Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Utah is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Utah is...

Nov 24, 2019, 12:18 AM

Playing foosball. Would love to see them make it in. They have the speed to make it interesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Utah is...

Nov 24, 2019, 12:29 AM

Earlier this week I heard someone say that behind Ohio State and Clemson, they appear to be the most well-rounded team in the nation...this game has been very impressive. I’m starting to agree with that statement.

I remember earlier in the year I heard something pretty interesting. During a game announcers were talking about how Kyle Whittingham (Utah’s coach) had turned down offers to interview for other coaching positions...why? Because he loved the upside of Utah’s program. The University of Utah is located in Salt Lake City, the headquarters of the Mormon church. The largest missionary area for the Mormon Church is the South Pacific/Samoa. Thanks to this religious connection, Utah has become a hotbed for Samoans, who are famously large, strong human beings. He believes he can build the most physically dominant team in the PAC-12 due to this, and if you look at how they look up front, he’s not wrong.

Nov 24, 2019, 12:44 AM

Before we crown them. Let’s not forget Arizona is not a good football team.

At the moment their schedule is as bad as ours and they lost to the one team they played with a pulse in USC. They big win right now is Washington.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2019, 12:47 AM

Their strength of schedule is 50th, our is 68th. I’m not saying they’re as good as Clemson, I’m saying they look like a very good football team and are playing very well...the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Nov 24, 2019, 12:48 AM

I hit reply too early...

Arizona definitely isn’t a good football team, but they’re beating a bad football team the way a good football team should, sort of like how we have been doing all season sans-UNC.

Nov 24, 2019, 1:00 AM

Definitely pulling for them with all of this said.

I really do not want 2 SEC teams in over 1 loss conference champions. It is not right.

Nov 24, 2019, 1:10 AM

Agreed. The one (bizarre) scenario I wouldn’t be against is Minnesota somehow beating Ohio State, and the playoff becomes LSU, Clemson, Minnesota, Ohio State

Nov 24, 2019, 1:11 AM

Not saying I want that, but I’ll take it over two SEC teams.

Nov 24, 2019, 12:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Utah is... ]

Agreed. They are a good football team. I think any of the top 3 would be favored by at least 10 over the Utes. Mind you I think Utah could beat UGA.

Splitting hairs with the 50th ranked schedule vs 68. Look at the schedule. The teams they have beaten are not good and would rival the weakness of the ACC this year. The difference is USC.

Nov 24, 2019, 1:08 AM

Yeah I’m with you, and I think that the ACC is always going to lose the benefit of the doubt because of the horrible inconsistency. I don’t see any difference between the teams we’ve played.

I think this year is clearly 3 teams + the field. It’s not great, but it’s better than 2 teams + the field, which is how it’s been for the past 4 years. Hopefully our boys keep it up and knock out the next two games and then we can get more serious about “Who’s In?” Haha

Nov 24, 2019, 2:11 AM

I don't care about any other team but Clemson, but I would love to see the playoffs have the best 4 teams in the playoffs, and what conference they come from shouldn't matter if the are the best 4 teams. But I'm afraid that with all bias favoritism within and outside the playoff committee and media opinion, it's going to be impossible to get the best two teams playing for the NC with only a 4 team playoff system!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But...saying Bama is one of the best four teams is totally subjective!

Nov 24, 2019, 2:23 AM

I am saying Bama, assuming LSU beats UGA, thus Bama would possibly move up to fourth! Why should Bama then get a 2nd chance against LSU? LSU has already proven they are better than Bama! Re-matches should be avoided if at all possible!

The next team in line to get in the final four should be the PAC 12 winner, if it's Utah! We already know LSU is better than Bama...we only think they are better than Utah, but we don't know!

Also, winning your conference should mean something! A one loss team not winning their conference, should not get in ahead of a conference champ with only one loss!

Let's remove most of the subjectivity from the CFP selections! Pick four teams from the five P5 conference champs. A non conference champ could then only get in if they have less losses than one of the top conference champs! The same for Notre Dame.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2019, 2:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Utah is... ]

Well I think the best teams have gotten into the playoff up until now, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about there...there hasn’t been a deserving team left out yet in my opinion. I think there have been plenty of mismatches, but I think that’s more of a testament to the fact that College Football doesn’t have a lot of elite teams...there’s generally only 2-3 per year. For the past 4 years, I think there have only been two: Clemson & Alabama. As long as the truly elite teams get into the playoff, I’m fine with four.

This year, it would appear there are three elite teams: LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson. There is going to have to be a fourth team in there, and I hope it’ll be Utah (assuming they earn it). I may be biased because I’m currently based out of Colorado, but I would like to see more teams from the West get involved in the national conversation.

If Utah wins out, they should without a doubt, be the 4th team!

Nov 24, 2019, 3:04 AM

Even if UGA beats LSU! Conference champs should get in over non conference champs, unless the non conference champ has fewer losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic