Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Visiting from Australia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Visiting from Australia

Aug 16, 2014, 5:57 PM

Hey all,

Will be in town for the NC game September 27th. Keen to get on the whole tailgate experience. I'll have my 9yr old boy with me though. So probably something a little 'family friendly' would be needed!

Any other tips, info for a first time visitor to Death Valley would be awesome.

Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Visiting from Australia

Aug 16, 2014, 6:10 PM

Y'all are welcome to join our family....we may scare you, tho. 4 generations...but there are lots of kids! Feel free to send me a t mail if you're interested.

Aug 17, 2014, 4:21 AM

thanks heaps for the reply. looking forward to catching up in September

Do you have a parking space/lot to tailgate at?

Aug 16, 2014, 7:22 PM

I would be sure to get in the stadium 10-15 minutes early, so you can see the tigers run down The Hill.

Re: Do you have a parking space/lot to tailgate at?

Aug 17, 2014, 4:22 AM

All sorted now thanks! Looking forward to the whole game day experience

Aug 16, 2014, 8:55 PM

all parking lots should have something going on.....food/games/etc...

find an older person, and pick their brain about the past time of the whole experience. Best time I've had (not plastered drunk) were talking to the elders. Seriously!

After we win (yeah win) you can get on the field and browse the players and fans. make your way to the edge of the field right before the end of game for best chances.

Definitely make sure to get in the stadium prior to kickoff to watch the hill and players rubbing the rock

not sure the gametime, but a walk into downtown and across Bowman is always nice. not to mention the "talent" that tend to be in that area on gameday. Hit up Knickerbockers and such as they will have better gear, cheaper than than stadium accoutrement

Esso is cool - but a 9 year-old may not quite get that yet. Still cool to see, especially to just say "I've been there"

You'll know the rest and probably much different story than mine, and others. There is seriously something in those hills. You feel it. You see it. Make it your own, and make it your son's day more than not. You'll appreciate that much more in the long run.

Have fun. yell loud - AND GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2014, 4:24 AM

Thanks heaps for the reply. Got a tailgate sorted now. Will head into town a few hours before getting into the stadium. Get amongst the pre game atmosphere

Thanks again

Aug 17, 2014, 4:02 AM

Not sure what your connection is to either Clemson or NC, but I assume you already know about American football. I learned to love Aussie rules ( St. Kilda) living in Melbourne a couple of years. Hopefully you'll love our game as much as I loved yours.
For the game day experience in Clemson, I would say just get there early and plan to stay late. The traffic can be pretty bad so getting to your parking spot at least 2 -2 1/2 hours before kickoff is advised. The team arrives 2 hours before kickoff at the end of lot 2, so that's always a good rush. If you don't have someone to go with just walk around and be friendly and you'll have plenty to eat and drink.
As mentioned by others, walk downtown, see The Esso, go on the field after game.
It will be a long day- keep that in mind you your son.
Enjoy! Oh, and it's pretty much all family friendly. You will see a lot of women and children everywhere. No worries there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2014, 4:28 AM

Thanks for the reply!

Always been into the NFL as well as most American sports. Been an Atlanta Braves fan since I was a kid so spending sometime in Atlanta then was looking at a road trip to a college Football game. Clemson looked awesome on TV, so thought would take a road trip and see a game. Pretty fired up about getting over.

I'm a St.Kilda supporter too. Not a great year this year! Hopefully rebuild over the next couple years and contend again.

Wear Orange

Aug 17, 2014, 7:35 AM

Aug 17, 2014, 7:44 AM

You can't bring your "knife" in the stadium.

Clemson is the BEST place to tailgate...period!***

Aug 17, 2014, 8:10 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Band plays in ampitheater by library 90 min before-u can

Aug 17, 2014, 2:21 PM

follow them down to the stadium. lots of kids around! Have a wonderful time!

I'd post this again on Monday too!

Aug 17, 2014, 4:22 PM

You might get more responses from the substantial t-netting instead of working crowd!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't count how many times I've seen visitors come here

Aug 17, 2014, 4:36 PM

for guidance in getting the proper Clemson experience. Even though coming to tnet for instruction gets you A+ advice(not to mention a free guide, food, tail-gating offers, etc.) I just wonder why the school doesn't formally provided this sort of information/ service. After all, we are the most hospitable of all schools in the nation.

You came to the right place, Mark.

Aug 17, 2014, 5:09 PM

We'd love to have you stop by our tailgate! Lot 3 #187! Lots of food and drink and plenty of room for the kids to run/play!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic