is Garcia. Clemson kept McDaniel on the team. Yeah, he's gone now, he graduated.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The problem with Clemson is that it doesn't think it live in a glass house. When those who know are very aware that it does.

Re: Football Player Update: Joe Craig arrested prior to dismissal

Feb 2, 2012, 7:15 PM

If this would have happened last week we could have signed Quinshad Davis yesterday

Re: Football Player Update: Joe Craig arrested prior to dismissal

Feb 3, 2012, 7:53 AM

Good riddance.
There are too many talented kids dying to get a free ride at a division I school who would make the most of the opportunity. This guy crapped all over that.

See you THUG!. 2nd arrest for beating women***

Feb 3, 2012, 3:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st actually, but he should be gone.***

Feb 3, 2012, 3:20 PM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic