Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WHY so many 3 star recruits?????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

WHY so many 3 star recruits?????

Jun 12, 2018, 9:34 AM

Are we cycling out!? DO we not need some 5 stars to compete? Guess back to 7-5 soon. Fun while it lasted.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Awww, look a coot. Funny how they start showing up

Jun 12, 2018, 9:35 AM

when things start going wrong for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 12, 2018, 11:21 AM

They can't help it. They're pitiful, bless their hearts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 12:03 PM

They lose in baseball and coot trolls are infesting our bored hours later. Nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 18, 2018, 8:34 AM

Ever watch a chicken? Did one ever seem to have a brain? Nah! me either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHY so many 3 star recruits?????

Jun 12, 2018, 9:41 AM

Part of the reason is we have such a large class.

UGA only has 8 commits. All of which are 4 and 5 star guys. They are more selective.

We have 15 commits. 3 and 4 star guys. Our class is going to be huge, so we will have to fill it with some lower tier guys.

Jun 12, 2018, 9:46 AM

NO worries my man.

If history tells us anything it's that several of these guys are going to get bumped to 4* before they sign. Dabo and staff are typically out in front of the recruiting services in terms of talent evaluation.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is true now that a Clemson offer gets guys a boost

Jun 12, 2018, 9:57 AM

on their star ratings. Similar to Bama.

you are so dumb! You are a 5 Star dumbarse.***

Jun 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they have another year for all the slow coaches

Jun 12, 2018, 9:48 AM

to realize they're 4 and 5 stars.

Re: Because they have another year for all the slow coaches

Jun 12, 2018, 9:53 AM

Check back in February coot and we will compare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because they have another year for all the slow coaches

Jun 12, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Because they have another year for all the slow coaches ]

Slow Coaches = Boom & Friends

DB23

Jun 12, 2018, 9:53 AM

90-17

DB23

Jun 12, 2018, 9:54 AM

Why so many cobwebs in your trophy case?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 9:56 AM

Obvious troll is obvious.

Jun 12, 2018, 10:06 AM

Tbe different between our coaches and yours (coot), is our coaches can produce 3 stars into top tier players. Your coaches get 3, 4 or 5 stars and produce to 1 or 2 stars. We have a great coaching staff and we trust them. Just look what they have done.

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

We've been cycling out since Dabo got here.

Jun 12, 2018, 10:15 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why we hired that guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 10:43 AM

B/C those services don't know recruits like our coaches know recruits. Look at our pvs rankings. Those average class rankings on our last three teams weren't 2, 1 and 4 respectively. Our staff knows talent and knows development.

The question is, "Why do the services have them rated as three stars?"

They are evaluated on talent, character, and need, not stars***

Jun 12, 2018, 10:45 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Why are you here coot?

Jun 12, 2018, 10:46 AM

Do you feel some sort of achievement from posting nonsense on our board? I guess when your team sucks you dont have anything better to do lol.

You are one deluded coot that has the attention span and trolling ability of a middle schooler

Jun 12, 2018, 10:53 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Stars-and-offers-etc-1805588

This is what happens when you need to fill 30 spots

Jun 12, 2018, 10:55 AM

in one cycle.

Some people here need their sarcasm meter adjusted***

Jun 12, 2018, 10:55 AM

Jun 12, 2018, 11:25 AM

I can't be for sure but I think Tigermaul was trying to be sarcastic based on everything that has been posted in the last few days.

I am glad that CS16 posted a link to DHood's thread from last night. I for one missed it last night. However, I'm also not ready to pile on to anyone that may be questioning the "star" rating either. A lot of tnetters really don't understand the ratings game except what they hear from the sporting news outlets and to a large extent how thrilled and obsessed everyone has been the last two years in the "star" rating on our previous two classes.

If you are one of the people that truly do not understand the star ratings game to please read David Hood's article. That should clarify quite a bit for ones that are Tiger fans just trying to understand. Star ratings CAN indicate a players ability and readiness but should not be used as the only gauge. hth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 4:30 PM

I've noticed from my tragic plunge from 92 to 60 percent tiger pulse that some people don't understand sarcasm on here. Or just assume you're a coot. Dont nuke me for this!

I agree - we built our recent and current...........

Jun 12, 2018, 12:00 PM

success by recruiting 4-star and several 5-star players. We used to recruit 3-star players back in the darker days before DS started to ramp things up.

Say what you will, but these ratings seem to hold true pretty much from what I've seen over the years. If you look at the very top teams (including ours), they haven't become top teams by recruiting 3-star players.

Sure, I give DS and the other coaches the ability to see a kid's potential, but I'd rather have the potential in a 4-star or 5-star player in terms of them keeping us a Final 4 playoff team.

Jun 12, 2018, 12:23 PM

You have one recruit who has 54 offers including from Dabo and Saban. You really think he's a 3 star because EsPN sports writers think he is?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 12:53 PM

Most of the higher rated kids aren’t takes.

Jun 12, 2018, 1:01 PM

I bet we don't end up with more than 5 three star recruits. They will mainly be upgraded.

Jun 12, 2018, 1:07 PM

Do your little chicken dance while you can. 5-bomb is on the way! Then we’ll move to the left hand.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DAPOTD!!!!***

Jun 12, 2018, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 4:23 PM

Some schools take a five star recruit and make a three star out of him. At Clemson, we take a three star and make him a five star. Isn't that the objective of coaching? A three star recruit with a five star character and attitude rating can easily be transformed into a five star recruit. That's the trademark of our staff at Clemson.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 4:26 PM

we do seem to have more 3 star recruits than usual, but we have to trust that our evaluators know what they are doing, and not some ###### head on a message board tallying up stars...

Tigermaul = marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39

Jun 12, 2018, 5:14 PM

Jun 12, 2018, 5:18 PM

Read the David Hood article.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic