Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update on toilet paper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Update on toilet paper

Mar 27, 2020, 3:39 PM

People still lining up at Ingles to get their tp fix.Think I’m gonna go at 7 a.m. and douse them with water balloons.??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update on toilet paper

Mar 27, 2020, 4:04 PM

Years ago I had a friend from P&G tell me they made different formulations of the same brand for different regions of the country. I didnt press for specifics. I just harken back to the good ole days where you could actually get tp

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 4:10 PM

Went to 6 places yesterday. Finally got a 12 pack of the old timey rolls... U know, the kind you only go one time and it's out. Still no paper towels or alcohol.

Were we really that dependant on china st al. I really thought TP was still homegrown in Savannah.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 4:14 PM

You know we're in trouble when our Christmas cards are made in China.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Update on toilet paper ]

It is. At least one Georgia Pacific plant in Brunswick.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 4:31 PM

One in Georgetown too, smells so sweet ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 27, 2020, 4:40 PM

We live in upstate SC and were getting low on TP. Wife stopped by local Dollar General store this past Wed. to buy. No TP. Manager was at checkout and told her, we have a truck coming in at 5:00 AM tomorrow and will be re-stocking TP. Be here at 8:00 AM opening and you'll TP, hand sanitizers etc. I was there Thur at 10 mins till 8 and 1st in the door. There was not a whole lot of paper products but enough. I only bought 2 packs (8 rolls ea) and left the rest for others.

So, find out when the trucks come in and maybe go from there.. Worked for us..

WT

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 5:06 PM

I did find buns for my Italian sausage today but TP turned out to be an aisle too far. Actually I just checked out of curiosity. I’m one that likes to prepare prior to emergencies. The seven Ps and all...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Update on toilet paper ]

My first job back in the late 80s was stocking at Winn-Dixie. Back then, we'd get 3 trucks a week (small town). I'm guessing most big stores are getting multiple trucks a day, but probably only stocking TP at night to avoid people going bonkers and injuring workers.

Just a few observations: 1) Good call asking someone when the trucks come in. That's important. I got some TP using the same strategy last week. 2) I am absolutely shocked this is still a problem. We have a ton of TP manufacturers here in the Southeastern US. The only explanation is that there are a lot of paranoid people that are desperately hoarding TP, and venturing out every day to get more.

The time to get food and basic supplies was 3-4 weeks ago. Right now, it's probably time to stock up on water, gasoline for your generator, and ammo for your guns. Then, if things get really bad, you'll be in a great position to trade for some TP. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 5:48 PM

We have a huge facility manufacturing paper products in Anderson County, First Quality.

Mar 27, 2020, 5:50 PM

I haven't found TP is a week.

Bought a small squeezable bottle Bidet with extendable wand and it works!

Mar 27, 2020, 5:55 PM

Cleans the privates & thus need less TT/TP!

The French are good for more than kissing & wine.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update on toilet paper***

Mar 27, 2020, 7:32 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic