Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Visiting Clemson Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Visiting Clemson Fans

Jan 11, 2020, 4:16 AM

Just wanted to take a few minutes to wish Clemson good luck in New Orleans. I am pulling for LSU, but have admired your coach and your team over the past several years for their success.

If you are visiting New Orleans, just a few tips:

In addition to the Super Dome limitations on what you can and cannot bring into the stadium, the US Secret Service has posted an additional list that you should review prior to heading to the stadium.

If the president attends the game, you should allow for a two hour line to clear security.

In the high traffic areas (French Quarter, Downtown, etc etc) - they have announced that there will be random and unannounced road closures and re-routing of traffic. Again, that is due to the president being in town. Also, they have announced that random searches of cars "may" occur. (due to security). Please plan accordingly.

If you are driving to New Orleans on Saturday, you can expect to rough weather along your route. Please be careful. Late last night, Texas was reporting high winds, rain and tornadoes associated with a front moving from west to east. The worst of the weather is expected to hit the New Orleans area around 5am Saturday and projected to last until noon. Depending on your driving route, you can expect to experience that bad weather as well. Please be safe. The same weather system will affect flights into the airport and associated traffic from the airport to area hotels.

New Orleans is a old Port City. Like most port cities, there are high crime areas throughout the city. Please don't go exploring into unknown areas without first asking someone at your hotel if it is safe. Hotel staff will generally know the area, and will be happy to warn you of what areas to stay away from. As always, never go walking out alone.

There are lots of really good places to eat in New Orleans depending on your taste. I have seen some of them posted on other threads. I can recommend Mr. B's, Port of Call, The Oyster House, The restaurant in The Windsor Court is great if weather is not permitting you to get out. The other hotels are so so.

For the most part, LSU fans are a fairly nice group. My apology in advance for those that have to much to drink and take the taunting of opposing fans to far. If you should encounter LSU fans that have had to much to drink, my suggestion is to ignore them. Nothing good will come from a physical encounter with a stupid person. Word of warning. The New Orleans Jail is not a good place. The courts will be closed on Sunday, Monday and probably Tuesday. Finding a judge to set bail during that time frame so you can get out (should you land in that god forsaken place) will be impossible. Just keep that in mind should someone in your group need restraining.

Lastly, if I can help provide any information - such as restaurant recommendations, etc etc.. Please feel free to ask. I don't check the boards often, but if I see a question - I will try to respond.

Thanks - and good luck to the Clemson Tigers. I am looking forward to great game. I honestly don't know which team will win.

Regards,

Danco

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it rains can you bring umbrellas into the game?

Jan 11, 2020, 4:34 AM

I don't want to mess up my hair

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it rains can you bring umbrellas into the game?

Jan 11, 2020, 5:01 AM

Those are not on either list of “not allowed items”. However, I have seen security not allow them at some of the Saints games. They cited fan obstruction. My recommendation is if you bring one - make it one you don’t mind giving away.

Re: If it rains can you bring umbrellas into the game?

Jan 11, 2020, 6:52 AM

With this storm blowing through today, combined with high demand - I would expect the raw oyster inventory to get a little tight. If I were you I would stick to Acme Oyster House or Drago’s. Just go during off hours. There may be a line - but the oysters will be safe.

Good to know. Last thing we want is an oyster getting hurt.

Jan 11, 2020, 10:45 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Visiting Clemson Fans

Jan 11, 2020, 6:13 AM

Best place for raw oysters that doesn't have a line waiting to get inside?

Jan 11, 2020, 8:58 AM

Thanks for the post!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post! Thanks Danco! Enjoy the game!***

Jan 11, 2020, 9:57 AM

null

Jan 11, 2020, 11:26 AM

Wow an actual respectful post from an LSU fan. Thanks for the info and a +1 for you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 1:44 PM

Great post.

Anyone have a link to that Secret Service list of prohibited items?

On that note, it’s interesting that you mention that. We were walking down Bourbon Street last night and this beat all to h3ll Suburban was parked in the middle of the street. That thing looked like it had been in demolition derby. Anyway, 4 special agent guys in fatigues got out with AR’s and were setting up something.

So I guess they’re already here prepping.

Only in extreme cases _________________________

Jan 11, 2020, 1:51 PM

""KING"" says call NCIS, if you get into a bind -- he has some pull with local LEO's !!

Re: Only in extreme cases _________________________

Jan 11, 2020, 1:54 PM
KING.jpg(45.7 K)

Call me !!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!

Jan 11, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Visiting Clemson Fans ]

If I can find the Secret Service link - I will post it. It came out on Wednesday or Thursday.

Great post. +1***

Jan 11, 2020, 2:03 PM

Must be an actual alum instead of one of the LSU knuckle draggers we are used to posting on here.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Jan 11, 2020, 2:07 PM

Thank you for all of this information .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Thanks, and I have a parking question.

Jan 11, 2020, 2:26 PM

What is the best parking if we want to visit the tailgate events/concerts at the Filmore and Woldenberg Park?

Re: Thanks, and I have a parking question.

Jan 11, 2020, 2:52 PM

The Filmore is located on Canal St. That will be tough parking in that area this weekend. Not sure what hotel you are at - but Uber will probably be your best bet. Consider cost of parking (which will be top dollar until Tuesday) vs Cost of Uber.

Been meaning to post this and keep forgetting... maybe the best

Jan 12, 2020, 4:32 PM

steak I've ever had in my life was at Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse in NO. That usually surprises people, they expect it to be somewhere in NYC, Chicago, Dallas, etc... and NO is mostly known for seafood.

https://www.dickiebrennanssteakhouse.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic