Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vic's edge rusher competition is dropping like flies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,223

Vic's edge rusher competition is dropping like flies

Apr 23, 2015, 3:15 PM

Randy Gregory had the weed issue and it has been reported that in his workouts with NFL teams that his weight has dropped back into the 220's (about 10 lbs less than his weight at the combine). He blames his schedule with all the travel, but Beasley has had no problems maintaining his 246 lbs despite a similar schedule.

Shane Ray is being reported as probably needing surgery on his toe and could be out 5 months.

It keeps looking better and better for Vic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vic's edge rusher competition is dropping like flies

Apr 23, 2015, 6:01 PM

I think Vic is better than Ray or Gregory , and I think that most NFL scouts do as well . I think the Raiders are going to pick him .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Vic's edge rusher competition is dropping like flies

Apr 23, 2015, 7:13 PM

> Randy Gregory had the weed issue and it has been
> reported that in his workouts with NFL teams that his
> weight has dropped back into the 220's (about 10 lbs
> less than his weight at the combine). He blames his
> schedule with all the travel, but Beasley has had no
> problems maintaining his 246 lbs despite a similar
> schedule.
>
> Shane Ray is being reported as probably needing
> surgery on his toe and could be out 5 months.
>
> It keeps looking better and better for Vic.

I really don't understand why some guys so determinedly confuse the issue.

Beasley was the most productive edge rusher in Clemson history, and in college football the last few years. Nobody really stopped him, and he played against a bunch of very good future NFL tackles. He had MONSTER games against the likes of LSU, Ohio State, Georgia, FSU, and Oklahoma. When you're skinning Wake Forest...OK, doubt the skill, but everybody has their Wake Forests on their schedule. Clemson has not played that schedule the last few years. We've played a Who's Who of some of the most elite programs in college football. And beat them. Beasley had a huge hand in that.

OK, so maybe he's a college hero who doesn't project well to the NFL. So let's go to the physical measureables...and...

Beasley destroyed it at the Combine. He was by far and away the #1 DE by physical measureables. He had the size, strength, and blazing 40-speed people wondered if he actually had. His agility drills were out-of-this-world.

He's a bright guy who finished and graduated college, hasn't had a lick of off-the-field trouble, is a high-character, high-work-ethic guy who converted from another position and still demonstrates some of the most flawless technique you'll ever see in a defensive end. He's got a myriad of pass-rush moves, can get the edge, swim and counter inside, can bull-rush...you name it. He was arguably the best player on the best defense in college football. NFL coaches noticed. Certainly Chip Kelly did. He was on hand in Boston when Clemson dismantled his buddy at BC, who was the Eagles' offensive coordinator. Not surprisingly, Kelly was also back in person for Clemson's Pro Day.

Why is this even a question for anybody? Beasley kind of reminds me of an Andrew Luck. You know EXACTLY what you're getting with this guy. There's a veritable mountain of highlight film - more than any other DE prospect in probably the last 10 years, in fact, and he backed up that highlight reel at the Combine. He's as close to a risk-free DE prospect as there is in the NFL draft.

And along comes McShay: "Uh...well. Beasley's a pile-watcher. I question his toughness. Yes, his toughness." McShay would have us believe Randy Gregory - who not only did not have Beasley's college production, but also had ganja smoke pouring out the earholes of his helmet and couldn't trouble himself to clean up even for the NFL drug tests, and who has had more than a few off-the-field issues, as well as that weight issue you mentioned, might somehow still be ahead of Beasley.

Whatever. People complicate it - certainly draft analysts looking for clicks do - but it ain't rocket science. Beasley's bona fides are as established as bona fides get. If he gets past the Raiders at #4, there's going to be a boatload of people looking to trade up to snag him.

Yep. +1... He had the most dominant performance of DEs?

Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 PM

Correction... He had the most dominant performance of ANYBODY at the NFL combine. Period...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF Post right here!

Apr 23, 2015, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Vic's edge rusher competition is dropping like flies ]

Seriously, this is the most complete, most honest and most accurate assessment of this DE class I've yet read. Anywhere. Fowler may go before Vic, and I can actually understand that based on body type and Fowler's attributes, however, Vic to me is the best edge rusher in the draft.

Great post.

They at like it's something new... 2-time All-American.***

Apr 23, 2015, 7:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,223
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic