Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoff's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Playoff's

Sep 30, 2018, 11:49 AM

In order to make the playoff's this year, we are gonna need three things to happen. The first is that we need to beat some top 25 teams. None so far this year. Hopefully, each team remaining on our schedule will get some quality wins, yes, included Sakerlina. The second is that we need to start pounding the teams we play. I know this is not in Dabo's wheelhouse, but we're gonna have to look the part as well. Lastly, we need some losses from Georgia, ND, Oklahoma, and OSU. UGA has some tough games remaining, OSU and ND have cakewalks, while Oklahoma is usually up for one loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only need one thing to happen for us to go to playoffs

Sep 30, 2018, 11:55 AM

Go 13-0 and be ACC Champs.

Everything else from all of those other teams or how we look going 13-0 are meaningless.

Clemson Tigers as 13-0 ACC Champs are in the playoffs. Period.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, what he said***

Sep 30, 2018, 1:49 PM

Not necessarily - there are 4 spots and 5... .

Sep 30, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to We only need one thing to happen for us to go to playoffs ]

conferences. Maybe the ACC gets left out this year due to being weaker than normal. Just going undefeated is no guarantee this season.

Yes, necessarily.***

Sep 30, 2018, 2:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We only need one thing to happen for us to go to playoffs

Sep 30, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to We only need one thing to happen for us to go to playoffs ]

Yep

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playoff's

Sep 30, 2018, 11:56 AM

Sorry, but this is incorrect.

An undefeated ACC Champion Clemson will be in the CFP. Period. End of story. Margin of victory matters not at all.

I will concede that this year, we will likely need to go undefeated (whereas up to now, a 1-loss conference champion would get in).

Sep 30, 2018, 1:34 PM

Politely disagree. The ACC stinks this year and we will be jumped by ND. Many people thought that we shouldn't be in it last year because of a terrible loss at Syracuse. Even though that was last year, my fear is that will have an impact on if we are included this year. That's why we need to put it into overdrive against the teams we play. Perception will be important, and right now, even though I think we belong, from the national perspective we are not perceived as belonging.

WRONGO......An Undefeated Clemson Goes Ahead of ND

Sep 30, 2018, 1:48 PM

All day

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WRONGO......An Undefeated Clemson Goes Ahead of ND

Sep 30, 2018, 1:50 PM

Can you explain why?

Sep 30, 2018, 2:23 PM

Because you are not going to have 5 undefeated teams. An undefeated clemson gets in over a one loss anybody.

Sep 30, 2018, 5:28 PM

Bama, ND, Oklahoma, OSU may all be undefeated. Assuming that happens, then what?

Yes....If Both Teams Are Undefeated And Then Clemson Plays

Sep 30, 2018, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: WRONGO......An Undefeated Clemson Goes Ahead of ND ]

an EXTRA game against a likely Top 25 team and wins, it becomes quite simple that you take a team that has a most recent Neutral field top 25 win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Playoff's ]

You cannot show me a single credible analyst or expert that said we didn’t belong in last year. We were the #1 overall seed...there was absolutely no debate over whether we should be in. Get a clue.

Sep 30, 2018, 12:02 PM

You make some very good, and valid points.
Notre Dame is the team that scares me just because of their reputation. If they go undefeated, I think we could be in trouble.
OSU probably gets one spot if they go undefeated and win the Big 10. That should apply to Clemson as well but look at my second sentence.
Georgia/Bama. I just can't see both getting in, especially if one loses the SECCG. Both got in last year, but we all know Bama should not have.
But that's the CFP Committee, and you just don't know what they will come up with.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:43 PM

Bama won the championship and you think they should’ve not made the playoffs? Come on man!! Four best teams period. We need to tighten up or we may go undefeated and be outside looking in.

Sep 30, 2018, 2:44 PM

When selected, no one KNEW Bama would be #1...should not have been given the opportunity...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 1:56 PM

Just throwing this out there @tigerbito, if OSU and ND have “cakewalks” as you say, what is it that you’d call what Clemson has left? Serious question.

Sep 30, 2018, 5:22 PM

I'd call it a cakewalk as well.

“Playoff's” ???***

Sep 30, 2018, 2:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, I’m trying to figure out what the playoff possesses.***

Sep 30, 2018, 5:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: “Playoff's” ???***

Sep 30, 2018, 5:30 PM [ in reply to “Playoff's” ???*** ]

Graduate in engineering, so I "possess" very little grammar knowledge.

Can we just worry about beating WF at WF. That

Sep 30, 2018, 5:25 PM

Place can be a house of horrors. Let’s just take things one at a time. We go undefeated we’re in. Period. Lose one, probably not

Sep 30, 2018, 5:41 PM

This is going to be exhausting seeing these posts over and over and over for the next 3-5 weeks while the normal chaos of college football takes place and this all sorts itself out.

First of all, EVERY YEAR around this time there are like 6 teams that look like they’ll go undefeated...and EVERY YEAR everyone starts these “what if” games...and it literally NEVER happens. It’s not going to this year either. There will be no more than 2 undefeated teams. I’ll bet you $1000 right now if you’d like to tmail me directly.

Second...in whatever scenario you want to dream up that inevitably won’t happen, the strength of the ACC will absolutely not keep Clemson out if we go undefeated. And I’d say less than 5% chance we miss the playoffs if we have 1 loss (unless that loss is in the ACCCG). We have earned more credibility than any program other than Bama and will be given the nod 99% of the time. If you’ve watched college football for more than 3 weeks, you cannot dispute that certain programs get the benefit of the doubt and we are now one of them.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic