Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Van Smith continues struggles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,806

Van Smith continues struggles

Oct 16, 2016, 11:26 AM

Appreciate his effort but like tyshon dye, its time to give younger guys a chance. Whether that means sliding into 1 safety look and inserting KorinWiggins back in, or moving carter over so that wallace gets more run...

He has struggled mightily in coverage and his strength from offseason (tackling/physicality) have not been good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We must not be watching the same games then******

Oct 16, 2016, 11:30 AM

did you miss it when he whiffed on the QB?***

Oct 16, 2016, 11:36 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Van Smith continues struggles

Oct 16, 2016, 11:33 AM

Obviously I need too rewatch the game because I thought he was really improving. Our offense is the problem. No excuse for 9 turnovers in 2 games. None.

Message was edited by: dtnickles®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 11:37 AM

The younger guys? He *is* a younger guy!

I think Van has come a long, long way in a short period of time. I don't have any problem with our defensive players right now. They've played their butts off and bailed out the offense after they've put them in short fields with even shorter rest.

He was exposed repeatedly yesterday

Oct 16, 2016, 11:47 AM

Many more "younger" options like Kvon, Trayvon Mullen, Muse (this his first yr playing), etc

Once you factor in the Troy game with his passpro, and the 10 clear plays yesterday where he didnt play as well as he usually does, it only makes sense

Oct 16, 2016, 11:37 AM

Are you serious? Van is the 2nd leading tackler on the team. Yea he got pushed around yesterday, but to be fair everyone on our team got bullied and was taking big hits. I even seen Boulware take a big shot from their RB, dayes.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:39 AM

He's been doing pretty good so far. I mean he might have some struggles but you have to realize he's just a sophomore and barely got any experience last year behind 2 NFL safeties that never left the field of play. He's made a lot of big tackles and hasn't been bad at his coverage

I think the entire

Oct 16, 2016, 11:54 AM

Defense could improve their tackling. I saw a lot of missed arm tackles yesterday and the wolfies backs pushed our defensive guys around more than any team we have played.

In addition, if this is one of college football best offensive lines, there has got to be a lot of lousy ol's out there. We are very,very ordinary up front!

We need a punter badly

he didn't make enough plays in the box yesterday, we needed

Oct 16, 2016, 11:39 AM

him more in run support

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our safety play has been 100 times better than last year.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:42 AM

Jadar and Van have been lights out.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:42 AM

Wiggins is a huge liability in coverage... huge. If you don't believe me, go back and watch the last three games. That injury definitely zapped some of his ability + confidence.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:51 AM

Van is playing the role that Kearse played as the run support saftey, but he lacks the size and strength to do so. He is often in the right place to make the plays but fails to do so. He often times whiff's on a tackle or tries to lower the shoulder and deliver a big hit but he just bounces of guys. If he is going to make tackles he has to do one of two things tackle low or stand the ball carrier up to allow the heavy hitters to come in and make the tackle.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,806
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic