Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Veterans/Active Duty thread (only Vets and AD respond):
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Veterans/Active Duty thread (only Vets and AD respond):

Oct 24, 2012, 10:04 AM

I'm a Veteran of the USAF and I thought the booing display Saturday one of the most classless things I've ever seen. The military complying with the orders of the COC is what keeps us free and gives bozos the freedom to boo.

God Bless America!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Keeps us all free" - LOL right

Oct 24, 2012, 10:06 AM

No troop has fought for my freedom since 1865.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang you're old.***

Oct 24, 2012, 10:08 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Oct 24, 2012, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's have a Rebel Yell:

Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 AM [ in reply to "Keeps us all free" - LOL right ]

YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaw!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Keeps us all free" - LOL right

Oct 24, 2012, 10:46 AM [ in reply to "Keeps us all free" - LOL right ]

so the men who fought in the "big one" didnt keep you free? The big one is WW2 if you didnt know

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, not at all.

Oct 24, 2012, 10:48 AM

Our involvement in WW2 was completely unnecessary and was provoked by FDR through the oil embargo against Japan.

If China came over here, posted ships all around our coastline, and prevented any oil imports, what do you think we would do to them?

Also, as to Europe, WW2 was caused by the lopsided terms of cease-fire in WW1, which we played a big part in. Either way, the Soviets did most of the work in defeating the Nazis, we were just there to rush in and get the spoils.

Are you really that ####### stupid?

Oct 24, 2012, 11:27 AM

Nevermind, I recall you awesome video...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope, not at all.

Oct 24, 2012, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Nope, not at all. ]

> Our involvement in WW2 was completely unnecessary and
> was provoked by FDR through the oil embargo against
> Japan.
>
> If China came over here, posted ships all around our
> coastline, and prevented any oil imports, what do you
> think we would do to them?
>
> Also, as to Europe, WW2 was caused by the lopsided
> terms of cease-fire in WW1, which we played a big
> part in. Either way, the Soviets did most of the work
> in defeating the Nazis, we were just there to rush in
> and get the spoils.

Wow, you have singlehandedly re-written history. I am sure the families of the victims at Pearl Harbour along with the thousands that met their fate in concentration camp gas chambers would appreciate your take on our role.

I picture you in a tie dyed T-shirt selling flowers near an airport :)

Peace , Love, Happiness!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Oct 24, 2012, 11:31 AM

Not quite. I'm not anti-war. I'm just anti-intervention. The war for Southern Independence was a fully justified war for the people of the South.

You are completely ridiculous.***

Oct 24, 2012, 10:49 AM [ in reply to "Keeps us all free" - LOL right ]

Look, read a book that wasn't provided by the government

Oct 24, 2012, 11:29 AM

and learn the actual history. Here's a good starter:
http://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incorrect-Guide-American-History/dp/0895260476

Tell it like it is Tom!

Oct 24, 2012, 11:58 AM [ in reply to "Keeps us all free" - LOL right ]

Hahaha...good stuff

Re: Veterans/Active Duty thread (only Vets and AD respond):

Oct 24, 2012, 10:14 AM

I respect/salute the Office of the President and not the man. Thought the booing was uncalled for and was in poor taste. Having said that, I think we are making a lot more out of this issue than is necessary. From where I was sitting the booing was recongnizable but was done by a minority of the people in the stadium. Just shows that many civilians don't understand how the military operates and how the military can respect/obey the orders of the Office of the President without supporting the political ideologies of the man occupying the office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if the president orders you to kill an American that

Oct 24, 2012, 10:17 AM

has not been accused, has not had charges brought before a grand jury, and has not had a trial, as afforded us by the US Constitution?

You can always refuse to kill someone if you don't agree

Oct 24, 2012, 10:21 AM

with the reasoning, but you show respect in doing it and go through the proper channels.

That's good to hear. I hope the troops will start doing that

Oct 24, 2012, 10:29 AM

In the mean time, I hope the citizens continue to boo the #### out of this government

Re: What if the president orders you to kill an American that

Oct 24, 2012, 10:56 AM [ in reply to What if the president orders you to kill an American that ]

CharlestonTom...First of all I thought this thread was for those of us that are veterans and/or are on active duty. By your idiotic 1865 comment earlier in this thread I don't suppose you meet either category. If you had served you would know that the military does not obey illegal orders... Illegal orders don't occur often but I have refused carry out a couple of them in my 25 year career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, somebody didn't

Oct 24, 2012, 11:05 AM

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/how-team-obama-justifies-the-killing-of-a-16-year-old-american/264028/#

And don't give me this "served" nonsense. It's a job, you signed up for it. You're not serving anyone. You're doing a job.

Also, my 1865 comment is based around the fact that our freedom hasn't been in jeopardy with any of the military engagements we've been involved in for the last 150 years.

And what about those that were drafted? Mr. Tom?!?***

Oct 24, 2012, 3:16 PM

Crickets.***

Oct 24, 2012, 3:28 PM

Re: What if the president orders you to kill an American that

Oct 24, 2012, 2:57 PM [ in reply to What if the president orders you to kill an American that ]

That is effectively what being in battle is all about - you are trying to kill a bunch of people who are likely in the same situation as you have found yourself. None of those involved have committed a crime or have had any reason to be indicted for anything. They die nonetheless and it does not matter if any president, or any battalion commander, or any squad sergeant, or anyone else gave you an order to do it. Ask Daniel Rodriguez if the president's name came to mind when he fought in any battle.

Oct 24, 2012, 10:25 AM

You nailed it Joseph, good post.

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Oct 24, 2012, 10:29 AM

I retired from the Air Force and continue to be involved in Afghanistan and previously in Iraq. I was at the game, heard the mummers and kind of chuckled. I served under Clinton and didn't like being used as a political diversion in actions in the former Yugoslavia, but I did what I was ordered to do. You can respect and carry out the orders of the President without liking them.

Lighten up. America is very much split in half. Was the booing done at an inopportune time? Yes. Is it really as big of a deal as most are making it? No.

And to the idiot that said he hasn't had a member of the military do anything for his freedom since 1865...you sir have absolutely no idea what you speak of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2012, 11:10 AM

I am an Army Vietnam Veteran..Saying that-I believe in The Freedom of Speach..Our country was founded on the right of freedom of speach..However, it was in bad taste to boo during the ceremony..

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2012, 11:32 AM

I completely agree!
I am a Clemson graduate, and received commission from clemson in 1975.

Now US Army retired
My political affiliation Is conservative republican ( just adding this so someone does not think I'm talking from a Obama supporter position, because I'm not! Regardless of who is in the position of President they should receive full respect of the position.)
I thought President's Barker's email was right on.
Unfortunately, the audience does not fully understand the seriousness of the ceremony, and thus did not give the respect warranted .

Before next year's military appreciation we may need to further educate our audience as to the meaning of the swearing in ceremony.

Go Tigers

Peter Grant
US Army Retired

Oct 24, 2012, 2:03 PM

4 years of USAF.

Some civilians do not understand (not all, but some) the sacrifices made by the men/women in uniform over the last 236+ years. When you feel the pride of wearing that uniform, looking at our flag while listening to something as wonderful as our national anthem or as sad as Taps, it is something hard to explain to others.

Raising one's hand and promising to defend the Constitution, the nation, and citizens goes beyond politics. Anyone performing the duties of the CINC should get full respect, save the political disagreements for non-military events.

I respect the rights, guaranteed by our Constitution, for others to “boo” but they should just think it thru and find the appropriate time and place.

Chicken-Killin I hate them dirt pecking birds (except on a plate...)

Oct 24, 2012, 2:17 PM

Yea, it is definitely in poor taste. The Oath of Enlistment is supposed to be a special moment. I think people are making more out of this than what really happend because politics is just so partisan these days, but booing during an enlistment ceremony is not a good thing.

Also a Vet of USAF (enlisted) and Alum of Clemson (1999)

Oct 24, 2012, 3:08 PM

Did not boo, but had no issue whatsoever with others doing it.

I did however cheer during the part about "Upholding the Constitution" as did many many others.

Oct 24, 2012, 3:22 PM

Serving in the military at times is no easy task. People may have their opinion on the leadership above us, but the men/women in the service have no choice on where they deploy and what goes on while they are deployed.

SSG POSEY
4 years USAF
5 years USAR

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic