Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE BAND...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE BAND...

Nov 30, 2015, 12:43 PM

During the singing of the South Carolina Alma Mater, the Clemson Band started playing and drowning out the Carolina fans singing.

I’m all for rivalries, but as Dabo said, “This is Clemson. You win with class, you lose with class”!

I realize that Carolina has done the same thing to us, but for us to drop to their level shows great disrespect for all Clemson fans. Quite frankly, I hope someone in the administration burns a new one in the Band Director and requires a formal apology.

Please Tiger band, show more class next time (and for the rest of this year).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE BAND...

Nov 30, 2015, 12:44 PM

Way to go Tiger Band.

Nov 30, 2015, 12:45 PM

Screw the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Actually, I think whoever ordered that needs a raise***

Nov 30, 2015, 12:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I was very disappointed we had to hear the SCar band

Nov 30, 2015, 12:47 PM

playing that silly 'defense' ditty so much on TV. Good night, it is more annoying that the GT's band music.

And, the vuvuzela.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

YES - that friggin' vuvuzela!

Nov 30, 2015, 2:24 PM

Glad someone else noticed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen the band make a mistake like this one other time

Nov 30, 2015, 12:48 PM

I saw them do something similar @ Wake Forest once in 2010. I went and apologized to the Wake Band Director myself and he said that the Tiger Band director had already apologized for the mistake and he believed that it was an honest mistake. I'm hoping that's the case this time as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I promise you it was not intentional. Dr. Speak is OCD

Nov 30, 2015, 12:56 PM

about those type of things. If true, I assure you that he has already apologized.

From my vantage point in the upper desk(508), I felt the Carolina Band and PA announcer disrepected the Tiger Band's playing of the Clemson alma mater after the game.

Sorry. Dr. Spead***

Nov 30, 2015, 12:57 PM

Spede***

Nov 30, 2015, 2:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 30, 2015, 12:59 PM

Sorry you are wrong. We started to play our Alma Mater way before they started playing there's. Don't think we played anything until they finished.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 1:22 PM

I was not at the game, so I can not state an opinion for or against. But, as a former member of Tiger Band, I can assure you that (if this did happen) it was an honest mistake. Band Directors are generally classy people who respect each other, and I know our director or assistants would never disrespect another band purposely.

Well said and enough said. Let's move on. Beat unc!***

Nov 30, 2015, 1:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE BAND...***

Nov 30, 2015, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nov 30, 2015, 1:32 PM

Actually it was the other way around. The scar band started around "reign supreme alway"

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Go Band !***

Nov 30, 2015, 1:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude i was sitting beside Tiger band.

Nov 30, 2015, 1:36 PM

They were absolutely well into the Clemson alma mater before cooter coot band started honking theirs out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to hear that.***

Nov 30, 2015, 1:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, ClassicT? Which is it?

Nov 30, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to dude i was sitting beside Tiger band. ]

Because if you just mistakenly called out Tiger Band then I'm afraid that "requires a formal apology"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They prolly thought 2001 was the coot alma mater ...

Nov 30, 2015, 1:40 PM

honest mistake

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well........enjoy eating your crow !***

Nov 30, 2015, 1:41 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic