Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Van Smith and Austin Bryant--I hope for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Van Smith and Austin Bryant--I hope for

Jul 16, 2016, 5:06 PM

Solid game against auburn. But then i think they'll have some time to develop into what I think will be big time by the time we need them against fsu and goin forward. They at least got some decent snaps last year, maybe more quality then quantity.

Http://www.independentmail.com/sports/college/clemson/player-to-watch-safety-van-smith-steps-into-big-role-in-tiger-secondary-36ffc0da-1c87-18a9-e053-0100-386631571.html?d=mobile

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Van Smith and Austin Bryant--I hope for

Jul 16, 2016, 5:14 PM

Van Smith has been one of my favorite players for a while him and Kaleb Chalmers both but Kaleb took the wrong path. Sucks cause he was super talented as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EDIT: Nm misread your post

Jul 16, 2016, 6:09 PM

Go tigers

Message was edited by: jtiger1®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jul 16, 2016, 8:15 PM

Van Smith has been awesome in the few times he has seen the field IMO. I love to watch this guy play. Attitude is similar to Ben Boulware IMO, which I love to watch. I expect Smith to be a star before he leaves CLEMSON. Auburn may be in for a rude awakening.

I liked what I saw out of Bryant. I hate to

Jul 16, 2016, 8:49 PM

Admit I didn't notice van smith as much as I'd like to have. I'll have to go back and watch some replays focusing on him. In my mind there's no doubt we have the raw talent. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised early on. I think they're going to be great IMO it's just a matter of when they will be great . . .

Re: I liked what I saw out of Bryant. I hate to

Jul 17, 2016, 3:13 AM

Van has the skills and the heart. Dining hall and weight room are keys to success. Wish I had that problem.

Van was awesome vs Mia, but looked shaky in other games

Jul 16, 2016, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Van Smith and Austin Bryant--I hope for ]

He has promise and should be a good player for us as he gains more experience. He's just like most Frosh, inconsistent. Bryant seems to have a great motor, but too often played with too high pad level and got stood up by Tackles. Once his strength increases, he lowers his pad level, and continues to add to his pass rushing moves, he has the potential to be as dominant as Dodd was the last half of last year. You can't teach motor.

Jul 16, 2016, 8:51 PM

Both will have their moments but they will be fine. Let's not forget that Bryant is only a Soph...I think we have enough depth at the End position to be effective.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic