Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WOW!!! Shaw might make a team before Boyd....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

WOW!!! Shaw might make a team before Boyd....

Aug 18, 2014, 11:14 PM

never thought Shaw would make a squad before Tajh. He actually looked pretty good in his 1st pro game though. Much better than Tajh did in his though the Browns offense suits his skill set way better than the Jets does for Tajh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both will on the practice squad

Aug 18, 2014, 11:15 PM

The Browns brought Grossman in to be their 3rd QB.

Most likely. But the Browns qb situation is much worse.***

Aug 18, 2014, 11:31 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Most likely. But the Browns qb situation is much worse.***

Aug 18, 2014, 11:38 PM

have you seen Geno Smith player?!!!!?

He played really well the last 4 games last year

Aug 19, 2014, 7:49 AM

Michael Vick is a decent QB.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Geno Smith is better than Hoyer and Manziel***

Aug 19, 2014, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Most likely. But the Browns qb situation is much worse.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shaw is not the most talented qb out there....

Aug 18, 2014, 11:37 PM

But he has just enough talent and athleticism matched w his drive and determination to be a winner. He was sc's Rodney williams.
I'm glad he is gone...but now that he is I wish him well.
By the way...dylan thompson is no conner shaw...Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: shaw is not the most talented qb out there....

Aug 19, 2014, 10:05 AM

"dylan thompson is no conner shaw"

I've been telling usuc fans that for the past 3 years, but for some reason they were still calling for thompson over shaw a lot of the time.

i hate usuc as much as the next guy but shaw earned respect for how he played and what he accomplished at a perennial doormat. no way they win as much as they did the last 3 years without shaw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Shaw was very impressive tonight. Looked like he knew

Aug 18, 2014, 11:49 PM

what he was doing, not lost at all. Scrambled well, made good throws, and made plays. I know it's preseason, but he looks like he's picking up right where he left off in college.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: WOW!!! Shaw might make a team before Boyd....

Aug 19, 2014, 7:32 AM

Not a very smart post. Shaw and Tajh are both in good systems for them. Jets have a system with qbs like Geno and Vick yet it doesn't fit Tajh's game???

I would say he is exactly like both of the them. The only issue I see is Morris' system translating to the NFL

The biggest takeaway for tigers and gcocks is the best QB for either team in a long time will be on the practice squad at best.

Says a ton about what it takes to be the best. Both schools are having the best runs in history and yet neither has a qb who can be more than a practice squad.

It is tough out there in the NFL for a qb. Look at Bamas guys they win national champs and cant keep one on an NFL team.

Aug 19, 2014, 7:38 AM

Bad assessment , Coot. "System arguments " are used by the likes of people who also use "Conference arguments" when deciding who is more fit to win a football game.
If a kid has a good arm ( Boyd does/Shaw doesn't) and he has the winners edge mentality (Shaw does/Boyd doesn't) then it doesn't matter who he played for.
FYI - All offenses are a "system" and ALL players play within them .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 19, 2014, 9:36 AM

On the money, Tigerdug23! (Johnny Football pun intended) Unfortunately for both of these excellent college QB's, each NFL team is looking for the total package: arm strength, accuracy, athleticism, and mental acuity, all in one player. Boyd and Shaw will be kept on the practice squads, and that's O.K. for now. They're both young, and they're both high character guys with leadership skills.

Aug 19, 2014, 10:02 AM

> On the money, Tigerdug23! (Johnny Football pun
> intended) Unfortunately for both of these excellent
> college QB's, each NFL team is looking for the total
> package: arm strength, accuracy, athleticism, and
> mental acuity, all in one player. Boyd and Shaw will
> be kept on the practice squads, and that's O.K. for
> now. They're both young, and they're both high
> character guys with leadership skills.

Very well put! Two very high character guys that represent there universities well.

Aug 19, 2014, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: WOW!!! Shaw might make a team before Boyd.... ]

June Jones used the system argument about Tebow. Sounded like he was right on the money.

Aug 19, 2014, 10:00 AM

It's too late for Shaw to get anything but 3rd string or practice squad for now but the way Cleveland goes through QB's who knows what could happen down the road. I hope they keep him after his performance last night but if not I'm sure some team will at least bring him in for the practice squad with a possible roster spot in the future. There is still a good possibility that if Shaw doesn't make the roster he gives up football for the armed services (you have to appreciate that).

He should switch to WR, he has the speed for it...

Aug 19, 2014, 10:08 AM

and even though Shaw plays with a lot of heart and smarts he doesn't have the physical tools to play QB in the NFL.

Shaw sure has a lot more upside than Rex Grossman.......

Aug 19, 2014, 11:06 AM

but they are going to want his experience rather than keep Shaw as the third QB. Shaw said he wanted to go to OCS in the Marine Corps if he did not make it in the NFL. If so I wish him the best of luck - he would be a good one!

Browns are a terrible team...

Aug 19, 2014, 10:06 AM

When Brian Hoyer is your starter, and future ESPN 50 for 50 story Johnny Manziel is your hope for the future, you are in deep doo doo.

Re: Browns are a terrible team...

Aug 19, 2014, 4:17 PM

> When Brian Hoyer is your starter, and future ESPN 50
> for 50 story Johnny Manziel is your hope for the
> future, you are in deep doo doo.

LOL!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic