Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Swinney on Brent Venables being candidate for head coaching positions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,819

FB Update: WATCH: Swinney on Brent Venables being candidate for head coaching positions

Nov 10, 2015, 12:56 PM

WATCH: Swinney on Brent Venables being candidate for head coaching positions

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney on Brent Venables being candidate for head coaching positions

Nov 10, 2015, 1:11 PM

In the words of the almighty KC - "Please don't go."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already?

Nov 10, 2015, 3:08 PM

These guys can't even wait for it to be built all the way up before they lay the seeds of it being torn down. Two things are for certain. BV is fantastic at coordinating, and Dabo is fantastic at putting winning programs together. Neither of those will change whether BV stays or goes.

Venables is going nowhere

Nov 10, 2015, 4:51 PM

Tiger for life. He said in the summer, wish I could find the link but I'm not doing all that diggin.

Re: Venables is going nowhere

Nov 11, 2015, 2:48 AM

I feel the same way about BV. I don't think that BV wants any part of the HC headache. I think that BV loves it here at Clemson better than any where he has ever coached, and I don't think he is willing right now to risk letting this job go for the unknown. He is in a comfort zone at Clemson that he hasn't ever been in any where else. He is the HC over his defense at Clemson, and he is happy with that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully he'll be Dabo's Bud Foster***

Nov 11, 2015, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Venables is going nowhere ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV said he would've stayed here for less $. Plus I thought he wasn't interested in head coaching?***

Nov 10, 2015, 10:20 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney on Brent Venables being candidate for head coaching positions

Nov 10, 2015, 10:35 PM

The question was asked by Phil Kornccot. That troll is always trying to stir the pot.

Venables has addressed this once before during the GOLF DAY.

Nov 11, 2015, 10:15 AM

I remember like it was yesterday. I believe it was before the 2014 season. At the Media Golf Outing reporters were asking Brent Venables if he would consider a Head Coaching position somewhere else. This was his response... It went something to the effect of, "some people make good head coaches and some make better coordinators". He also said that he liked Clemson. I really do not see Brent Venables leaving the program anytime soon. Especially if Jake Venables commits to Clemson. His son is a Class of 2018 recruit and will more than likely attend Clemson. If so then we can expect to see BV on the Clemson Football Sidelines being pulled back from the field for many years to come. Also, Clemson just renewed their contract with Brent Venables. If a school has money to burn like that to buy BV out and pay him more then I say more power to them. I just don't see it happening.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

buyouts don't apply to taking head coaching job

Nov 11, 2015, 10:37 AM

I think he takes Kansas state after Snyder leaves. I don't see him going anywhere else.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,819
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic