Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Updated POLL What service will you have on Aug 29th?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Updated POLL What service will you have on Aug 29th?

Aug 12, 2019, 1:05 PM

What service will you have on Aug 29th? If you are changing , and choose to comment, it would be great to know what were t he key factors and if you personally researched the features of the competitive products.....I would love to get everyone's opinion and send it to the big 3 cable guys and dish to show them just a small slice of what they are messing with.

Cable companies do NOT realize what they are messing with this time around. When the SEC network launched, streaming TV was not mainstream, it was in it's infancy and was not an option for the majority of cable customers. That is not the case. These companies are playing with Fire.

What Serivice will you use Aug 29th if ACCN is only avail as indicated below    [Results]

Charter/Spectrtum NOACC
Comcast NOACC
DirecTV ACC
Dish Network NO ACC
YouTubeTV ACC
HULU LIVE ACC
SLING NO ACC NO LOCALS
PS VUE ACC
OTHER CABLE ACC
Pirated Streaming Service ACC maybe Jail
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Updated POLL What service will you have on Aug 29th?

Aug 12, 2019, 1:07 PM

What service will you have on Aug 29th? If you are changing , and choose to comment, it would be great to know what were t he key factors and if you personally researched the features of the competitive products.....I would love to get everyone's opinion and send it to the big 3 cable guys and dish to show them just a small slice of what they are messing with.

Cable companies do NOT realize what they are messing with this time around. When the SEC network launched, streaming TV was not mainstream, it was in it's infancy and was not an option for the majority of cable customers. That is not the case. These companies are playing with Fire.

This is a "grass roots" way of providing a view of Tigernets College Football fandom opinion on priorities of ACC network inclusion in their package.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 1:09 PM

Please feel free to answer the poll even if you are staying put with your current provider.
Thanks

Aug 12, 2019, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Updated POLL What service will you have on Aug 29th? ]

Hulu Live

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

I have Hulu + Live, but

Aug 12, 2019, 1:11 PM

I will be watching the game live from my seat in Death Valley.

Go Tigers! ??????????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I have Hulu + Live, but

Aug 12, 2019, 1:16 PM

I will be watching the game live from my seat in Death Valley.

Go Tigers! ??????????

LOL , good point... you should be casting your vote for Hulu Livethen :). If you guys could help keep this thread front and forward for a while we should be able to get enoughnumbers to actually apply some dollars to the potential loss the non ACC services face.

Unlike some others , I believe that the vast majority of people tha cut the cord and go to streamlining expecting to just stay there for football season, will find that they wish they had switched a long time ago. I know I feel that way.

I did.

Aug 12, 2019, 1:18 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I have Hulu + Live, but

Aug 12, 2019, 2:29 PM [ in reply to I have Hulu + Live, but ]

Yo lemme get that login.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of the providers you list with no ACCN

Aug 12, 2019, 1:14 PM

Will have the ACCN by August 29th.

Re: A lot of the providers you list with no ACCN

Aug 12, 2019, 1:16 PM

Directv Now.

Re: A lot of the providers you list with no ACCN

Aug 12, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to A lot of the providers you list with no ACCN ]

rhettm said:

Will have the ACCN by August 29th.

It says in the question, If they do NOT have. People are getting tired of waiting to find out and are switching now. If yo plan on staying on Charter /Spectrum because in your mind , "they will " have it. Check the Charter box

I switched to Hulu Live over a year ago.

Aug 12, 2019, 2:31 PM

Aug 12, 2019, 1:17 PM

I have PS Vue already, so no worries.

But for everyone else, why so much anger over this? I'd bet that all of these cable companies will have a deal worked out by the time the season rolls around. This network isn't even on air yet, they're just trying to drag it out to get the best deal.

And if for some reason it doesn't work out for the first game of the year, just do a streaming trial and watch the game that way, I'm sure the ACC Network will be picked up by your cable supplier soon thereafter.

It's like a crusade for some people on here... besides having been using streaming tv for a year or so now I do miss my DirecTV greatly. Being a minute behind on live sports and dealing with intermittent buffering issues gets old, and I miss my DVR functionality. But I save on money so who's to say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 1:20 PM

I have PS Vue already, so no worries.

But for everyone else, why so much anger over this? I'd bet that all of these cable companies will have a deal worked out by the time the season rolls around. This network isn't even on air yet, they're just trying to drag it out to get the best deal.

And if for some reason it doesn't work out for the first game of the year, just do a streaming trial and watch the game that way, I'm sure the ACC Network will be picked up by your cable supplier soon thereafter.

It's like a crusade for some people on here... besides having been using streaming tv for a year or so now I do miss my DirecTV greatly. Being a minute behind on live sports and dealing with intermittent buffering issues gets old, and I miss my DVR functionality. But I save on money so who's to say.

"Not so fast, muy confident little frien" -Lee Corso That is what the PAC12 was saying all along! And look at them now

Aug 12, 2019, 1:20 PM

That's because the PAC-12 sux

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 1:23 PM

That's because the PAC-12 sux

Its an easy question, pick the service you intend to have on the 29th, whatever the reason. No anger here, just a very real snapshot of how people that I banter with and that for the most part love Clemson sports see the the options of TV service.

I have had YouTube Tv for a year now, and have virtually no

Aug 12, 2019, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Updated POLL What service will you have on Aug 29th? ]

buffering. The lag behind DirecTv is 30 seconds or less(I still have DTV too, since I'm only paying $31 per month). Though I guess there is some lag with satellite too. I don't really see the importance of a 30 second lag from live.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 1:23 PM

Hulu live

red

Aug 12, 2019, 1:27 PM

dit

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the sec launched it was the same

Aug 12, 2019, 1:28 PM

If toy have the sec channel there is a very good chance you'll have the acc.

Seems the U is the only 1 they keep in their hip pocket

I completed the poll. Have charter...will keep charter.

Message was edited by: GeeVille Tiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 12, 2019, 1:37 PM

Fickna roll with YouTubeTV

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 12, 2019, 2:01 PM

You Tube TV looks like a much better deal than my current Spectrum with all the additional channels that I watch.

Aug 12, 2019, 2:16 PM

I'll stick with Spectrum until I replace the TV in my pool room with another smart Samsung TV. It's just too much of a pain in the ars to use YouTube TV unless you can download the app onto the TV.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 12, 2019, 2:25 PM

Pig said:

I'll stick with Spectrum until I replace the TV in my pool room with another smart Samsung TV. It's just too much of a pain in the ars to use YouTube TV unless you can download the app onto the TV.

I am not trying to change your mind, but you do know that you can buy a 29 dollar Roku Stick at Walmart that plugs in to the HDMI cable on your Pool Room TV and it basically makes your TV a Smart TV? Absolutely no tools required. All you will need is your wifi password one time.

Reply to Pig & EssoClub2 - about Samsung

Aug 12, 2019, 5:21 PM

Yes, you can use a Roku stick or Roku box to get YouTube TV or Hulu Live, etc - IF your Samsung is a "2016 model" or later. In my case, I replaced 3 TVs in Dec 2015 with Samsungs - so I can't do a thing w/them.

Just a warning to all of you about SAMSUNG. They make a lot of good products - - that's why I bought Samsung TVs. But IF you have a problem with anything they make (like I did with a Samsung cell) - they will NOT stand by any warranty or help you one bit. Their customer service dept is a sham! Trust me - the dept is there, but Samsung has NO intention of REALLY helping any customer with anything. They'll run you around in circles for 2-3 months, but you WILL NOT get anything repaired or replaced. They figure they're so huge, the customers they screw don't matter. I've vowed NEVER buy anything "SAMSUNG" again.

Friendly advice based on my frustrating experience with them. Looking online, you'll see 100s - 1,000s of just what I describe here. Products are usually OK, but get a lemon & you're gonna EAT that cost - because SAMSUNG is a crooked company.

Aug 12, 2019, 2:36 PM

You people are looking at this the wrong way. It’s not my responsibility to force a provider to carry something new that was on their package last year because all of the business of college football wants the very last dollar out of my pockets. Were there really games that weren’t being shown last year such that an entire new channel was needed to carry them? No. You think this is a revenue generator for Clemson? Exactly where do you think that money is coming from. Clemson would have been better off keeping their own funding from their fan base to themselves instead of splitting it across the conference and ESPN. This is nothing more than another evolution of pay per view games. ESPN is shrinking precisely because their cost is too high to justify. This is nothing more than an ESPN Ocho network pimping Clemson football as their lead. You think there were any Duke or UNC basketball games last year people wanted to see but couldn’t? These conference networks are a joke and the announcer bias present on the SEC games will likely be seen from the ACC side too. Just what we needed - more garbage analysis instead of an impartial presentation of a sporting event. JMHO flame away

Aug 12, 2019, 3:48 PM

I am saving money not spending mor money , YouTubeLive Baby! More eyes on the ACC network means more dollars in Clemson’s pockets .

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic