Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the Mrs just agreed we could start this summer going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

So the Mrs just agreed we could start this summer going

Mar 27, 2019, 9:26 AM

To one or two baseball stadiums until we’ve made it to every stadium in the MLB. She comes from a big baseball family and our son has played since he was 4. The whole family is excited so........

Which games would you suggest for our inaugural season?!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ur son playing trip U ?***

Mar 27, 2019, 9:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Ur son playing trip U ?***

Mar 27, 2019, 9:35 AM

No, he’s 14 now. He does have 3 out of state tournaments this summer
Lexington, KY
Indianapolis, IN
Charleston, SC

So we may try to find something on the way to one of those or on the way back.

If he has summer tournaments he has to be

Mar 27, 2019, 9:43 AM

Playing for some organization. trip U is the biggest so that was just a guess.

Cant be Dixie youth or little league.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Ur son playing trip U ?***

Mar 27, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Ur son playing trip U ?*** ]

He’s doing a few Perfect Game tournaments getting prepared for next years Showcases

Wow.. perfect game at 14.. big time.

Mar 27, 2019, 12:54 PM

Bright future

Re: Wow.. perfect game at 14.. big time.

Mar 27, 2019, 1:54 PM

His coach is good friends with the Miami Hurricanes staff so he’s already been introduced. He’s a lefty which is weird because he’s the only lefty in the family.

Yes he pitches and plays CF. Looking to take him to Clemson’s baseball camp next summer.

I am a Yankee fan, but

Mar 27, 2019, 9:31 AM

I loved going to Fenway. Lot's of history and great atmosphere.

It helped that I saw El Duque and the Yankees beat the Sox!

The Boston fans were great, btw.

Re: I am a Yankee fan, but

Mar 27, 2019, 9:38 AM

Those two are earmarked. Our daughters favorite team is the Yankees and our sons is the Red Sox, which makes for awesome trash talking in our house??.

Anyway, when they graduate high school part of their graduation present is attending their teams venue. Our daughter is a Junior so next year is Yankee stadium.

NOTHING

Mar 27, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to I am a Yankee fan, but ]

Can compare with a game in Fenway Park. Unbelievable fan base. Fantastic team to watch play too! If you could see a game with the Yankees that would be an added bonus. That is something I have never done.
I was in Boston one weekend and the Sox were playing the Mariners in a Sunday afternoon game. I was determined to get a ticket for that game because Roger Clemens was scheduled to pitch. Tickets were not to be had! I took the MTA down to the park very early Sunday morning hoping to find a scalper but they weren’t out that early. I saw someone in the ticket office although it wasn’t open. I knocked on the glass and a guy came to see what I wanted. I asked about tickets knowing what the answer would be. He said... you’re in luck, I just had two corporate tickets turned in. Naturally I bought them and had great seats just above the third base dugout. Clemens didn’t even get out of the first inning! Long day in Fenway.

Re: NOTHING

Mar 27, 2019, 1:25 PM

That was a #1 narrative...Painted a picture in my minds eye...

Re: So the Mrs just agreed we could start this summer going

Mar 27, 2019, 9:32 AM

Obviously easier to get to some on the east coast, but highly recommend the Giants Oracle Park.

Mar 27, 2019, 11:04 AM

I have been and I would agree with this recommendation.

I sat in right field out near McCovey Cove which was pretty neat.

It may not be the best seats in the house, but it is the unique trait of the park.

you can plan a week trip to the NE and literally knock out 7

Mar 27, 2019, 9:42 AM

different parks-- heck- you might even be able to do a twilight - 2 parks in a day if the timing is right

Love It!!! Building memories every way possible . . .

Mar 27, 2019, 10:36 AM

My Dad would take me and my siblings to Braves Games once or twice every season. I continued that tradition by taking mine. We can't afford the US Tour of MLB Facilities, so we make sure we see a different team every year.

My oldest, who is 33 now, still talks about Chipper hitting 3HR in one game off of Randy Johnson . . . as I can remember Rico Carty hitting 4 in a single game.

These memories will be with your family until we all graduate!!!

While I am jealous of your upcoming summer . . . I am extremely happy for you!!! Congrats on picking a great Mrs!!!

Re: Love It!!! Building memories every way possible . . .

Mar 27, 2019, 1:37 PM

Ballparks are neat for touring... Watched the Braves on Sunday when Koufax won it for the Dodgers, like 2-1...Got snowed in in (that can't be right.) Kansas City.. No driving on the Interstate but a cabby got us to the stadium...Chiefs vs Chargers... Going from Riverside to LA(THE TRAFFIC!!)and finding our way to Olympic Stadium for the Rams game on a Monday Night...1950's - 1970's...

Mar 27, 2019, 10:43 AM

PNC park in Pittsburgh is really nice. Reds stadium is ok but not nearly as nice as PNC. Beautiful views of the skyline of Pittsburgh.

Mar 27, 2019, 11:11 AM

Still remember my dad and uncle taking me to Crosley Field to watch the Reds play the Mets. Enjoyed watching Frank Robinson run down a fly ball up on the terrace and bang of the outfield fence. Oh, to be young again.

My Dad and uncle Bob, who lived in Brooklyn

Mar 27, 2019, 11:20 AM

Took me to Ebbets Field to see Jackie Robinson play one summer. That has been many, many years ago but I remember it as if it were yesterday. Some of your greatest memories will develop in a ball park.

We also went to Belmont Park that weekend. My first horse race but it doesn’t compare with seeing Duke Snider and Ted Kluszewski and Jackie,

My greatest memory of Frank Robinson was

Mar 27, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: So the Mrs just agreed we could start this summer going ]

when a busload of us Walter Reed Hospital guys were taken to a game at the Orioles old park. We had a guy from the head injury ward on the bus who talked crazy stuff all the way from DC who sat a row behind me on the right field line. Frank blasted a line drive screamer that I could hear sizzle as it passed over my head - didn't dare to reach up to try to catch it. Turned to see the afore- mentioned guy raise his hands to give it a try without even cupping his hands (looked sort of like a referee signaling a TD except his arms were extended straight in front of his face) - and the ball hit him square in his forehead, knocking him out. The attendants managed to drag him to the aid station and came back later with worried looks on their faces. They said they had managed to wake him up but he kept talking in a bizarre manner. We all laughed and assured them that he was just fine because he had been that way for quite sometime.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: So the Mrs just agreed we could start this summer going ]

We went to PNC Park 3 years ago while we were doing a family mission trip with our church.

It’s a beautiful park with outstanding views! Could not agree more!

Mar 27, 2019, 12:11 PM

If you can get out west Dodger stadium is a must. Parts of it are a little dated but its absolutely gorgeous.

Mar 27, 2019, 11:09 AM

My pick would be Yankees because I am a fan, but you already have a plan for that next summer.

Camden Yards to see the Orioles is a fun park to watch a game.

Even better if you can pick a time where one of your children's favorite team is playing since it's in the division.

I haven't been to the Nationals park but those two would be easy to do in a weekend.

I'm sure the Braves are on your list if you haven't already been since it appears you are in the southeast.

Mar 27, 2019, 12:23 PM

Funny you mentioned those two because we’re looking at Camden or the Nationals this year. Always respected Ripken’s longevity.

And yes, we live outside of Greensboro, NC. And everyone knows what colors we wear and they aren’t blue. Everyone thinks my son and I only have orange in the closet??

Mar 27, 2019, 1:42 PM

If you do check out an Orioles game and want to hit a few highlights around the stadium, there was a hot dog stand in center field that served a hot dog topped with mac n cheese and shredded crab meat.

It was very unique and it tasted good enough that I was glad I decided to try it.

My wife and I also shared nachos topped with crab meat.

Another stadium highlight is the plaques on the sidewalk in right field of some of the farthest home runs hit in the stadium's history.

Each has the name of the batter and the distance.

Also we sat in the second deck behind the first base dugout and there were a few seats in the section that had somewhat of an obstructed view of some parts of the field.

Just something to look out for if you sit in that area.

We ended up moving around the stadium to take in everything and because the game wasn't overly exciting and found some good areas in center field to be able stand and watch for a little while.

There were also a few statues of former players to check out in left-center field.

Good luck! I hope you and your family have a blast wherever you decide to go!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic