Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential

Feb 11, 2016, 7:01 AM

Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential

If everything goes as planned, Deshaun Watson will be entering the NFL Draft in 2017 and quarterbacks coach Brandon Streeter will be breaking in a new signal-caller at Clemson. With Nick Schuessler, Kelly Bryant and Tucker Israel already on campus, Streeter has plenty of options, but it’s Clemson’s most recent signee, Zerrick Cooper that intrigues Clemson’s recruiting coordinator the most.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet he is at worst co-starter in 2017.**

Feb 11, 2016, 7:13 AM

nm

Re: New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential

Feb 11, 2016, 7:18 AM

Doesn't Nick Shuessler graduate this year ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 11, 2016, 7:27 AM

QBU! WRU!

Feb 11, 2016, 8:02 AM

The assumption that Watson goes pro after the 2016 season may be a faulty one. Frankly, I wouldn't "bet the ranch" on that happening. However, if Watson holds that out to the staff as a high probability, then we need to see a healthy, meaningful dose of Kelly Bryant during the year ... including a couple of starts. Just sayin' ...

He pretty much said he was.

Feb 11, 2016, 8:03 AM

He said given the opportunity where he would be drafted high he would go. It's a virtual lock unless he gets injured or something.

Re: He pretty much said he was.

Feb 11, 2016, 8:58 AM

I knew deshaun was a goner after I seen him at the Senior meeting

Re: He pretty much said he was.

Feb 11, 2016, 10:29 AM

seen him ?? geeeshhhh

Feb 11, 2016, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential ]

He's already said if the opportunity presents itself he's gone. He graduates in December. I see no reas

Watson will start every game baring injury

Feb 11, 2016, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential ]

Every game is a Heisman race. There may be a drive in the first half, maybe even in the first quarter, but most back up snaps will be after stats are achieved and the game is in control. Remember I am an expert (my expertise is giving off the wall opinions as fact). My other area of expertise is using spell check.

Re: Watson will start every game baring injury

Feb 11, 2016, 9:29 AM

Game planning for your QB to win the Heisman and, more importantly, to position your team to make the playoffs year-after-year are not necessarily consistent with one another. This isn't a newsflash! Just as an example, if winning the Heisman for your QB is deemed more important, then the QB remains in certain games only to pump up his numbers, and he risks unnecessary injury and sucks up important game experience that would be invaluable to his heir(s) apparent. This immediate gratification of blow-out wins may feel good, but it could be at the expense of sustained success. It's a delicate balancing act. And if the coaches really want to assist Watson's draft chances, they may want to consider installing an "under center" package for him. A case-in-point was Tajh Boyd.

Re: Watson will start every game baring injury

Feb 11, 2016, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Watson will start every game baring injury ]

LOL!

Feb 11, 2016, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential ]

If Watson, Williams, Leggett, Scott and Gallman all depart after 2016, I would guess all of the younger players would get plenty of tune ups this coming season. Expect to see plenty of them in games two and three.

Feb 11, 2016, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential ]

Cooper may just beat out Bryant. I think before it is all said and done Bryant moves to another position if we keep the qb we have committed for 17.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent film on Cooper-always looking downfield scrambling***

Feb 11, 2016, 8:59 AM

recon he would bring the basketball team with him?***

Feb 11, 2016, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Feb 11, 2016, 9:35 AM

Agree that when we can we need to try to get Bryant some game time, but if Cooper comes in and is "The Guy" then so be it. Otherwise, redshirt him IMO. That said, is anyone else intrigued by what Israel brings to the table? I have seen nothing since his HS film, and he dosn't jump off the table at you physically, but dang, that kids film and production in HS were off the charts. I am anxious to see how good he is as well. Still, if Streeter is raving about Cooper like this, I'm impressed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2016, 10:23 AM

Bryant, Israel, Cooper ... nice to have these type of 'problems' to sort out. When Bryant gets mop-up duty, I would like to see him throw more. Haven't been able to see that aspect of his game a lot. I know there is a balancing act between running the score up and getting significant playing time, but you have to prepare the back-ups. As for Bryant starting a game over DW, I would hope we learned our lesson against Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2016, 11:17 AM

Until Bryant shows us that he can make the throws he should not be talked about as the heir apparent to Watson. I haven't been convinced that Bryant is the passer that we must have to continue with this offensive formation. None of us have seen Israel and he is at Clemson for a reason
Bryant is an ideal wildcat player!

I agree.

Feb 11, 2016, 6:49 PM

Make Bryant a WR and and put him in the wildcat here and there.

Re: I agree.

Feb 11, 2016, 11:46 PM

Yes to Wildcat!

Feb 11, 2016, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential ]

Tucker is short and looks un-athletic. No offense, but if he's looking to become a starter, he needs to transfer. Zerrick will take over once DW4 leaves unless AB learns to throw the ball like these 2 with precision.

Feb 11, 2016, 11:50 AM

think there is a real good chance Bryant will end up at another position.

Dang, now you tell us.

Feb 11, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Streeter intrigued by Zerrick Cooper's potential ]

You could have saved us a scholarship!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Receiver U now QB U ha ha ha...keep them coming***

Feb 11, 2016, 12:40 PM

WR-U, DE-U, DT-U, QB-U, RB-U..we are fast becoming a hotbed

Feb 11, 2016, 1:32 PM

NFL talent!!

Re: WR-U, DE-U, DT-U, QB-U, RB-U..we are fast becoming a hotbed

Feb 11, 2016, 1:55 PM

Don't forget Engineer-U! I think the NFL need more of us.

I don't mean to rain on your parade...

Feb 11, 2016, 6:45 PM [ in reply to WR-U, DE-U, DT-U, QB-U, RB-U..we are fast becoming a hotbed ]

But these labels are based on sending players to the NFL. WRU, DEU, DTU and maybe (long shots) DBU or RBU have been earned..

But QBU? Who was the last QB that Clemson sent to the league? Whitehurst... a career backup... I don't think that makes us QBU.

We definitely have the potential to be within the next few years, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Feb 11, 2016, 3:00 PM

What's the deal with Israel? I haven't heard anything about him? I know he is not all that tall but I'd hoped he be more than a signal caller

It's going to be a tight battle

Feb 11, 2016, 11:44 PM

Next year and the following after that. Kelly Bryant, Zerrick Cooper, Chase Brice and Hunter Johnson will be a 4 way race to the v starting QB spot after Watson leaves

Re: It's going to be a tight battle

Feb 11, 2016, 11:48 PM

Locked and loaded....

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic