Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Very cool weekend.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,188

Very cool weekend.

Jul 21, 2013, 11:37 PM

My son and I have been attending kicking camps through out the summer. We've camped with Clemson, Georgia, Alabama and finished up this weekend with the two day Ray Guy Prokicker camp.
Now I have to admit, the thought of meeting the legendary Ray Guy was pretty cool.
Well, yesterday at the end of day one I can't find my son anywhere......finally I go inside the gym and there he is talking to Ray Guy like an old friend! Every camper is gone and my kid stays to talk football with Ray Guy! He tells Ray that he learned how to put by watching his videos and Ray thinks that's just awesome!
We might have talked all night if someone hadn't come and said they were about to leave without him!
Today at the end of the camp Ray came and found my son, hugged him, took pictures with him and told Andy to keep in touch so he knows how this season goes!
I've always admired Ray Guy the punter but now I am much more impressed with Ray Guy the man!
Just wanted to share something good with my T-Net family! Going to bed tired but blessed! Have a great week y'all!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story. +1.***

Jul 21, 2013, 11:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an awesome experience for you and your son!***

Jul 21, 2013, 11:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Very cool weekend.

Jul 22, 2013, 3:26 AM

Great story.

Ray Guy = Puntmeister. that boy could kick it.***

Jul 22, 2013, 6:39 AM

Ray Guy has a Clemson connection, kinda, sorta.

Jul 22, 2013, 6:49 AM

In '81, when we were in NOLA to play Tulane, Dale Hatcher became only the 2nd person at the time to do THIS. What was it and who was the 1st ?

Hit the scoreboard hanging over the field with a punted ball.

Ray Guy was the first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Hit the inside of the Superdome with a punt.***

Jul 22, 2013, 7:10 AM

Hatcher had amazing hang time.***

Jul 22, 2013, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Ray Guy has a Clemson connection, kinda, sorta. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Some other interesting Ray Guy factoids....

Jul 22, 2013, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Ray Guy has a Clemson connection, kinda, sorta. ]

He is the only pure punter ever to be drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft when the Oakland Raiders selected him in 1973.

He was the first pure punter nominated for the professional football Hall of Fame. However, as of 2013, he is still not voted into the Hall of Fame.

In 2011 Guy filed for bankruptcy and was forced to auction-off his Super Bowl rings. The auction of the rings brought in $96,216.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 22, 2013, 11:07 AM

Shame he isn't in Hall of Fame. Was his camp in North Augusta?

Jul 22, 2013, 12:20 PM

ManNBlack, I'm pretty sure they do have a camp each year in North Augusta but this one was in Atlanta. They said it was the best turnout they've had this year. It was a very well run camp and the staff was outstanding!
Btw, I'm in total agreement about the Hall of Fame! Ray Guy deserves to be there and punters in general deserve more respect!
Anyone that thinks these guys are not important to the teams success or not as athletic are missing the big picture! It's not something everyone can do. I've seen my son shut the other team down and keep them pinned all night! (He works hard at it and his teammates love him!)
Nick Saban said at the Alabama Camp that punters are the guys who clean up the mess when the offense doesn't do their job! (Good way to put it!)

Message was edited by: AikenTiger1114®

Jul 22, 2013, 12:40 PM

AikenTiger - your boy sounds like a promising punter - hope he is thinking orange instead of crimson. All the best to him.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,188
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic