Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VT fans gracious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

VT fans gracious

Oct 1, 2017, 2:44 PM

Went to the game. I must say it is one of the best college football atmospheres. The VT fans were very friendly and gracious, even after we opened the can of whoop a$s on them. We were seated mostly around Hokies with a few Clemson folks behind us. The stadium was rocking well into the 4th Q. The guy's girlfriend (acceptably cute 25 year old) next to me gave me and my son a hug when they left. A bit unexpected in that situation, but I went along :)

I have to brag...I think it was the 3rd Q after they had scored to get 10, and they held us and we punted. They had momentum. I told the Hokies around us I could feel a pick six coming. The Hokie next to me (the one with the girlfriend) offered me $50 if we got a pick 6, but wanted the same if they scored on that possession. I turned him down. Next play - pick 6! No kidding.

The only bad thing, and it was REALLY BAD, was post-game traffic. I don't understand how a program like Va Tech can't have a better exit strategy. As another testament to their fans, though, if I was a Hokie and aware of the clusterbuck post-game traffic, I would have certainly left before most of their fans did.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT fans gracious

Oct 1, 2017, 2:48 PM

I agree with everything you say about VT fans. I've been to a game there and really enjoyed it. I know where you can experience the opposite. Just down the road at UVA. I went to two games there and they were some of the most obnoxious fans I've ever encountered.

Oct 1, 2017, 2:52 PM

I have not been to UVA in a very long time. But, I live in Raleigh, and my middle son goes to NCSU. State fans have consistently been obnoxious since the 1980s!

Going to the Clemson game when they visit State, and we better get a better result than the last time I was there to see the Tigers!

ps. We = Clemson. I told my son, just because he goes to State does not mean I root for State when they play Clemson!

Oct 1, 2017, 2:53 PM

I concur... VT has incredibly passionate, knowledgeable and gracious fans. I went to the game in 2011 and the game last night and they are one of the best college fan bases out there. Great venue indeed! Yes, the traffic issue was a mess but that doesn't detract from the experience too much in my opinion.

Oct 1, 2017, 2:55 PM

I'll second this! The VT fans we sat beside were awesome!! Great W! Go Tigers!

Agreed...

Oct 1, 2017, 3:07 PM

the VT fans we encountered were all very welcoming and hospitable.

I also agree that the traffic in and out of Blacksburg was an absolute nightmare surpassed only by the crowd at the Waffle House in Dublin, VA after the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 1, 2017, 3:13 PM

to be fair, since I got moved to East Beach, I have to say our parking exit strategy SUCKS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic