Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p)

Dec 1, 2013, 6:21 PM

Clemson team, South Carolina students involved in halftime, postgame incidents; no charges reported from Williams-Brice Stadium

Aaron Brenner
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2013 5:53 p.m.

COLUMBIA – Tensions ran high between the Clemson football team and South Carolina student section in the north end zone of Williams-Brice Stadium, including debris being thrown at halftime and a scary incident postgame, but there doesn’t appear to be significant long-term concerns following USC’s 31-17 victory Saturday night.

The visiting tunnel at South Carolina’s home stadium exits through the northwest corner of the field, just in front of the Gamecocks’ student fans. It is fairly narrow, requiring a few extra moments for players, coaches and support staff to bottleneck into the locker room.

Just after Clemson kicker Chandler Catanzaro booted a 38-yard field goal to cut South Carolina’s halftime lead to 17-10, there were words exchanged between the visiting team and host fans, with bottles and other objects tossed in the direction of the Tigers.

“Yeah, that’s college football. It’s disappointing that people are throwing bottles, because people could get hurt,” Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. “It’s not representative of their team or their coaches. That’s disappointing, because it’s dangerous. Guys are out there competing, trying to play at the highest level. You hate to see things like that, but that’s just part of it.”

Then at the conclusion of the game, the final few players were delayed on their way into the Tigers’ locker room when a Clemson staffer and USC student were involved in a physical altercation, according to event staff and multiple students who witnessed the actions.

Thousands of fans lingered in the bleachers well after the final whistle, while Missouri-Texas A&M was being broadcast on the Jumbotron – a game affecting South Carolina’s fate in the race for an SEC Championship game bid. About 10 minutes after the Tigers left the field, a few students who saw the fracas said stadium security personnel quickly whisked the Clemson staffer away from the stands.

South Carolina spokesman Steve Fink wrote in a Sunday afternoon e-mail to the Post and Courier: “Law enforcement has no reports or charges involving anyone from the Clemson team.”

Swinney and Clemson spokesman Tim Bourret indicated nobody involved with the Tigers was injured.

South Carolina has beaten Clemson five straight years, its longest winning streak in the series. The rivalry returns to Death Valley on Nov. 29, 2014.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p)

Dec 1, 2013, 6:30 PM

Link ??????? to go with these words from some guy named Aaron Brenner.....I say BS....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you''ll need to call the Charleston Post&Courier

Dec 1, 2013, 6:33 PM

and tell them you don't believe their beat writers story.

See..."c/p" is short for "copy and paste"....look it up yourself

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

moron***

Dec 1, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

Dec 1, 2013, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

Why are you being selective in what you believe to be true? Are you so blinded by your passion for your beloved team that you don't think that there is any way that the Carolina fans can behave like idiots? Puh leez. Fans on either side can behave like lunatics at times.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 7:00 PM

I am just glad none of our players caught Hep C from their fans

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw the students throw stuff at our team at halftime

Dec 1, 2013, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

With my own 2 eyes. Even USuCk fans in my section thought that was classless

I call BS on that

Dec 1, 2013, 7:04 PM

there is no way any coot would think any other coot is classless. Coots is coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link for USuC fans too stupid to use Google

Dec 1, 2013, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20131201/PC20/131209922/1177/clemson-team-south-carolina-students-involved-in-halftime-postgame-incidents-no-charges-reported-from-williams-brice-stadium

Won't find it in The State fan rag. They only print HOMER

Dec 1, 2013, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

stories. They have no Clemson beat writer. They don't print any negative U$uC stories. Just as Ron Morris what happens when you try.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 6:53 PM

What babo and the writer don't mention is it all started before the game when clempson does the little walk holding hands. After thst they were taunting the student section talking ####. Dabo knows it. Who the hell walks towards the student section endzone then bresks apart and starts screaming at them and tauntimg them

Even if true that warrants throwing bottles?***

Dec 1, 2013, 6:57 PM

obviously, to a coot it does***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

Listen $hit for brains.

If you in any way, shape, or form, think that what individuals say who are on field to participate is equal to morons throwing objects on the field from the stands, then you are more stupid than you sound. Congratulations! That would be quite an achievement.

+1 but you didn't have to give his dietary preferences....***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The chicken braintrust hard at work here....Crump, banhammer***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dec 1, 2013, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swearinger taunted us last year

Dec 1, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

So, players messing with student sections is nothing new. Responding by throwing objects at the players is low, no matter who you are

i lol'd

Dec 1, 2013, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

“Yeah, that’s college football. It’s disappointing that people are throwing bottles, because people could get hurt,” Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. “It’s not representative of their team or their coaches. That’s disappointing, because it’s dangerous. Guys are out there competing, trying to play at the highest level. You hate to see things like that, but that’s just part of it.”

uhh someone needs to show dabo the film of their players taunting and what not after every play.

Re: i lol'd

Dec 1, 2013, 7:53 PM

yeah! make sure he sees boyd throw a punch at the end of the 1st half too!

coot asked for it..

Dec 1, 2013, 8:02 PM

one can only take some moron in their face jawing the whole time before losing their cool

If you call that little shove a punch you must get your butt

Dec 1, 2013, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: i lol'd ]

kicked a lot

Dec 1, 2013, 8:03 PM [ in reply to i lol'd ]

What do you turds not understand about the concept that whatever the players may or may not have done ON THE FIELD OF PLAY, throwing bottles and other objects onto the field at opposing players is NEVER justified.

Geez, you simpletons are special breed of stupid.

Dec 1, 2013, 8:05 PM

Water bottles and towels, the horror.

Dec 1, 2013, 8:07 PM

Wow, just wow.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: i lol'd ]

And that's the exact mindset that leads to these type of incidents. It's only a bottle so that's ok...oh, it's only a brick so that's ok. Whatever. If people are so hell bent on hurting someone, then either join MMA or join a branch of the armed forces. If you're to skeered to do either of those, then please sit back and refrain from behaving like a child.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:53 PM

oops... I meant too skeered and not to skeered...my bad

cootlumbia=sewer full of rats***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:55 PM

Dec 1, 2013, 7:59 PM

Tiger Players kind of asked for whatever they got after the way they acted in the endzone pregame. Looked like a bunch of idiots.

You just remember that when a bunch of Clemson fans do

Dec 1, 2013, 8:18 PM

the same thing to those "student-athletes"(chuckle) representing chickentech.

"They asked for it".....are you really an idiot or do you just play one on the internet??

Re: You just remember that when a bunch of Clemson fans do

Dec 1, 2013, 8:37 PM

I don't care if some Clemson students throw a water bottle at one of our players. Why should I?

Players are held to a higher standard. Win and it shuts up everybody. Only losers sit around after the fact whining about poor treatment.

We all know that U$uC fans are not held at a high level

Dec 1, 2013, 8:41 PM

They are classless.

I'd love to tell them where they can stick their finger/thumb. But I am trying to show some class. I'm pretty sure the message of a middle finger in my face is about the same as the thumb. Classless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

Thank you for providing us with your expertise on being an idiot. It's much appreciated. Now move along.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

Where is the link about what the players did? Y'all wanted proof about how your fans acted and when you got it you started making crap up. Also I guess that means your team deserved the butt kicking they got in Lou's last game for how they acted when we ran down the hill

Wow, I joke around a lot about USuCk fans having low morals

Dec 1, 2013, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

and what not but what you said is just plain ignorant and classless. So, if you managed to get your ### whipped next year on Clemson's campus, don't look for me or any other Clemson fan for assistance since you should 'expect' that.

Also, let me know if your son or daughter plays some kind of sport...I may wanna chuck some bottles at them as well since it is to be expected....low life.

Classy. Real classy.***

Dec 1, 2013, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Usuck fans attack Clemson Football Team (c/p) ]

Dec 1, 2013, 9:19 PM

Tell 'em COOT!!!!

We were actually throwing those zero bars back.***

Dec 1, 2013, 10:09 PM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic